jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Farm Life

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Mar 31, 11 1:36 PM
I just finished the demo and really enjoyed playing it. I'm glad to hear that there are something like 50 levels, that's the whole reason I checked the forum actually In my opinion this is a cute farm game that reminded me right from the start of Ranch Rush. I liked being able to move things around to organise how I wanted it but I didn't think that the block being on a diagonal was really a useful thing, just annoying as it wastes space, but once you get around that little irritant I found the game quite enjoyable. Definate buy from me

Zolea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zolea on Mar 31, 11 5:15 PM
littleoracle wrote:
I would have very much liked a timerless level, as some of these are amazingly difficult with all the limits. I can only imagine the expert level at this point.

I agree! I love TM games and play them all the time. I really like this game, but casual mode is difficult on many levels.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Apr 1, 11 1:58 PM
I can't imagine how I missed seeing this game! I love Ranch Rush, so I can't wait to try this one. Been waiting for a new TM game; it should have been released on it's own.

[Post New]by littleoracle on Apr 1, 11 9:12 PM
Wow, I'm adding to this review. I'm up to level 50 and it is just impossible to finish. Developers: this is an extremely tough game. I like it, but there's no way I could play expert if the normal level is this difficult. In fact, I'm so frustrated that I'm deleting it before finishing it.

If a sequel is thought of, PLEASE make the casual level actually casual - some of play these games for relaxation with a slight challenge. That would be truly appreciated.

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 9:44:53 PM PST

[Post New]by melissablanken on Apr 1, 11 10:48 PM
OMG!! Loving this game, its better then the farm game on Facebook. LOL Even my lil girls loving it as well. But I'm so mad cause Im still on 44 just cant do it. I dont understand why this is so hard for me. My 7 yr is on 50. WOW right!! Someone happy me out. Just e-mail how to do this. (email removed by moderator)
My lil girl dont remember how she did it. She thinks it so funny.
Melissa

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 1:33:37 PM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 2, 11 12:36 AM
Truly, a great game. I am not one who like TM games but if I were to but one, this would be it.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Apr 2, 11 8:46 AM
LoveYa24, me too! I enjoy both HOGs and TM games. I'm glad to see a new TM come out, since I'm kinda HOG-ged out right now!

I am downloading this one right now, based on the rave reviews. I did like Farm Craft and Ranch Rush, so I'm looking forward to it!

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Apr 3, 11 12:42 PM
Finally a decent TM game.

Unfortunately, it is so fast paced later on that it takes away the fun from the game. I recommend going through the game using the whole time if needed, then go back and get excellent. You will enjoy the game much more

Crazy_Cat_
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Crazy_Cat_ on Apr 5, 11 11:33 AM
Lots of fun!!!! Its a great time management game! I passed it really quick though, wasn't quite long enough for me. Loved this game though!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 5, 11 5:35 PM
I started out liking this game a lot but by the time I hit Level 28 and up, it became SOO difficult and hard to win, I stopped playing. They need an untimed mode. You cannot possibly do all the tasks in what little time you are allowed.

[Post New]by 2puppies on Apr 5, 11 7:37 PM
I agree; this is too frustrating. I've gotten to level 38 in the casual game and made it through without losing the timer, but I failed this level and don't even feel like trying it again. I was irritated with the game earlier on, but I kept thinking one of the upgrades would be sprinklers or storage sheds for eggs, milk, etc., but that hasn't happened. I doubt if I'll go back to it again and wish I hadn't bought it.

If the developers want to try again with this game or something similar, they need to make it a bit easier on the casual level and make some changes, as others have indicated as well.

[Post New]by Zelle303 on Apr 5, 11 11:43 PM
great game-as others pointed out a close one to Ranch Rush.
I am an experienced Time Management Game player-and some of these boards were challenging for me. Which is a nice change of pace.
Its a long game-worth the money.

[Post New]by seamarks on Apr 6, 11 7:46 PM
VERY similar to Ranch Rush - I noticed a reference to "coconuts" in it so perhaps this is an updated version of it? :-) I LOVE IT!!! I have stayed up into the weeee hours of the morning playing this game and beating every level. I literally wait with baited breath for these types of games to come out!! BY FAR my favorite. I promise to keep buying these! A lot of fun and goes well with my need to sort, organize, and beat the clock! :-) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by wumbi1 on Apr 6, 11 9:05 PM
Unable to log in new player. Have removed and re installed the game several times
no luck.

Wumbi1

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Apr 6, 11 9:14 PM
I agree. I bought this game and wished I hadn't. Level 28 is impossible and I don't have enough money to buy cocoa maker--so what's the point..Tried getting more money and not successful. Oh well another one bites the dust.

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Apr 6, 11 9:33 PM
I found i had to sell a sheep to get my coco maker. and as for the end levels, casual or expert i just looked at the goals and bought more animals.. as many as i could afford and made use of the last helper as often as possible. the next level you can sell off any animals you don't need. Once I did that it wasn't so bad, although I still haven't gotten an expert rating on a cpl levels, once i did that it was easier. This is a fabulous game for experienced TM players and I wish they had more like it out! a MUST in my books

DeeCeeS
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Farm Life **Possible SPOILERS**

[Post New]by DeeCeeS on Apr 8, 11 5:56 PM
I'm really enjoying the game, both the game play itself and the creative new ways I'm learning to express myself when frustrated without cursing. (I often fail, by the way, and go back to the old stand-by words.) This game is challenging. I made it to level 34 before I stopped trying for expert, but I did eventually have to stop or I'd never make it through the game. I enjoy a challenge, though, so that's a plus for me.

I like the background story, and I'm enjoying the graphics. I like the animals being "free range," and I love the crops and products. The helpers are actually helpful, and I like having a choice about which tasks to have help with. This is especially helpful when I'm leaving a single item from a machine undelivered to the barn in order to get other machines pre-filled for the next round. The first helper will only pick and water crops, so I don't have to worry about him finishing the level before I'm ready for it.

The most frustrating thing for me (and this is a HUGE frustration) is the diamond-configured soil patches. It makes it difficult to lay things out and find the space for everything. I have found, however, that if I move crops to make room for an animal house or machine, I can often put crops back around the machine in places I had to move in order to make it fit in the first place. It would be great if buildings and so forth could be rotated.

I'm not crazy about the mini-game but that's probably because I'm not very good at that. I'm much better pointing and clicking than "drawing" with my mouse.

All in all, I give the game a 8.5 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best. The configuration issue is a little too frustrating to just be part of the game challenge, and the mini-game isn't much fun for me.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Apr 9, 11 6:50 AM
It really is very similar to Ranch Rush, another game I found difficult to finish. I'm hoping this one may be less frustrating, although reading some of the above posts it would seem not.
Can't developers put in an easy mode in these games for those of us who have enough frustration in our daily lives? I don't mean a brain-dead level, just something a little less challenging than the casual mode as it stands.

[Post New]by ladyofunicorns on Apr 10, 11 1:34 PM
I am still thinking whether to get this game or not. I loved Ranch Rush! I might wait a bit before buying it and think on it a bit more. I just love TM games though and might end up getting it at some point. I did enjoy playing the demo hour though which is a good thing.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 10, 11 5:25 PM
melissablanken wrote:OMG!! Loving this game, its better then the farm game on Facebook. LOL Even my lil girls loving it as well. But I'm so mad cause Im still on 44 just cant do it. I dont understand why this is so hard for me. My 7 yr is on 50. WOW right!! Someone happy me out. Just e-mail how to do this. melissablankenship824@live.com
My lil girl dont remember how she did it. She thinks it so funny.
Melissa

I wasn't getting this level either until I figured out when the truck comes at night you can buy off of it up to 3 times. For a while I was under the impression once was all you could buy from it each visit. I am at level 50 and got within 1 second of doing it. Wrist is wore out, so will try again tomorrow.

Go to: