Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain technical issues here only

[Post New]by Shevyron on Apr 13, 11 6:02 AM
Ah - so the orange barrier thingy is not just me! Unfortunately it's my last piece and it thinks there is already a barrier there. Don't want to skip game due to 'achievements' nearly being complete. Is there a fix BF? Will let CS know.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 13, 11 4:14 PM
Hi Shevyron!

I haven't seen any updates come out for issues regarding the barriers, so I'd definitely recommend contacting Customer Support via the green envelope to the right to report this and to check for their recommendations.

I wanted to confirm for everyone that we have, however, been able to implement a fix for the error that some players were encountering where the Strategy Guide was being purchased in place of the game, so there shouldn't be a need to worry about this issue anymore.

If there's still any mix-up for anyone, please let Customer Support know and they'll be happy to assist.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by Alaskagirrrl on Apr 13, 11 7:26 PM
Hi,
I've gotten to the campsite and I've gone through all the steps there as per the walk through. I've acquired the acid. I'm now having technical issues.

1. Along with the custom cursor a generic cursor appears and moves in tandem with
the custom cursor. I cannot find an option that lets me turn off the custom cursor.

2. The screen size is frozen in the "full screen" size and I am unable to activate the
"Menu" button on the screen. It recognizes that the cursor is in contact with it by
lighting up, but does not activate the menu.

3. I am unable to activate the chest on the screen that holds the items that I find or
the diary that has the clues written in it. I have the same experience with them as
the menu. It recognizes that the cursor is in contact with them but I am unable to
access their contents.

So far I’ve enjoyed this game but I find it frustrating that it has these problems and the company is already marketing the Collector’s Edition. I have a MacBook Pro that is only a year or so old. I should’nt be having this problem. I’d appreciate knowing if this is something that can be fixed. I have turned off my computer and restarted it so that I can restart the game without success. I can eliminate the second cursor with the restart but I am unable to move on in the game as it’s controls are frozen as detailed above.
Thanks

S_Sorcha
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by S_Sorcha on Apr 14, 11 8:11 AM
Okay...I'm probably the only one and I'm not sure if this is a tech issue...BUT...certain puzzles just were weird for me. The orange barricade puzzle? I had to skip it EVEN though I had it because it wouldn't let me put one of the barriers on the correct spot! The next puzzle I had to skip was the gear one because AGAIN it wouldn't let me put the gears where the needed to go! I couldn't even put them back on the bottom to try and start over...they all ended up on the same spoke... ARG!!!!! The next puzzle I had problems with was the one where you had six tries...even though I got it right it wouldn't open for me and I had to skip (by this point I was fine with skipping).

On a positive, I still looooved this game! (and I got all the achievements )

~~Swim long and prosper fishies

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 14, 11 8:23 PM
Alaskagirrrl wrote:Hi,
1. Along with the custom cursor a generic cursor appears and moves in tandem with
the custom cursor. I cannot find an option that lets me turn off the custom cursor.
<snip> I have turned off my computer and restarted it so that I can restart the game without success. I can eliminate the second cursor with the restart but I am unable to move on in the game as it’s controls are frozen as detailed above.
Thanks

I have a Macbook and I get the shadow cursor after I close my computer without shutting down the game, when I open it back up the shadow cursor is there. The only way I can get rid of it is to do exactly what you did, shut down the game then start it back up. This is not limited to this game though, happens to me in most of them so I think it's a Mac issue, not the game.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what's going on with your other two issues. Sorry I can't be of more help. You may wish to contact tech support and also check in with the Mac Gamers Forum, there are lots of smart Mac users there who may be able to help more. If you don't know where to find it - go to the top of this page and under the game name you'll see Big Fish Games Forums>All Game Forums>Hallowed Legends: Samhain. Click on the Big Fish Games Forums, then once you get to that page scroll down a bit under All Forums until you see Mac Gamers. Very helpful folks! Hope this helps some!

[Post New]by LilyPad99 on Apr 15, 11 9:01 PM
We don't remember downloading the trial version of this game, but when we downloaded the sample it came up expired immediately. Is there some way for me to find out when we downloaded the trial?

[Post New]by beatlefan_59 on Apr 16, 11 11:48 AM
Still having issues with the barrier puzzle. Customer Service gave me some recommendations, but no help. My graphics driver is up to date according to my computer manufacturer, and I have updated direct X. I will be responding to CS and find out my next step. Pity, I was enjoying the game.

bobo144
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bobo144 on Apr 16, 11 3:01 PM
I had the same issues that S_Scorcha had with the orange barrier puzzle and the cog/gears. Very frustrating...

[Post New]by jlequick1 on Apr 18, 11 3:43 PM
I cannot retrieve the white paper from the Bas Relief. It lights up to let me know to retrieve it but my cursor won't change into a hand to pick it up.

[Post New]by dd6767 on Apr 20, 11 8:17 AM
S_Sorcha wrote:Okay...I'm probably the only one and I'm not sure if this is a tech issue...BUT...certain puzzles just were weird for me. The orange barricade puzzle? I had to skip it EVEN though I had it because it wouldn't let me put one of the barriers on the correct spot! The next puzzle I had to skip was the gear one because AGAIN it wouldn't let me put the gears where the needed to go! I couldn't even put them back on the bottom to try and start over...they all ended up on the same spoke... ARG!!!!! The next puzzle I had problems with was the one where you had six tries...even though I got it right it wouldn't open for me and I had to skip (by this point I was fine with skipping).

On a positive, I still looooved this game! (and I got all the achievements )

~~Swim long and prosper fishies
I have the same problem with the gear puzzle. Any suggestions other than skipping?

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Apr 26, 11 10:21 PM
LilyPad99

You might be able to tell when the trial was loaded via the date on the program folder. Depending on your operating system, the instructions may be different. For XP:

find My Computer. It's either on your desktop or an entry on the Start button. Click (or double click) it so that a window opens. Then select/click Drive C (under hard disk drive and is labelled 'local'). Then select the folder called Program Files. Then find the folder labelled Hallowed Legends - Samhain. Look at the modified date. That should be the date it was loaded on the machine.

This is not a guaranteed solution. A second download may have advanced the date. Also, if you do not see a folder mentioned above it may be because you have your setting to not show dates or certain types of folders. That is more a technical issue rather than a game issue. (if you Google something like "can't see dates on folders" you'll end up at TechSpot or another computer guru site that can help you.)

Another way to check would be to go thru the Start, Help. Performance. ... System Restore. (or right clicking My Computer. Then select Properties.) Your computer is probably set up to create a restore point before installing any downloads. By reading the titles of the restore points you may be able to determine when the game was installed.

[Post New]by mauriandlaw on May 15, 11 10:57 PM
is there a technical issue with the lion head puzzle ?? I can't drag the marbles, they are like freezed, .... i noticed i'm not the only one to have this problem......... the game played nice and smooth so far.

[Post New]by 09joann on May 17, 11 5:54 PM
I am stuck at the scene after the orb roll over waterfall when you look at the car and get the numbers.....unfortunately I can't get off of that window now! NothingI have done works and even after shutting down the game and re-booting my computer, the first thing to come up is the window with the car and i'm still STUCK! Can someone help me!! or explain please!!

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on May 19, 11 7:15 PM
I have disappearing items. My shovel suddenly vanished and so did my rope ladder. I finally got the dynamite and realized my rope ladder disappeared! I checked the walkthrough and, yup, I'm supposed to use the rope ladder to get back to the lower level to use the dynamite. Well I can't get down there without a rope ladder, so what am I to do? I guess uninstall and then start all over to try again. But how frustrating!!

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on Sep 2, 11 12:37 PM
RenaissanceMom wrote:I have disappearing items. My shovel suddenly vanished and so did my rope ladder. I finally got the dynamite and realized my rope ladder disappeared! I checked the walkthrough and, yup, I'm supposed to use the rope ladder to get back to the lower level to use the dynamite. Well I can't get down there without a rope ladder, so what am I to do? I guess uninstall and then start all over to try again. But how frustrating!!

Yeah, I've got the same problem....you are not alone!
It's a shame that these 'casual' games don't allow you to 'save' and 'load', as you can in the larger 'mainstream' games. It's a real pain having to start all over from the beginning, and even then the same thing can happen again!!

Best of luck!

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on Sep 2, 11 12:45 PM
RenaissanceMom wrote:I have disappearing items. My shovel suddenly vanished and so did my rope ladder. I finally got the dynamite and realized my rope ladder disappeared! I checked the walkthrough and, yup, I'm supposed to use the rope ladder to get back to the lower level to use the dynamite. Well I can't get down there without a rope ladder, so what am I to do? I guess uninstall and then start all over to try again. But how frustrating!!

Duh!!!! Answer to problem? Open your inventory panel and click the left-hand arrow; all the hidden items will appear (including the rope-ladder and shovel)!

Tex

[Post New]by squirrelly8 on Sep 30, 11 7:04 AM
I never picked up the rubber mat. So I do not have the hook needed for the grate and can not get the window open. What's wrong?

[Post New]by Theresa1963 on Oct 24, 11 1:26 AM
I am trying to play the trial version to see if I wat to uy the game. When I finally get into the game,the screen keeps liking and will not let me click on anything.Also, it either stops working or it freezes up my computer. I am nt going to buy a game that I cannot preview first. Are these problems just a issue with the trial version of the game or are they issues with the full version of the game? Is there ayting that either yu or I can fix so that I can actually get the full 60 minutes of the trial version so I can decide if I want t uy this game?

[Post New]by morgan917 on Nov 6, 11 10:22 AM
I too cannot move the marbles in the Lion's Head puzzle . No change in cursor. Skipping the puzzle is only solution, which is not an option if you are trying to complete all achievments. Several other people are experiencing the same issue.
Does anyone have a solution?

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 10:23:38 AM PST

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Marbles, Animals

[Post New]by technocratee on Nov 24, 11 3:57 AM
Was slow but playable.
2 mini games crashed on me: the marbles at the lion head just wouldn't move, the interesting puzzle with animals that have to move to their image, some places just wouldn't accept a piece, both times I had to skip

Go to: