Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 1, 11 1:44 AM
Playing the role of an insomniac tonight...sigh.
...but, glad this was here to give a try.
Little SPOILER [highlight to read]: I'm getting a chuckle out of the quirky/snarky-ness of the character's comments when clicking on them , and the knight dreaming while snoozing on the bench was very cute.

I passed on the Empress of the Deep-2 offering, and find this SE game to be far superior. Still don't know why most comments were All-Agog for the graphics in that game...I felt it was inferior for both graphics and gameplay.

This game's graphics are crisp and clear, with a current-2011 technical quality to them. So far, no hand-holding (playing on advanced/hard mode), and that's something I will always appreciate as an option. Story is a bit corny, but it could be a sleeper, developing into a fun tale.

Thanks BFG, once again -you've continued to offer exceptional games at reasonable prices!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 1, 11 1:44 AM
Well, after yesterday's flashes, and blinding lights, and fireworks (oh my poor eyes), here comes my "fairy tale", with a lot of humor and laugh (I fell off my chair on the mumbling guard: "I have shown you my cards, now show me yours..." ) - just my cup of tea!

Click many times on the characters - a lot of laughs are there...

Thanks developers, Thanks BF!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 1, 11 1:52 AM
I forgotto mention, there are two flags on the main menu. Extras which gives information on other game from the Dev Magicindie games. Strategy guide that takes you to buy it from BF. There is a walkthrough posted for those who need it or want to check the possible length.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-fool-walkthrough/

Again, have fun all, this looks like a great game!

ETA Someone asked me if I bought the SG. Just to clarify, I did not! LOL!

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 7:36:56 AM PST

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 1, 11 1:53 AM
Finally a game that is fun and not dark and spooky. Really enjoying this game. A definite buy for me. A little easy but the hidden object piles are crisp and not too hard to find, I love the humor and the graphics are great. The puzzles are really different too. Good job BF!

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 1, 11 1:53 AM
Hi fishies,

This thread is now stickied for your convenience!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 1, 11 1:59 AM
Another excellent game from the makers of Robinson Crusoe .

I it and have already purchased but I do have one teeny weeny criticism:

The Expert Mode still has sparkles for the hidden object areas ... please devs no sparkles should mean no sparkles anywhere whatsoever in this mode.

I love the humour
good story
the graphics
hidden objects are clear to see
some of the hidden objects are interactive
good minigames ... so far
the music is appropriate (albeit a bit repititious)
no bright flashing lights ... so far

This is a really good game to start the new month off with , let us hope that this quality continues through the whole month.

Cherb

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 1, 11 2:03 AM
The Intro Cut scene can be skipped, but there is a lot of humour in this one, and I think you’ll find it refreshing if you let it play. The voices are nice, and quite fit in with the characters.

SFX Volume, Music and Environment are the usual sliders, I turned the music low, but it wasn’t unbearable (at times it’s Monks chanting, but otherwise it’s OK). Also options for Full Screen, Custom Cursor, and Wide Screen Correction. You can choose Easy or Expert mode (I chose Expert but even in this mode it has the ‘sparklies’)

The Art work is clear and pleasant to the eye, the H0 scenes are rather full at times, but items can be found if you take your time. The Hint is a little owl, sitting on a branch, at the side of ‘our hero’, and when clicked on actually asks you to select the item you want to find, and takes about 1 min in expert mode to recharge. Some of the H0 scenes require interaction with the objects, and the ‘Purists’ amongst you may not like looking for cameras or roller skates, or ‘using’ a ‘medieval’ microwave’

The dialogue, when you click on the people you meet, is ‘unique’ and extremely funny, but this may just be my warped sense of humour. I found myself when told ‘You have the eyes of my beloved hamster. I love my hamster’

Your first task is to dress your hero in a suit of armour so he can go and ‘kill the dragon’ and win the princess, and you ‘dress’ him as you go along. There doesn’t seem to be an over click penalty, so just click away, on everything and everyone, and please, do read the dialogue when you speak to people. Its very ‘tongue in cheek‘.

A definite buy for me (even after 20 mins) and I’ll gladly use a credit or punch card code on this one. A very fitting game considering today's date.

Thank you BF - two brilliant games in two days - keep it up.

Kel

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 2:05:10 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Apr 1, 11 2:06 AM
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE GAME BOO FISH april fools GREAT GAME for a SE game I'ts a buy for me....................................keep up the good work.............I have 4 credits coming now I'll have 3 now thats an april fools joke on me. I also beta tested this game and love it now I can play play play brings out the kid in me happy playing little fishies

[Post New]by digger226 on Apr 1, 11 2:15 AM
help....... i have started to cut off the dragons tooth but it just cuts and the tooth wont come off. anyone else had this problem. please help its frustrating

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 1, 11 2:18 AM
A very nice, humorous game, good graphics, didn't skip one dialogue as they give you clues and are fun. A buy but I just spent my BFG credit on Shades of Death-Royal Blood so I have to wait for my 3 punch cards credits. Played Empress 2 yesterday and this one makes a nice change and is so much better for my poor eyes recovering slowly from nasty sparkles and flashes of lightening...

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 1, 11 2:23 AM
amj0963 wrote:i am also a grandma who doesn't sleep very well lol.

graphics were clear and crisp, h o scenes weren't junkpile and there were some items that you had to do something to an item to get it example baked bread (you had to put the bread in the oven to bake) then after it baked you could get the bread.

characters are pretty quirky, click on them and listen to what they have to say. loved the voice that tells the story it puts me in the mind of some of the older cartoons that used to be on tv back in the 1960's. there are 2 game modes easy and advanced.

liked the story line and the music was not over bearing. this is an ihog and a very cute one at that.

will be buying

giving this game 4 out of 5

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 9:35:29 AM PST

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Apr 1, 11 2:25 AM
This game is funny and alot of fun to play! Definate buy when I get my PC credit!

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Apr 1, 11 2:35 AM
Tried it, Bought it, Finished it!

Another good game, not the best but worth it (maybe a little bit long gameplay)

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Apr 1, 11 2:51 AM
Ooooh don't know if I can wait for my punchcard credits to get this game!
The graphics are excellent. The hidden object scenes are beautifully clear. I only used the hint to see how it worked and l liked the way it asked which object you wanted to find. I was a bit confused by lasso was it meant to be lassoo? and finally a flute that looked like a flute and not a child's recorder.[A particular bugbear of mine.]
The puzzles seemed quite original too, though I did skip a couple. I always do in trials because I don@t want to waste time, then if I buy the game I start again and do them properly.
The humour was spot on and I kept talking to people to find out what was coming next. I laughed out loud at the ghost costume.
It was a really nice change from all the spooky games, not that I don't like them, I've played shivers twice and I think that is my favourite game of all time.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 1, 11 2:58 AM
Carole22759 wrote:
amj0963 wrote:i am also a grandma who doesn't sleep very well lol.

graphics were clear and crisp, h o scenes weren't junkpile and there were some items that you had to do something to an item to get it example baked bread (you had to put the bread in the oven to bake) then after it baked you could get the bread.

characters are pretty quirky, click on them and listen to what they have to say. loved the voice that tells the story it puts me in the mind of some of the older cartoons that used to be on tv back in the 1960's. there are 2 game modes easy and advanced.

liked the story line and the music was not over bearing. this is an ihog and a very cute one at that.

will be buying

giving this game 4 out of 5

[removed by moderator]

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 3:14:34 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 1, 11 3:33 AM
Love this game! The graphics are nice and clean and clear. The story line is fun and I love the humor! Background sounds are not annoying and I don't have to turn them off. It's easy to navigate, no cursor problems. I don't know all the mini puzzles that lie ahead, but it looks like all of them have a skip button, so if I run into one I hate, it will be OK. All in all, a great game. It's definitely a purchase for me!

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Apr 1, 11 3:34 AM
Love this one! I had beta-tested this some weeks ago, but had completely forgotten about it. One of the few games where I actually didn't want to skip the dialogue and cut scenes. Beautiful graphics and lots of different kinds of puzzles. My favorite kind of game.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Apr 1, 11 3:56 AM
I too am having a ball with this game - don't want it to end! I am on the last chapter and it has been inventive and funny all the way through. I really liked the humour in the cemetary
I think this is better then Empress of the Deep!

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 1, 11 4:02 AM
Well I was afraid you fishys were going to like this one merely because I did not get a chance to play Empress 2 yesterday. It's a good thing the weekend is coming up for I shall be very busy. Lots of and I'm good to go. I'm off to play!

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 4:03:00 AM PST

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Apr 1, 11 4:41 AM
Enjoyed the demo, just bought and downloaded full version of the game. I'm playing Shiver right now so will get to The Fool probably tomorrow or the next day. BFG thanks for the best game site provided online!

Everyone have a wonderful day and weekend

Faylyn

Go to: