doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 29, 11 5:05 AM
Yet another loser from Hd0, these guys need to rethink what their trying to do. 2 in row? Ugh!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 29, 11 5:11 AM
OMG, I can't believe i bought that thing! What was I thinking...or not thinking. Well, I can tell you about the whole game anyway.

As said before (wish I'd read the forum), the H2o adventures are coming out hard and fast lately, This one is a weird mixture of decent background graphics and lousey cartoon figures and items. At first I thought this was a game in planning, still in drawing phase and for whatever reason (low blood sugar?) bought it. Breakfast and 10 minutes later....crimeny, Big Fish got me for over 6 bucks. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
There is a decent plot about Judas and the silver and Greece and etc which really did picque my interest, the game play is the same ole same ole H2O. Nothing new.

So, play your hour (you'll almost likely make the end it's that short)..I'm a little slow and had to feed the dog or I would have saved my money..it's that short a game.
After your hour, delete it. I'll try to forgive myself for being such a wacko.
kris
wahh,... my purchase gave BFG a yes vote! NO , No BFG, this was a terrible game!

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Mar 29, 11 5:13 AM
I have to agree with most comments, I'm not a fan at all of these Hdo games... just extremely simplistic, too much reading, really not much to challenge your mind with, but this one in particular is a real stinkbomb. In fact, I finished the entire thing with 7 minutes left in the demo.

Way too many of these games lately, BF! PLEASE, no more!!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 29, 11 5:16 AM
Ok, BF, I realize that you must release these horrible HdO games, and that's fine, but please think of us when deciding what to release and when to release them. We do not like these games. I have not seen one positive review for good reason. Please offer us something decent in between all these horrible games, not in a row.

On a side note, from HdO, I'm not bothering downloading. I've given them a try at least three times, and they failed all three, so, no.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 5:16:51 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 29, 11 5:16 AM
(posted from an earlier thread)

Thanks for the heads-up, everybody! I thought at first that I'd accidentally linked to the New York Times comics pages! It must have been a CE once upon a time--why, just look at all the unfinished Concept Art!

After yesterday's big disappointment, and now, today's, maybe we're starting to realize that doesn't always pay much attention to members' postings. Tech issues sent in the little green envelope to CS? Handled well! (THOSE folks do a bang-up job, I'd like to add!). Gamers' likes and dislikes in forums like this? Not so much. Overall, I'd say that this month has been a pretty good one--too bad that it seems to be exiting on a sour note. Maybe the rest of the week promises something stronger (because it can't get any weaker!) .

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 5:28:39 AM PST

valhollis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by valhollis on Mar 29, 11 5:22 AM
CasualGran wrote:A bit of googling can learn a lot. Last year october these HdO games have been on sale somewhere for ridiculously low prices. It doesn't take very much thinking than to realize how it must be with these games now on BF. Buying these low quality products must have cost practically nothing, so selling them for 6,99 each isn't bad at all. To BF of course, to us Big Fish Clubmembers it's almost an insult.

I've been pushing myself to demo this TGT, just to see how bad things were. Well, buy the original comicbooks, if you're interested in this Blake Mortimer character, but don't waste money playing this HdO gameversion. Even the DD price wiould be 2,99 too much, that's my opinion.

Furthermore, something WolfenRaindancer wrote yesterday, has had quite some impact on me. I quote:

......And I have recently been informed that we in the forum are really not listened to, as we are a very minor part of the BF group, 5% per Paul. What speaks to BF is our money, so if a game is not bought by many, then, supposedly, they won't offer similar ones. Must be a lot of silent HdO purchasers out there as we in the forum speak loudly and clearly about our dislike of them. And this isn't a new subject. Over the past few years, some of us have spoken of our dislike of these games on BF, as well as other forums, so it is quite clear they really are not listening......

This has been sobering my initial review-enthousiasm greatly, I must say.It was instantly clear to me that, concerning Big Fish Games, I must have been more eager to believe in fairytales than I realized...

Causalgran please don't loose your enthusiasm. I have found that I usually agree with your reviews about 95% of the time. One thing I know for sure: if you don't like a game, I won't either. I always look to see what you have posted. Perhaps you are not influencing BF but you are having an impact in the forum and I am sure that you have saved many of the BF members money on games that are not up to par. Please keep up the good work!

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 5:29:18 AM PST

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Mar 29, 11 5:36 AM
WOW BF are you REALLY serious????? Hd0 games are about the worst I have ever seen in 3 yrs of playing BFG. I think these games are done in about 2 days time and are a quick fill in for TGT. Are you trying to go out of business BF or just wanting your customers to use their punch card credits on these crappy games? It's become a ritual that about the only games that they are going to offer and sell are CE's so they can double their $$. But like someone said our actions speak louder than our words and these forums are not being heard by BFG or they are reading and just not caring!!!

dizzypd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dizzypd on Mar 29, 11 5:37 AM
yet another waste of space game, getting fed up of waiting for a good game to dowmload and BUY.... COME ON BFG bring back the good quailty games we used to get from you....

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 29, 11 5:42 AM
heatherington wrote:In all fairness, it is not Big Fish's fault there are no good games out there, it's the developers who are cranking them out. Big Fish itself only comes out with one good game a year, which are the MCF games. The last one being 13 Skulls which was so difficult I could not play it more than twice. I liked Dire Grove and Madam Fate much better because they could be played over and over. Anyway, something better than Denarii and that stupid one they had yesterday would be nice. Anyway, I am not even downloading this game today.

I am disappointed in the HdO games , but I've certainly not been short of good games from BigFish. I've purchased (or purchased with credits) 42 games in 2011 and have been disappointed in only a couple of them. Now, if we get nothing but HdO games from now on, it would be another story. Yesterday's game is still being offered for FREE some places!

We all like different games. For example, I absolutely loved Dire Grove, but wouldn't take Madam Fate if it were free. I also just finished playing Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince which I enjoyed very much in spite of it being a FROG. I'm hoping that the current batch of HdO games disappears quickly.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 29, 11 5:43 AM
For those who are looking for a good game, but gave up on The Revenge last week because of the glitches, BFG is issuing an update sometime today that should fix all the problems (fins crossed.) Keep an eye on the forum for that game, or if you still have it downloaded, check your Game Manager for an "Update Available" notice. If you just got lost in the game, there is now a walkthrough, but it's in the forum, not the regular blog ('cuz I gave up and wrote one.)

You'll have a lot more fun with that game than anything HdO has put out, and it's certainly not "same old, same old" like the repetitious HdO.

I think the main problem with HdO is that they got one decent game, and they used that as a cookie cutter for every single game since. All they do is change the graphics, write another minimal story, and that's all. The basic gameplay is Ok - but it's just Ok, and only Ok ONCE, not over and over.

If you play just one of their games, you'd probably be happy with it. But HdO had the TGT March 21, 22, 28, and 29. I'd get sick of ANY developer with that much exposer, but for the simple, repetitive gameplay of HdO it is far too much, far too often.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 5:45:00 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 29, 11 5:53 AM
Thank you to Cherb, CasualGran and kris_cross for trying this game. At least you have given a review/comment on what we can expect when we demo it.
I am off to try it now, later fishies.

texasloony
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by texasloony on Mar 29, 11 6:11 AM
IVE READ ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON THE HdO GAMES
AS FOR ME I LIKE THEM< YOU DONT HAVE TO THINK TOO HARD

texasloony
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by texasloony on Mar 29, 11 6:12 AM
ps

ive purchased more games tham you an shake a stick at lol

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 29, 11 6:14 AM
hpottermad wrote:Well like so many others here I looked at the screen shots and thought ugh poor graphics but thought I would have a look at forums, not even bothering to demo it either

Ditto. I wasted my time downloading the others, I won't even bother with this one.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 29, 11 6:15 AM
I cannot give a review, as I could only play 14 minutes. When I got to finding the floral things, I could not pick up the one on the far left, so had to finish.
Other than that seemed a little too easy and HDO are improving their games but not enough for me at this stage.

[Post New]by PolishPuzzler on Mar 29, 11 6:22 AM
valhollis wrote:Causalgran please don't loose your enthusiasm. I have found that I usually agree with your reviews about 95% of the time. One thing I know for sure: if you don't like a game, I won't either. I always look to see what you have posted. Perhaps you are not influencing BF but you are having an impact in the forum and I am sure that you have saved many of the BF members money on games that are not up to par. Please keep up the good work!

I'm with you Valhollis! I'm a newbie to BF and as a gaming Gran myself have found CasualGran's reviews right on the $ with my likes and dislikes. Count me in as a member of your fan club and keep up your excellent reviews!

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Mar 29, 11 6:31 AM
CasualGran wrote:A bit of googling can learn a lot. Last year october these HdO games have been on sale somewhere for ridiculously low prices. It doesn't take very much thinking than to realize how it must be with these games now on BF. Buying these low quality products must have cost practically nothing, so selling them for 6,99 each isn't bad at all. To BF of course, to us Big Fish Clubmembers it's almost an insult.

I've been pushing myself to demo this TGT, just to see how bad things were. Well, buy the original comicbooks, if you're interested in this Blake Mortimer character, but don't waste money playing this HdO gameversion. Even the DD price wiould be 2,99 too much, that's my opinion.

Furthermore, something WolfenRaindancer wrote yesterday, has had quite some impact on me. I quote:

......And I have recently been informed that we in the forum are really not listened to, as we are a very minor part of the BF group, 5% per Paul. What speaks to BF is our money, so if a game is not bought by many, then, supposedly, they won't offer similar ones. Must be a lot of silent HdO purchasers out there as we in the forum speak loudly and clearly about our dislike of them. And this isn't a new subject. Over the past few years, some of us have spoken of our dislike of these games on BF, as well as other forums, so it is quite clear they really are not listening......

This has been sobering my initial review-enthousiasm greatly, I must say.It was instantly clear to me that, concerning Big Fish Games, I must have been more eager to believe in fairytales than I realized...

I knew that before she even posted it! That is the main reason I do not post here. But if you really want to get their attention more? Send emails! Not stating that they will listen any better but they open emails faster then they probably read the forums! Just a suggestion.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Mar 29, 11 6:48 AM
For a strictly HOG & Adventure gamer this past week has been a real bummer.

By my count, since 3/22 there have been 5, yes 5 Hdo games released here. That is a total of 5 dismal games in 7 days.

And The Curse of the 30 Denarii is right down there with the rest. It seems like they keep trying different styles of HOG games but never take the time to perfect even one of them.

Very scattershot approach by the developers that finds them making the same errors over and over no matter the game.

Since the introduction of the punchcards I have been good for at least two full cards per month. When I am in danger of losing a game credit on my punch card and cannot even fill a punch card in a month something is wrong.

My HdO rant for the day!!

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 12:29:17 PM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 29, 11 6:50 AM
Well as I stated in my comments for yesterday's TGT, (which is now today's game) I would delete another HdO game without even trying it. Based upon the comments regarding the game that I've read thus far I'm saving myself some time and a lot of grief by doing so. Sinshack said today what I said yesterday-they're all the same game no matter what title they stick on it. Sometimes I wonder what BF is thinking, but the fact is that they're a business and obviously enough people are buying HdO games so they keep offering them. I imagine there are a lot of club members and non-club members that never even look at the forums. I know I didn't for the longest time. So if others are buying the game at 6.99 or 9.99 USD then it makes sense for BF to keep offering them despite those of us in the minority who can't stand HdO games. The other issue that perpetuates is that HdO sees no reason to change it's MO. As far as some of the other games out there such as the two CasualGran (I think, forgive me if I got it wrong) mentioned, I wonder if there's some sort of proprietary thing going on. Sort of like with medications in the US it usually takes a year or more for a generic to be offered for a new, brand name medication. Does that make sense? At any rate, at least today I'm safe from impulsively spending money on something I don't really need. Have a great day, evening, night, morning, etc wherever y'all are.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 29, 11 7:02 AM
This game is so bad I don't even know what to say. On what planet is that wavy intro screen attractive or fun or entertaining?

Go to: