yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by yasure on Apr 13, 11 2:33 AM
I know I'm not the smartest cookie in the batch but where is the "START" button?
OK, got the game started, nothing but click, click, click with the mouse.
Maybe it's just to early for me but I'm uninstalling it.
Menu won't even take me back. I had to use the ESC key.
NO BUY

Nemo_60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Nemo_60 on Apr 13, 11 2:39 AM
I couldn't even finish demo this game was boring me to death, to much talking.
This is a no buy for me.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 13, 11 3:04 AM
I normally try any game, and love hogs, but you said the magic words, timed, few hints and tiny dark objects. Thanks for feedback, no point in me wasting time with a DL just to see if it goes widescreen on my lappy then try to escape and delete.

Having a nice "vacation" in the meantime with Amazing Adventures Dynasty. A little fun interaction, always beautiful graphics on those games like MysPI Series. And, was only on the 14th Chapter when I had found all 50 yin yangs and Unlimited bonus opened without even finishing the whole game. But the scenes do repeat all with new lists, so quitting and going for Unlimited. OT I know, but if this and others lately are uhgs, at least something to fill in the time and save credits!!

Other than the oldies like MCF Prime Suspects I detest timers on anything. But back in the "old days" there were only 2 HOGs to play and I repeated them so many times I could save my hints and just enjoy the scenery.

Well, hope someone out there can clean up those cartels. This is serious life or death days here in California, good guys bad guys but the bads are winning.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Apr 13, 11 3:41 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Well, I played for 5 minutes and delete the game. A lot of blablabla. Not for me, no buy.

I don't think I lasted that long!
Not keen at all on the graphics, far too much conversation to read and, yet again, SPARKLES! After a couple of minutes I'd had enough. I wouldn't want it if it was free, sorry, it was rubbish in my opinion.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Apr 13, 11 4:18 AM
BFG have listed this incorrectly, haven't they?

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 13, 11 4:22 AM
Dang it! I knew the minute I saw Miss Lisa's "pork belly" that would probably not be a great game. But I'm downloading anyway to see what I can see. I don't really need a game today. I have others I can play and very often do.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Apr 13, 11 4:57 AM
Nope--won't even download this one based on comments. Hoping for better quality games in the future.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 13, 11 5:38 AM
Well, there's no doubt in my mind that the developer and have gone the cheap and easy route for the second time with this formerly classic series. Looking for an hours-long complex adventure? Fuhgettaboutit!

Looking for a quasi-IHOG with: a confusing profile option: no voice acting but PLENTY of sub-titled, small-print dialogue (like reading a detective's witness-interview notes); a search for two teeny-tiny pocket watches which, when found, provide a whopping TWO extra hints (although there is a re-upping hint system); some hidden objects that are SO hidden and small that you'll NEED that hint system; at least one TIMED mini-game so far--use an inventory item on an object, hustle back and grab another inventory item to use on said object, b4 the scene resets itself and you get to try all over again (no SKIP?); a game cursor that's like coaxing a stubborn puppy on a leash; a "December 1969" walkthrough page? Then you've come to the right place!

I've got one more Punchcard code that's itching to be used--guess it'll have to wait for another day. Oh, that's right, for those w/credits, tomorrow is "CE--can't-use-those-credits" day--well, TWO days then!

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 5:46:41 AM PST

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Apr 13, 11 5:38 AM
Disliked this game in a big way. Items waayy too small/blended and many didn't even look like what they were supposed to be. In one section you have to search for 20 test tubes within a certain time limit. If you don't find them before time runs out, you have to restart the search. No option to skip. Took me at least three tries to find clear test tubes.

ladiedidee
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by ladiedidee on Apr 13, 11 5:43 AM
you might as well go buy a good book. i hate to read. book covers taste good though..lol
this one is no good...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 13, 11 5:50 AM
Hello fishes. Once again thank you for your reviews. They sure ease the pain of finding out the game is another flop.I guess trying to figure out why they are taking these fabulous games and turning them into trash is going to give us a head ache.No one at Big fish listens to us on the forums.We may have to go directly to Big fish.To the top.

Once more thank you.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 13, 11 6:00 AM
Belladonna32 wrote:Ember
Many thnks for your review (and everyone else too)

I too was excited when I saw this assuming it was goint to be another adventure game like the originals. They were so good - can't bgelieve they have turned it into a HOG with timers.I'd already downloaded when I saw the reviews but don't think I'll be rushing to try it

Totally agree, what a shame to ruin such a good series by turning them into HOGs. (2 within a matter of a couple of weeks). Big Mistake developers.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 13, 11 6:16 AM
I haven't played the other games in this series, but I agree with what's been said about this one here. I did download Direct-X. The movie-like scenes at the beginning were intriguing, but the game play didn't live up to that promise.

The dialogue text was irritating to read, especially since it seemed to take up at least 30 percent of the time in the demo.

I too had trouble with the sketch scene and backed out of the game twice before finally hitting the left directional button to find the glasses category, which was off-screen for me.

The hidden object scenes had some incredibly small objects, but also some objects that were way out of scale, like an enormous snail in the junk pile scene.

Both of the test tube games were irritating: I finally used two hints to find the last 2 (of 20 test tubes) in the timed scene, and I did finish the matching game, but the small, similar symbols were difficult on my eyes. I finally just broke it down into outer shape and went on a systematic hunt.

A "tire spoon" is an actual tool, but I discovered it by mistake in the hidden object scene so had no idea what it looked like until I googled it.

I finished the demo with 26 minutes to spare and certainly would have continued on to the professor's apartment, but not when I had to pay to do so.

I also agree with Edmee1947: the Mexican police surely could have performed all the tasks that the FBI agent did, and without having to look for the key to the cabinet!

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Apr 13, 11 6:31 AM
Misty40 wrote:I won't be buying this one either. Sad to see they've turned this series into a HOG. What a waste!!!

I completely agree with you. I have played all the other "Art of Murder" adventure games and I loved it...and now...it is sad indeed !!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 13, 11 6:36 AM
FYI comment, not a review.

Read somewhere, there is a series of 3 of these
Art of Murder IHOGS, so guess we will be seeing
# 3 soon.

Maybe then, devs. will go back to their LFA.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Apr 13, 11 7:03 AM
Chronicles of Mystery and Art of Murder go HOG. A sad end to two good Adventure series.

Maybe the developers were lured by the thought that the HOG market may be larger??

The new trend has produced a game that cannot decide what it wants to be. This makes it a mishmash and rather difficult to play and enjoy.

Sadly the reviews appear to indicate the game is not popular with players in either genre.

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 7:05:54 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Apr 13, 11 7:05 AM
What a horrible game, I had to use a magnifying glass to find the HOs and even that didn't help. This game is a waste of time and it's not very long. Because of the no storyline and all the doing sketches of suspects it's boring. No buy for me.

[Post New]by cushtigger on Apr 13, 11 7:25 AM
Oh no I am so disapointed they have seemingly changed the Art of Murder series into HOG's only, I hope this is only a short term glitch as I found the originals brilliant as they often required some lateral thinking to solve.
Has anyone got any suggestions for older large file games with good player interaction and a quality storyline, that are based on either something scary/ murder or adventure ?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 13, 11 7:36 AM
I have played the first Art of Murder games - very welldone Largefile games. But the developers have changed this into an only bad hog. No buy for me

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Apr 13, 11 7:38 AM
I downloaded the demo only and I am sure glad I tried before I bought. I am an old lady and my true time in life is running out and I sure don't like to play games with a timer in some areas. My hands and mind do not work that fast anymore.
I did not buy and do not intend to because of this timer thingy.
Happy gaming folks.

Go to: