Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Secret Files technical issues here only

[Post New]by Patty60 on Apr 13, 11 12:36 PM
I uninstalled the game earlier and after reading the posts to find the one about a corrected edition, I downloaded it again. The game started where I left off and did the whole scene skipping again and told me to go buy the full version at BFG. My game manager now told me I had 19 minutes remaining on my 60 minute trial version. I don't see any improvement on the game at all.

I also have the other Art of Murder games and expected this one to be a good one too. I was wrong in my expectations.

Are game creators just in too much of a hurry to release games that they are just settling for ****-hum designs?

I am a HOG player at heart, love searching and finding, hate the running around back and forth from scene to scene when the object could have been picked up three scenes ago. I kind of like the find parts to make a whole and don't mind carrying over an object to another scene but hate it when you are told, oh, go back and find this so you can move forward.

Another gripe is when you have a tool, use it and it vanishes, then four or five scenes later, you have to find the same tool for use in another scene. For example: a crowbar or a screwdriver, why not leave it in inventory and let it be used continuously?

[Post New]by starburst40 on Apr 13, 11 5:59 PM
[b]never did get to play it would not load just set there did update still did the same thing never had a play button on it
third time i tried i thought maybe it was still loading so let it set there quite awhile it never done anything at this time i guess i played 44 minutes of nothing lol

mik71
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mik71 on Apr 14, 11 2:33 AM
I downloaded the full version of the game.
when i get to the first hidden object section i can not pick up the bullet.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Apr 14, 11 9:30 AM
I have the same problem as most of you do. Did profile and did my options and it had no play button at all or start button. Looks like the game needs a Barium you know what to get it regulated to play right.

How can some of you get the game to play and the rest of us can't. I have a wide flat screen monitor. that is 20" from top left corner to bottom right corner. still coulld not find button to start the game. games like this has been my reson not to purchase any games. has been way over a month and a half since my last purchase.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Apr 14, 11 3:48 PM
This one stalls on the select a profile screen. I wasted 3 minutes going back and forth between profile and initial screen. Pointless.

68bird
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 68bird on Apr 15, 11 10:13 AM
I've downloaded the demo, created a profile, and....nothing. It won't let me play at all????. It's like it still wants a profile created. Not sure what to do, maybe i will try uninstalling and re-installing, see what happens.

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Apr 16, 11 8:48 AM
I too am having a problem with the automatically adjusted resolution. Got as far as the scene where you have to collect 20 test tubes but could go no further because, as indicated by the hint button, they were off screen.
After following the instructions to check manually for an update I was told that there were none despite one supposedly being released on April 13th.
For some reason it also closed the Game Manager.
I really like this series and have collected them all so far. I was very tempted to purchase this one but the missing section of screen makes this game impossible to play. Disappointed again as this type of game is right up my street. If the gliches are sorted I may come back to it, but for now I am afraid that I will be swimming away.

[Post New]by karenjugs on Apr 20, 11 2:58 AM
I am having trouble with the gears at the well, I cannot remove the gears or reset the game and as the saves are done, no option to skip back without starting again from beginning, I have never had such a problematic game

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 20, 11 2:56 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're having troubles starting the game after creating a profile:

1. Click Play now
2. Click Yes on the grey box that appears to start the game.
3. Click the top box on the Menu screen, it should say Create if you haven't entered a profile. (It will say Resume Game if you have created a profile)
4.When you click Create a new screen will appear, please enter your name in the box and click on the + sign.
5. Click the target to begin the game.

If you're unable to see some items in the screen while playing, you might want to check that the screen resolution settings on your computer are correct; here is a help article with that information:

Screen Resolution

karenjugs, I found this tip in another thread that might help with the gears:

BF_Fanatic wrote:Mine did that. You can move any gear to another pin andset out the correct ones that way - having gears that are not used in the actual set up doesn't affect the outcome.

If you are still having any issues after these suggestions, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can assist you further. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

BethRed10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BethRed10 on Apr 22, 11 1:47 AM
I downloaded the full version of the game.
when i get to the first hidden object section i can not pick up the bullet. I know it IS the bullet because I finally used the HINT.
I have checked manually for an update of the game but get told there is none available.
Please assist with this!

[Post New]by liL0Ladehoo on May 13, 11 11:19 PM
Well, game loaded correctly and played fine until scene with safe code to be entered. I have code, have tried every which way but loose, and safe will not open. Game is stalled there. I can't go anywhere else or do anything else in room. Purchased April 26 so I should have updated version. Furthermore, when I purchased game I expected same quality as prior Art games. What a disappointment. Now I am out a credit, can't play game and wish I hadn't purchased it in the first place.

[Post New]by Pundamilia on Jun 9, 11 4:22 PM
This game is crap. When I get to the hidden object parts, there´s no way to pick up som of the items.
It´s too bad because i loved the earlier Art of murder games and expected this to be similar to them.
DON´T BUY IT!!!

[Post New]by valbear on Jun 20, 11 10:58 PM
mik71 wrote:I downloaded the full version of the game.
when i get to the first hidden object section i can not pick up the bullet.

I have the same problem plus inside I cant pick up the spray can and the rod
I hope you can help as I also love the AOM games

[Post New]by rfac2483 on Jan 17, 14 6:23 AM
can't even play it! I can hear the music, it flashes up for 2 sec and goes back down to my task bar, I have a new computer! All the updated drivers! Hunt for the puppeteer was the same way. for the size and time it took to down-load I'm not happy at all! Help please!!!!

Go to: