Re:Welcome to Journey to the Center of the Earth forum

[Post New]by Chiskitty on Oct 19, 08 6:28 AM
hansgirl1 wrote:Spoilers!!

Sarina, I had to use a walkthrough to get anywhere in the game. This is a link to the one I have used: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcJj/Journey.htm

More specifically here is the help for fixing the horn...

Fix the horn - After the other soldier is healed, learn that the conch is broken.

The conch used to call the pterodactyl is broken. We better make a new horn. Use lighter to get a light. Use lighter on tip of bone to make hard cranium. Use hard cranium on giant shell to make prepared shell.

Go back to the crystal cave to take the bellows (can't be taken until the lieutenant asks you to repair the horn or if the crystal is not on the holder and is already polished - Thanks, Jinnie).

Go back to the giant conch at lookout station. Look closer on the giant conch and place the prepared shell at the tip of the giant conch. Place the bellows at the tip of the prepared shell. Talk to the lieutenant.

Hope that helps!

Hi, I did read through the guide from the website you have mentioned but I can't make the lieutenant ask me to repair the horn and when I come back to the crystal cave I either don't know how to take the bellows ( someone told me that I have to double click on the bellows to take it and I did but nothing happened, I still can't take the bellows) Please someone help?????

[Post New]by TulsaRose1508 on Oct 20, 08 4:44 PM
How do use the wiper blade to open the helicopter door. The preview on this game looks cool! But I have gotten nowhere. I pick up the helicopter blade and it disapears.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 24, 08 8:08 AM
bwd4 wrote:Where is the download link for this game? I can't seem to find it?

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/2180/journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth/index.html

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Dec 18, 08 6:45 AM
kwhel wrote:I used my free game credit on this game. To me it is very tedious. You think your past one place then your have to return to it again. I couldn't have played it without a walkthrough, it gives very little hints on what to do. I am stuck on the ball puzzle so it is probably the end of the game for me.

[size=18I bought this awful game!! I wish I had read forums first. Since I had no demo I thought I'd give a large file a chance.. I sure picked the wrong one! I found a walkthru and without it I could not have gotten past the helicopter. What good is a game that you have to read for each step? There are no clues at all in the game to tell you what to do next. And there are parts that are not available to you in the download version.. argh. how do I get my money back???[/size]

macmaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by macmaw on Dec 27, 08 11:42 AM
GIANTS:
I can not find the hotspot where I am to deposit the machete and knife in order to enter the village. In another post, someone said to put them on the right side of the road next to the bamboo........................
The only bamboo I can see on my screen is the gate itself, and so far this hasn't worked. Can someone help this 65 year old lady?
TIA
mawmac

Edited on 12/27/2008 at 11:44:40 AM PST

macmaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by macmaw on Dec 27, 08 12:25 PM
Thanks Everyone

I figured it out. I just had to go back and talk to the Giant.

No need to help me, at least not yet!

macmaw

[Post New]by marriannerudy on Jan 1, 09 10:32 AM
Chiskitty wrote:

Sarina, I had to use a walkthrough to get anywhere in the game. This is a link to the one I have used: [link removed by Moderator].htm

Fix the horn - After the other soldier is healed, learn that the conch is broken.

The conch used to call the pterodactyl is broken. We better make a new horn. Use lighter to get a light. Use lighter on tip of bone to make hard cranium. Use hard cranium on giant shell to make prepared shell.

Go back to the crystal cave to take the bellows (can't be taken until the lieutenant asks you to repair the horn or if the crystal is not on the holder and is already polished - Thanks, Jinnie).

Go back to the giant conch at lookout station. Look closer on the giant conch and place the prepared shell at the tip of the giant conch. Place the bellows at the tip of the prepared shell. Talk to the lieutenant.

Hope that helps!

Hi, I did read through the guide from the website you have mentioned but I can't make the lieutenant ask me to repair the horn and when I come back to the crystal cave I either don't know how to take the bellows ( someone told me that I have to double click on the bellows to take it and I did but nothing happened, I still can't take the bellows) Please someone help?????

I also used the walkthrough on [GB], and like you, can't get the Lieutenant to say ANYTHING about the conch not working! And I've restarted it 3 different times now! I have to wonder since this is a downloaded version, if that was just left out and we're on our own. I did see the flying dinosaur (can't spell worth a diddle!) when I had explored Adam's home and was on my way to the next suspension bridge...but can't do anything else since I didn't get the machete due to not "fixing" the conch (even though I DID fix it even when he didn't say anything!)....so again, I reiterate what you said...."Please someone help?????"

PS...I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it just in case....still doesn't work right!

Edited on 02/01/2010 at 1:15:56 PM PST

robi1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by robi1 on Jan 2, 09 4:07 PM
W14f2z16nM14 wrote:Hi journey to the center of the earth is a hard game to play. I got the strategy guide and it is still hard. I also think it is a silly game. I don't think you can play it without the guide, it would probably drive you nuts. To me2you you must pick up the helicopter blade and use it to open the helo door. however if you plan to continue with the game i would suggest you get the stratagy guide or just rite the game off as a loss. This game is like building something (a car, a house, a cake, etc.) you must folow the strategy guide for every move. If you don't do everthing in order it won't work. This is not a game, you must follow the instruction manual or you get no where. Where is the fun in having to follow someone
else's every instruction? If you do play this game without the guide, you must be a genius.

robi1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by robi1 on Jan 2, 09 4:10 PM

Need help with putting the ball in the open pipe in the geyser elevator

Sarina, I had to use a walkthrough to get anywhere in the game. This is a link to the one I have used: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcJj/Journey.htm

Hope that helps!

[Post New]by sblair17 on Jan 7, 09 7:33 PM
How come i can't get the color pigment to create the fireworks to scare the t rex? Wtheck..i need help..plzzz

[Post New]by mcm1m1 on Jan 15, 09 7:33 PM
I like this game, its very fun and I haven't had to use a walkthorough, but I really don't want to either. I've been playing it all day, I just realized I don't know how to save or quit the game....can someone help me please?

bambi78

[Post New]by fivhiv on Jan 17, 09 6:22 AM
I am stuck in mine!!!
I must put bricks in the big circle to open gate. but i dont now how. Please help me!!! Thanks!!!

deweys1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by deweys1 on Jan 18, 09 7:40 AM
i too bought this game... i can't get past the helicopter.. it really sucks wish we could get our money back, maybe we should get together and demad a freebie deweys1

[Post New]by MelDale on Jan 22, 09 11:04 AM
I have just left Adams Lair, but cannot find the rope that I am suppose to climb down. Told me to go left at the skulls, won't let me. Went back across the original bridge, no rope... I to am frustrated, but gonna hold out with just a little help from my friends.

As far as the lieutenant, look closer at the mechanism that is attached to the bellow. Took 2-3 times going back and forth. Most things do on this game.

It's called a journey, not a walk in the park!

M

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Jan 23, 09 3:13 PM
brinzer4 wrote:I can't even get into the cave. She keeps saying that it is dark, so I lit the lighter and she still won't go in. I'm about ready to get into the computer and go in the darn cave with the lighter myself!!!
If you figure out how to do that let me know there are several games i feel that way about.

Edited on 01/23/2009 at 3:15:33 PM PST

jehar68
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by jehar68 on Jan 28, 09 7:20 AM
Sarnia, you pick up the big shell on the beach before you enter the min. That plus the bellows on the polishing machine. Put together and applied to the big horn will repair the horn.

jehar68
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by jehar68 on Jan 28, 09 7:23 AM
To save and exit! Press escape on your keyboard(top left) and the first page will come up,press save and exit.

jehar68
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by jehar68 on Jan 28, 09 7:28 AM
You need large Leaf,pigments and black powder,also vines which will turn it into a firework,light it and boom!!!!

[Post New]by dbilarczyk02 on Jan 29, 09 11:09 AM
Hey Aquarium Pals, can anyone tell me how I can save my progress? How do I get to the main menu while playing?When I have to quit the game, I have to actually shut down my computer, then start from the very beginning each time.

Thanks for any assistance....

alex1407
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by alex1407 on Jan 30, 09 12:09 AM
Well what can I say!! I to got it as a free b and a gud job 2 less I'd b compaining. You need the brains of someone from a either a lunatic asylum or the school of Mensa- lets face it who in their right mind would think of puting the lighter to a bone then putting it with conch? Appologises 4 anyone who did (you must b a genius) cos I just think its really mad!! I ended up coming off the game and giving up it drove my mad having to come in and out of it finding out what other members had done on that level> THE SUMMING UP OF THE GAME - unless you have the patience of a saint give it a miss!!!

Go to: