cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by cateyes51 on Mar 31, 11 12:58 PM
Hi Daniel.
Thank you for answering so quickly. I did the drive test from BF and it says they are up to date but i am still getting the pink screen. Sometime just a small box and other times the whole screen. First time i have had a problem with one of your game. All the other ones worked wonderfully and was looking forward to playing this one.

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Mar 31, 11 3:52 PM
Good afternoon!

I'm having an issue I haven't seen posted yet, so perhaps it's just me / my PC. As soon as I launch the game, the box to enter the player name appears right in the middle of the screen. I can't click, spacebar or escape past it; when I get to the main screen after the intro, there are no other buttons (play, options, quit, etc), just the box to enter the player name, which is not even active (can't enter name or hit OK). The only way I can get out is to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the program.

This looks like a truly awesome game and I've been waiting for it so very long.....please help(!)

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 31, 11 4:08 PM
Hi, I have the demo of this game installed on 2 PC's. My Vista Laptop which has a NVIDIA Graphics card 512MB is absolutely great.

Problem occurs on my XP Desktop. Pink Intro Screen and Pink Rectangles during play, and flickering cursor. I have updated everything possible but it is still happening. I am at the moment trying to update the driver for my sisM741 graphics and will try again. I will edit my post if I am successful.

Kel

No - Even after update of driver for graphics card/chip still getting pink rectangles and cursor flickering and disappearing. Looks as though my XP can't cope with the graphics on this one!

(One good thing though, after graphics update I can now play another game I was having a problem with (black screen on Margrave: Severed Heart) - Go figure eh!)

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 4:30:33 PM PST

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Mar 31, 11 4:18 PM
I, too, had flashes of pink. I was so excited to play this game, and from what I could see it looked like it would be good, but I won't buy until it's fixed. It gave me a headache.

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Mar 31, 11 6:04 PM
My game froze when I picked the wrong hand in the eye puzzle. Had to leave the game via task manager. I got it right the next time so don´t know if it happens every time.

ilovered1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ilovered1 on Mar 31, 11 8:13 PM
When I downloaded this game on my Windows XP 2 it worked perfectly fine on 19.5 wide screen and really wanted to BUY the game.

When I downloaded it in my laptop SONY Vaio 15.5 screen (bought 2010) on Vista , it had black on both sides of the screen. It also had the the same problem of flickering cursor which I can't see most of the time.

Need help on where I can solve this problem. I WANT THIS GAME desperately please Thank you.

ilovered1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by ilovered1 on Mar 31, 11 8:18 PM
Kelvarda wrote:Hi, I have the demo of this game installed on 2 PC's. My Vista Laptop which has a NVIDIA Graphics card 512MB is absolutely great.

Problem occurs on my XP Desktop. Pink Intro Screen and Pink Rectangles during play, and flickering cursor. I have updated everything possible but it is still happening. I am at the moment trying to update the driver for my sisM741 graphics and will try again. I will edit my post if I am successful.

Kel

No - Even after update of driver for graphics card/chip still getting pink rectangles and cursor flickering and disappearing. Looks as though my XP can't cope with the graphics on this one!

(One good thing though, after graphics update I can now play another game I was having a problem with (black screen on Margrave: Severed Heart) - Go figure eh!)

Why do I have the opposite? Mine works perfectly on Desktop XP and on my Laptop that has Vista have the problems that you have?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 1, 11 1:03 AM
Hi ilovered1

Both my PC's are 32bit. And are as fully updated as they can now get. Including all Drivers, ActiveX, DirectX and Shockwave!. Even after delete and re-install the 'pink' is still there.

I did solve the flickering cursor on my XP pc, by going into Control Panel, Appearance and Themes, Display, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, and turning Hardware acceleration to Full. So if you can find something similar on your Vista PC, it may help. I think the control panel would depend on what graphics card you have in your PC.

But I'm afraid I don't know how to get rid of the 'pink flashes'

Kel

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Apr 1, 11 7:31 AM
I checked and my graphics are all updated, uninstalled/reinstalled and STILL get pink screens In fact the screen now will not even show images just pink except for the cursor.
Thought it would be a good game cuz I really liked the first one, but definitely a no buy for me.

[Post New]by bigmonster on Apr 1, 11 2:47 PM
Trying to place the Jewel on the Child of Spring.

ilovered1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by ilovered1 on Apr 1, 11 3:18 PM
Kelvarda wrote:Hi ilovered1

Both my PC's are 32bit. And are as fully updated as they can now get. Including all Drivers, ActiveX, DirectX and Shockwave!. Even after delete and re-install the 'pink' is still there.

I did solve the flickering cursor on my XP pc, by going into Control Panel, Appearance and Themes, Display, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, and turning Hardware acceleration to Full. So if you can find something similar on your Vista PC, it may help. I think the control panel would depend on what graphics card you have in your PC.

But I'm afraid I don't know how to get rid of the 'pink flashes'

Kel

Hello Kel!!

I found a solution to it too!!!!!!! It is different from yours. Found it from microsoft(removed by moderator)
Would you believe it was an easy solution!!! I had a flickering mouse on my plants vs zombies game. My other games were working fine. I was frustrated....

Here is the solution! Just in case some other fishies have it too:

FLICKERING MOUSE

How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games

Method 2: Disable pointer trails

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
1. Open the Mouse item in Control Panel. To do this in Windows Vista, click Start, type main.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

To open the Mouse item in Control Panel in Microsoft Windows XP, Click Start, click Run, type main.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the Motion tab or on the Pointer Options tab, click to clear the Show pointer trails check box or the Display pointer trails check box.
3. Click OK.

Uggghh My mouse was just on pointer trails Some games don't recognize them.

Thank you for your fast reply Kel. Appreciate it much!

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 12:14:30 PM PST

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Apr 2, 11 10:46 AM
I am also getting "pink flashes" with the game running Windows XP. bummer....replayed the first so I could be up on story for this one. Will wait for a fix. At least its pink flashes and not HOT flashes!

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Apr 2, 11 11:09 AM
Same as some others. a flashing pink screen.

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Apr 3, 11 1:11 AM
Same as a lot of people, I also had the pink flashing screen, solid pink screen or pink rectangles in anotherwise normal screen. I've checked my cards and tried reloading with no luck.

[Post New]by sanest on Apr 4, 11 6:30 PM
Count me as a victim of the "pink screen" virus too... sometimes a full pepto bismol screen, sometimes just flickering blocks. All taking place around the talking dolphin. I'm running Windows XP.

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Apr 6, 11 5:39 AM
I thought it was just me with pink screen flashing issues! I have a dinosaur of a computer, but it meets the system requirements to play, so I don't know...

[Post New]by lsirrine on Apr 9, 11 8:01 PM
I am having problems with the Spring Medallion. I am trying to place it correctly in the alcove but it will not take the medallion. I double-checked the strategy guide to make sure I was doing it correctly and I am. Am unable to go any farther. If this is not fixed then I will not be buying the game. I REALLY like the game and played the earlier version on my ipad

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 9, 11 9:02 PM
lsirrine wrote:I am having problems with the Spring Medallion. I am trying to place it correctly in the alcove but it will not take the medallion. I double-checked the strategy guide to make sure I was doing it correctly and I am. Am unable to go any farther. If this is not fixed then I will not be buying the game. I REALLY like the game and played the earlier version on my ipad

Just checking your not trying to place it in the alcove where the green crystal goes. And that you are placing it on the spring child, not the summer child?

Lastly, try touching your cursor to the recessed spot on the Spring Child while holding the medallion, some of these games read cursor placement more than the object you are holding.

[Post New]by lsirrine on Apr 10, 11 5:16 PM
Thank you WilJul! I finally figured it out. Was trying to use the actual medallion instead of the flame thingy in the wrong spot. Have purchased the game and am off on the adventure!

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by JEM1285 on Apr 11, 11 4:39 PM
Mac version -

edited to remove issue....duh....I went to the wrong place!

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 6:25:47 PM PST

Go to: