Re:Post any Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by beansherid on Apr 8, 11 5:39 PM
For those with the downloading that restarts I got mine going. I went in to the Big Fish help area and reinstalled the game manager. Then I shut down my computer and started it up again. IT WORKED!! Not sure why it worked but it did. Hope this helps you guys too.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

Re:Post any Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 9, 11 12:41 AM
Prairie_Belle wrote:

Thank you SSSOOO much. Worked perfectly

You're Welcome.

Glad to see you got it working! Enjoy

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

error in a minigame

[Post New]by eedebeep on Apr 9, 11 7:54 AM
There is a glitch in the game in the basement, where you have to move blocks that have domino markings of 1, 2, and 3 dots. The solution in the strategy guide shows moving a 2 dot block but it doesn't "count" as a move, so there is no solution to the puzzle the way they have it.

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Apr 9, 11 11:30 AM
I'm not convinced on this one either - I have all the right specs for the game and the latest flash, etc, but it's incredibly slow going. I just quit after 20 mins and hadn't got past feeding the worms to the birds! I kept getting the 'freezing' in jerks and starts screens, whereas some other games might have just one particular screen that freezes, this was in every scene, including the HOscenes. I got fed up of having to locate my curser each time it unfroze!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 10, 11 10:01 AM
Hi everyone!

We have an updated version of Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition available now that includes the following updates:

-Bonus content will remain open after being completed so that it can be replayed without having to also replay the main game.

-In one of the Hidden Object scenes the Pill item is no longer covered by the Yin-Yang item.

To get the latest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. More info can be found here:

UPDATE! New version available for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Ed! April 8, 2011

If you're encountering any other technical issues, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to help. They can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by patchf on Apr 10, 11 3:46 PM
ruth53 wrote:Patchf I'm having the same thing happening, but I made the mistake of buying it. If I not see fix to this problem I'm asking for my money back.

There is a new version. I tried it and it worked. Downloaded fine

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Apr 10, 11 11:25 PM
I am having a problem with the dark brown-colored stones with white symbols puzzle in Chapter 6, Larena; I put in the 2 stones that were in the scene, then left it (unfinished) to look at another scene and came back and the 2 stones were not there anymore. Did not exit the game. Don't really want to start over nor skip it, but looks like I am going to have to skip!

OK, I played the puzzle and it acted like the stones I had put were there - just doesn't show them.

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 12:00:33 AM PST

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Apr 23, 11 4:29 PM
I thought I'd post here in case anyone else was having my issues and missed what I did. I had uninstalled the trial after about 10 minutes because it had slowed to such a point it was unplayable. HP told me all my drivers were up to date but it turns out: Not True!
After an unbelievable amount of time digging around on the HP forums for gaming issues, someone had advised another person with my exact system, to check the NVidia site for updated drivers. (For ages it seemed that hardware shipped on a system was only compatible with updates from your PC manufacturer- HP, Gateway, etc...) Apparently this wasn't true for my system. There was an updated driver package that just came out on April 18 for my card and it fixed the problem!

I'm so excited because this game was just the worst at lagging, not the only. A lot of games lately I've had this drag with. Now,

The next joy would be to solve why with a few games, the sound isn't working.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on May 14, 11 1:55 PM
OMG I bought it twice, they usually tell you before you do that but they didn't. Hope I can get a refund.

[Post New]by nanameve on May 20, 11 5:56 AM
i am on page 15 of chapter 5. I'm trying to put the handle on the fountain but it won't go. It ask for valve which i can't find. Have i missed something?
nanameve

[Post New]by broadwaycat on May 26, 11 9:29 AM
Mac version does not operate fully. There are white squares floating around in nearly every scene which makes it difficult to locate items.

ferball82
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by ferball82 on Jun 12, 11 4:48 PM
Any one else stuck on the blue potion? I have all the ingredients, but when I use the mortor and put them in the beaker, it won't let me put in the carbide. Is there any way to back track and restart the potion without having to re-start the whole game?

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 4:49:25 PM PST

phuquemoi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by phuquemoi on Jun 13, 11 3:31 PM
broadwaycat wrote:Mac version does not operate fully. There are white squares floating around in nearly every scene which makes it difficult to locate items.
Any ideas?

[Post New]by monkeyhugger on Apr 4, 12 8:56 PM
Just started playing the new iPad trial version of the game. I was able to remove all but one dead flower from the basket. I cannot remove the last flower to access the token. Suggestions?

[Post New]by newbornmuse on Aug 26, 13 9:26 PM
Glitch on iPad after solving final 5 ring puzzle!!!

After I solve that puzzle, and tap to continue, it goes to a black screen while the music continues to play. I can seem to still tap the screen to cause some creaking sounds, but the screen remains black and I cannot do anything else.

I am unable to see the ending or even access "extra gameplay" because it says I have not finished the "standard gameplay". Under "bonus content", there are still 4 unfinished puzzles I cannot get to. If I redo the the 5 ring puzzle, it leads to the same black screen with music.

I am using a new iPad Mini, iOS version 6.1.2. It is fully charged, has multitasking gestures turned off, and has more than 7gb of free space. I have tried closing the app, closing all other apps, and restarting the iPad, but it still results in the same glitch.

I will not consider or recommend buying any of your iPad games until this is resolved. If you are unable to resolve it, I will expect a full refund. Thank you.

stuck on dark screen and can't get out!

[Post New]by yalliegirl on Dec 12, 13 6:58 AM
I had just given the potion to Rosemary Reinheart and then the screen went black. There is still music, but I can't get out of the black screen. I have restarted the game multiple times, tried going into bonus screens and then back into the game -- nothing seems to work!

Every time I try to continue my game I end up at the same black screen with music, and no way to proceed. I am playing on an iPad 2.

Go to: