molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by molla311 on Mar 31, 11 3:25 AM
I really enjoyed this demo
Clear, colorful and beautiful surroundings, good sound - get the good feeling, and I do also think it is a nice change from dark and vampire stories (Which I like). Already got three punch cards
April 1- is up tomorrow and I am NOT going two buy any games oh no..no....

Happy gaming

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 3:26:43 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 31, 11 3:55 AM
Thank you, amj0963, kdub, Kelvarda and sinshack for your reviews. Sounds like an interesting game but as I said in the Devs thread, I am going to wait on buying this. Strange that the last was an SE and this is a CE. I am sure that someone who finishes it in 2 hours 2 mins and 40 seconds, (LOL!) will tell me if the extras are worth double the previous price. I am not complaining, honestly, just commenting.
Have fun all

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Mar 31, 11 3:56 AM
I absolutely love these type of games so it is a definite buy for me....

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Mar 31, 11 3:57 AM
I think that everybody will find this instalment much longer than first even without all the Collector's Edition content.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 31, 11 3:57 AM
The first thing I do when I get up is switch the computer on to see what the TGT is. I saw it was this and promptly bought it , played and freed the first child and came to post my comments and then realised it was the last day of the month so have had to purchase more games to fill the rest of the punchcard ... I wonder how many other people will do the same while they are still half asleep .

I loved the first game and this one too but I do wish that there wasn't quite so much handholding as the sparkles are making me play the game faster than I would have liked. I also think some of the beautiful scenes are wasted as all you do is walk through them and collect a sparkling crystal and I would have preferred to find something that was hidden instead so that you had to spend more time there. I also found some of the flashes of light a bit too bright and had to quickly turn my head away to avoid them.

All in all though this is a very enjoyable game to play and I just wish it didn't take so long for games of this quality to be made ... mind you I would probably be bankrupt if they made them more frequently.

Cherb

ETA ... Having played more I have to admit that I really hate all the bright flashes of light that keep appearing and I think that they are totally unnecessary in these type of games plus the dazzling effect is more severe as you are sitting so close to the screen unlike when you are watching TV. They have really spoiled this particular game for me.

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 2:09:00 AM PST

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Mar 31, 11 4:07 AM
Maybe it's me, but I thought this game was inane and boring.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Mar 31, 11 4:20 AM
I feel like I am repeating everyone else....but I am too downloading the game & yes, I too loved the first one...I hope this one is even better...the funny thing was I just replayed the first game & was thinking when the second one would come out...& here it is like 4 days after! WOW!!!

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 31, 11 4:25 AM
My mom sent me an e-mail requesting this game. That almost NEVER happens. So it must be good. I'm downloading now.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 31, 11 4:44 AM
Boo. Didn't like the first one (couldn't even finish the demo) and the screenshots of this one look about the same. As well, I won't buy anymore CEs except under very rare circumstances (and this isn't one).

I'll find something else to get my last punch today.

The soft release, Cubetastic, looks interesting, I'm going to demo that.

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Mar 31, 11 5:23 AM
Nissiah wrote:Who is the developer on this one?

Silverback Games.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 31, 11 5:30 AM
cherbtoo wrote:The first thing I do when I get up is switch the computer on to see what the TGT is. I saw it was this and promptly bought it , played and freed the first child and came to post my comments and then realised it was the last day of the month so have had to purchase more games to fill the rest of the punchcard ... I wonder how many other people will do the same while they are still half asleep .

I loved the first game and this one too but I do wish that there wasn't quite so much handholding as the sparkles are making me play the game faster than I would have liked. I also think some of the beautiful scenes are wasted as all you do is walk through them and collect a sparkling crystal and I would have preferred to find something that was hidden instead so that you had to spend more time there. I also found some of the flashes of light a bit too bright and had to quickly turn my head away to avoid them.

All in all though this is a very enjoyable game to play and I just wish it didn't take so long for games of this quality to be made ... mind you I would probably be bankrupt if they made them more frequently.

Cherb

I am glad that someone else noticed the handholding. LOL!

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Mar 31, 11 5:50 AM
Looks like a buy. Love it so far. This is going to be a great weekend. The Empress will keep me busy. The vacuum cleaner will just have to wait a while. Important things first, cleaning later.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 31, 11 5:50 AM
I enjoyed the demo and so I did buy it. I think it has lovely graphics and thought that the entire new game as part of the bonus was a fun idea. I did buy another CE (Enlightenment II) that also had another game as part of the bonus content. I just wanted to point out that it is still the last day of the month in bigfish land so I am not sure if it will count as a punch on a NEW punchcard for fishies.In fact, it's only 5:50am there. I know it will count as 3 punches on my March punch card. I hope no one is disappointed. I had read in an earlier post someone was excited that it was the first day of the month and I know it is in some parts of the world but I don't know how the punch card thing works if they track it by time or not. It would be interesting to know.
Anyway... I look forward to playing the rest of the game this weekend since I have to work today and Friday.
Happy Gaming everyone!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 31, 11 6:10 AM
Clipped for brevity
yourshannygirl wrote: I just wanted to point out that it is still the last day of the month in bigfish land so I am not sure if it will count as a punch on a NEW punchcard for fishies.In fact, it's only 5:50am there. I know it will count as 3 punches on my March punch card. I hope no one is disappointed. I had read in an earlier post someone was excited that it was the first day of the month and I know it is in some parts of the world but I don't know how the punch card thing works if they track it by time or not. It would be interesting to know.

@ shanny

All dates and times go by Big Fish Time. I have asked CS this question before as I am UK based.

Kel

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 31, 11 6:10 AM
I played the game and so far it is a keeper, But as many fishes said I will have to wait until next month, such beautiful graphics and sounds,,Not only that the DEV came in to say hello to us and that is a plus..Hats off to Willie..

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 31, 11 6:41 AM
gillydi53 wrote:Now I'm stuck be cause I wanted a game today to fill my second punchcard .Won't buy this one as i'm not keen on water themed games the DD is not to my taste at all but don't want to leave my punchcard with 5 games .As someone commented earlier I wish BF would let us carry cards over .Will have to decide whether to buy puppetshow CE !

Hi gillydi53

If you already have 5 SE games on your card, you will only need 1 SE to complete it. If you purchase a CE your letting two punches go to waste

Kel

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Mar 31, 11 6:46 AM
I deleted before the demo was over. I did not buy the first one and this one looks like a no buy too. The graphics were just amazing thought. I guess I am just more into wolves and vampires and the forest and birds singing.
I live right on the ocean and see dolphins every day, so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe Dolphin overload?

[Post New]by LonghornMom on Mar 31, 11 6:47 AM
I woke up this morning to check TGT and what a wonderful surprise! I loved the first one so much so this was a must buy for me. I can't wait to "dive" in As soon as I get the kids off to school that is. Lol.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 31, 11 7:05 AM
I am the odd lady out on this one .... I bought the first one & hated it ...never finished it ... So it's a no go for me ... To many lights & flashes ....retro ?

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Mar 31, 11 7:10 AM
I beta tested this a while back and I've been looking forward to its release! I absolutely loved it - an absolutely gorgeous game!

Go to: