ZEM High Scores

anton_c
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:ZEM High Scores

[Post New]by anton_c on Apr 10, 11 2:38 AM
Hi
It's nice to know that some of you are getting huge scores, but after playing Zem for quite a few hours, I can't get above 4000. And I'm not even sure how I did that. A few tips on strategies would be most welcome.
Thanks

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mothermayhem on Apr 10, 11 2:45 AM
Scored over 7000, but do not know how that happened . Zem should be developed into a stand alone game.

cjones357
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by cjones357 on Apr 12, 11 6:22 PM
I can't even get a ZERO!!! I can't figure out how to get the memory things into the slot. Anyone willing to tell me wht I'm missing?
Thanks!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 13, 11 8:48 PM
cjones357 wrote:I can't even get a ZERO!!! I can't figure out how to get the memory things into the slot. Anyone willing to tell me wht I'm missing?
Thanks!!

Hi cjones357! I'm not sure if this is your issue or not, you didn't mention why they won't get in the slot or what happens when you try....but you might want to try this... while holding the tape, focus on touching your cursor tip to the slot instead of worrying about the tape itself. Many of these games read cursor placement more than the item you are holding. Hope you get it! Good luck!

cgraham83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cgraham83 on Apr 15, 11 8:30 PM
anton_c wrote:Hi
It's nice to know that some of you are getting huge scores, but after playing Zem for quite a few hours, I can't get above 4000. And I'm not even sure how I did that. A few tips on strategies would be most welcome.
Thanks

I too would love some tips. Granted, I've not had time to play much more than 30 mins over the last couple of days (when I finally unlocked ZEM), but so for for the life of me, I can't get any higher than a bronze trophy. Time constraints make you have to work fast, and don't have time to think ahead very far... <g>

[Post New]by bootsiebri on Apr 17, 11 10:38 AM
Does anyone know how this game is scored??? It just doesn't make sense to me. The highest I've gotten is 2000+ and have no clue how I got that! I don't like to have things "hanging" and this end to a most delightful game is too frustrating! I hope the developers will take this into account the next time. I've played this ZEM thing for several days - am VERY tired of it!

[Post New]by ackskip on Apr 17, 11 10:48 AM
I love this game. Once I started to play I did not want to stop. So far my highest score is 55860. I was so happy that I was finally able to get the gold trophy.

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 4:52:01 PM PST

[Post New]by CatskillHiker on Apr 20, 11 12:20 PM
bootsiebri, if you are "tired" of it WHY are you still playing? Do you understand that ZEM is an end in itself and not a continuation of the game? There is nothing "after" ZEM. It is just a challenge and a reward in itself.

[Post New]by cory_p on Apr 20, 11 2:05 PM
My highest score is over 700000. I love the game...i'm addicted and could play it for hours.

[Post New]by cory_p on Apr 27, 11 3:09 PM
Just got a new high score - 1,897,320 - i'm very tired of hearing "imperial magic"

[Post New]by magicalmoonlight on Apr 28, 11 5:13 AM
got over ten thousand and got gold i thought you would then place the tiara i was wrong

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on May 3, 11 10:57 AM
Wheres the last Glyph? I tried everything around that comet and on the way to the comet on the trail......NOTHING!

Re: High Scores and trophies

[Post New]by bethk59 on Jun 12, 11 8:52 AM
Managed a bit over 4000 for the silver trophy after many tries. My question is this: while playing, I keep seeing : "New trophy unlocked" pop up at the bottom of the screen. A lot of times this is during the first level of play. Where are these "new trophies" that I keep unlocking?? Does anyone know? I've searched the game, but have come up empty.

BreeBears
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BreeBears on Jul 4, 11 7:23 AM
11,380 (YAY Gold).. Of course that didn't happen over night LOL It took me quite a few games (and days) to finally get the gold trophy... But when my 10yo daughter came just a thousand shy of the Gold the first hour she played... I knew I HAD to do it. Especially because she wouldn't let me live it down that her scores were so much higher than mine LOL (at that point I was lucky to get the silver Haha).. For those that haven't gotten there (gold) yet.. it may seem impossible sometimes but hang in there.. you'll get it!

As far as the 42k.. that must have been a typo?? If not, then what's the secret that obviously no one else has figured out yet????

[Post New]by Shainess on Aug 5, 11 12:15 AM
My highest is 115680. Haven't been able to beat it yet. Closest was 78610.

[Post New]by Zindalya on Aug 23, 11 10:54 PM
My highest score is 1,089,680 so far. I think it took like 45 minutes to get that score...

My strategy involved a lot of very fast tapping. You want to try to clear out as many of the "easy" pairs as possible. This means that if you have a cluster of gems with 1 or 2 gems, you should see if moving these to the next cluster (clockwise) will let you clear out some gems. Afterwards, it's really just a matter of scattering the smaller clusters and moving the gems individually (clockwise) into the biggest cluster you have left. You might need to move some gems around the entire board.

Take advantage of imperial magic! Imperial magic is basically what will end up replenishing spent time. If you tap fast enough, you can match nearly the entire board before imperial magic runs out.

The trophies that are unlocked are to the immediate left hand side of the ZEM table.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Aug 30, 11 4:17 PM
I got 23,195. Best so far, I'm hoping to beat it.

You want to get three of a kind in a pocket. At the beginning of the game, you select one pocket, and all the gems go into the middle. Then you distribute the gems, one to a pocket in clockwise order. If you get three of a kind in a pocket, they turn into a winged dolphin. Once you get three winged dolphins in a pocket, they disappear. You want to clear all gems and dolphins from the board.

The Imperial Magic happens when the meter to the side of your board fills up. Then you can click on three gems of the same kind in different pockets and turn them into dolphins, or click on three dolphins and make them disappear. I like to clear out each kind of gem. So, if I have only three red hearts, I get rid of them. Then I go on to another kind. It makes the rest of the game a lot easier if you cut down on the kinds of gems on the board.

When you level up, 20 seconds are added to whatever time's left on the clock, so be as quick as you can in clearing the board.

[Post New]by cargcar on Sep 3, 11 5:02 PM
Score is currently > 10,000,000. Key is to clear the boards as quickly as possible during the imperial magic section. This essentially keeps the time at steady state and I think you can play forever. Have been playing several minutes at a time over a few days. Don't think I will keep going too much longer though. Great game. My first score was 200 so definitely got better with practice.

[Post New]by rover91 on Oct 23, 11 3:16 PM
49,930 after 3 days...

I don't see how I could ever get into millions even by cargcar's strategy as the screen gets too crowded in imperial magic, but I'll keep on trying.
I'll give it a try with a mouse rather that the touchpad.

Great game, although a little too stressful for my likes.

[Post New]by rover91 on Oct 25, 11 5:16 PM
Ok... 85,135 following cargcar's suggestions. It's very hard though.

One must be a machine to keep going on and on, clearing every level at 20 seconds or less. Best time I managed was to clear a level in 14 seconds.

Edited on 10/25/2011 at 6:12:28 PM PST

Go to: