Re:Post any Mystery Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by darkthrone on Apr 12, 11 4:03 AM
Loaded the game started it cursor never showed up had to Ctrl+Alt+Delelte to get out sorry folks not worth the troubles will try and see if re-downloading will fix but doubt it

[Post New]by dawesle on Apr 12, 11 4:28 AM
Downloaded the trial...attempted to play but the screen flickered black and a little box appeared saying "CreateDevice S_FALSE" along with a smaller box to click "okay." When I click "okay" it ends with no time registering as used.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 12, 11 5:43 AM
Okay...weirdest thing...I posted earlier that the game crashed and l went back into it and it lost my username and all my progress. I rebooted my computer (remember the computer didn't crash, the GAME crashed, but all the same, I rebooted the computer for kicks) and I went back into the game after that and put my username back into it. After I put my user name back into it then it started back where I was originally. (the Jones Hut and after just fixing the Ferry engine....as I said in my previous post on this thread) The really strange thing is...that after the game crashed...I had put my user name back into the game and it had me start back from the beginning! Really, really strange!

[Post New]by cosyjo on Apr 12, 11 7:57 AM
after going to the second door and trying to use the pass word numbers nothying happens. The numbers won't move

[Post New]by Kerybaby on Apr 12, 11 12:35 PM
saila72 wrote:
canajungirl1 wrote:downloaded the game no problem but when i went to play the screen went black and a little floating box said input not supported ???? anyone else with this problem

Me too!

here too !!!

and yes, I have updated all grafics drivers, flashplayer, DirectX and shockwaveplayer!

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 12:37:18 PM PST

octavia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by octavia13 on Apr 12, 11 2:08 PM
I had exactly the same as Breezie66. Can't play at all.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Apr 12, 11 4:25 PM
canajungirl1 wrote:downloaded the game no problem but when i went to play the screen went black and a little floating box said input not supported ???? anyone else with this problem

Happen to me, also

paribanou
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by paribanou on Apr 12, 11 4:48 PM
Blacked out after the Zyantha guy ..not so good

Funny how the free online daily games always run smoothly and the hour trials are very often screwed up. Jes sayin

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Apr 12, 11 6:02 PM
Lafondue wrote:After the memory game, game crashed...oh well did not look that great anyway..

Same thing happened to me at the same place. I'd be sad but I agree - it wasn't all that great.

[Post New]by Cappucino_cup on Apr 13, 11 12:52 AM
saila72 wrote:I have this problem! When i try play this game, my computer says: game.exe stop working and game kick me out, i have vista...

Me too...very frustrating!

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on Apr 13, 11 1:13 AM
Cappucino_cup wrote:
saila72 wrote:I have this problem! When i try play this game, my computer says: game.exe stop working and game kick me out, i have vista...

Me too...very frustrating!

Yes, so this game no can't trying play or buy!
Ps. My English language no good but thanks all understand!

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 12:42:25 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Apr 13, 11 7:24 AM
There is definitely a glitch with the idols. After acquiring all 5, going over the bridge and beginning to place them into the slots on the gate, 4 go in and the 5th disappears before it can be placed. Given the number of people who have complained about this happening...I think it's an area of code in the game that needs to be checked and a patch created.

[Post New]by superkay on Apr 13, 11 8:25 AM
I got on the table to assemble the medallion and now the game won't let me move on.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 13, 11 9:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up on all the apparent glitches. I won't even bother to continue trying to install it. I tried three times, to no avail. It tries to install, goes through almost
the entire process, and then stops, and repeats the install steps again. Guess I'll just pass on it for now.

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 9:58:30 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 13, 11 11:55 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you receiving an error message upon loading the game, are experiencing a game crash or are having cursor issues, please check to see that your system is updated. You can refer to this help article for those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're having troubles progressing in the game, you might want to post your question in the Game Forum in case there might be something that another player can help you with (i.e. a missed step), or you can try starting over with a new player profile.

If you are still experiencing issues after going through these troubleshooting steps, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with as much information as you can (what steps you've taken, a screenshot, Dr. Felix report, etc.) and our reps will be happy to help. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 13, 11 5:45 PM
This is the buggiest game I've ever played. I couldn't do any of the mini puzzles. In the jigsaw type the pieces wouldn't rotate. In the engine I couldn't pick up the pieces. I also had an idol disappear at the gate and couldn't finish. Big Fish kindly replaced my game credit since this one was unplayable for me.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Apr 15, 11 8:16 AM
Will not buy because the "full" screen is a small box in the middle of my screen. Can't play windowed mode because it's too big.

Why can't game makers ALL have decent sized screen? Other games don't do this.

granniema
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by granniema on Apr 15, 11 8:51 AM
couldn't get pass the table to inspect evidence I didn't gave evidence at this point just started game I am uninstalling as we speak I am going to reload and see if that helps.

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Apr 16, 11 9:47 PM
I was trying the game no picture black screen. big fish this is happening a lot to your games. the new ones really bad. whats up?????????????????????

[Post New]by aopekkei on Apr 18, 11 1:11 PM
Got the same issue. At certain point the game is not saved!!!! That´s annoying. considering I used me credit to buy this game. Lately I feel cheated by bigfish... this is the 2nd one I bought with problems....Reading the dead -I´m also stuck at the well!!!!

Go to: