AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 23, 08 11:13 AM
I'm just putting this out there...is it a sin to find a walkthrough on a game such as this and get a little help .....or are you die hard you must muttle through on your own type players? Just wondering.....I feel like I've cheated myself but I was so stuck. Should clarify....I didn't look at the answers, just where I should be next type info.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 23, 08 4:12 PM
AlmostSilver wrote:I'm just putting this out there...is it a sin to find a walkthrough on a game such as this and get a little help .....or are you die hard you must muttle through on your own type players? Just wondering.....I feel like I've cheated myself but I was so stuck. Should clarify....I didn't look at the answers, just where I should be next type info.

I think it depends on how many of these games you've played. There's a definite learning curve to figuring out how the games work and how each developer sets up game play. I don't think it's cheating at all to get some help along the way when your enjoyment of the game is being affected. Walkthroughs are helpful for the first couple of times someone starts playing this type of game. After that, I prefer just getting hints when I'm stuck. Like in this game, finding out that Van H had to write stuff down for it to count was a little trick of the game, unique to this game. Although the puzzles were "solved", they weren't because of this trick. For me, there's no point in fighting that.

[Post New]by scarywomn on Dec 24, 08 8:17 AM

Hi Everybody! Am new here to the pond, just wanted to say hi! And I have a question...How come when I bought, downloaded, & installed this game, when I went to play it I received an error message saying a DLL file couldn't be found? Or something like that.
I uninstalled the game and am downloading it again so we'll see what happens.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 24, 08 10:57 AM
scarywomn wrote:

Hi Everybody! Am new here to the pond, just wanted to say hi! And I have a question...How come when I bought, downloaded, & installed this game, when I went to play it I received an error message saying a DLL file couldn't be found? Or something like that.
I uninstalled the game and am downloading it again so we'll see what happens.

Chances are that the NVIDIA Physx driver didn't download/update. If you go to the game website directly or to NVIDIA website, you can get a link to download the driver directly rather than do a complete reinstall.

Re:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum / cemetary

[Post New]by spaceboy on Dec 24, 08 5:34 PM
jett8238 wrote:HELP !!!!!! I,m in the cemetary I think i have located the lemon mosuleum, now what ?

Me too. I talked to the house servant who was no help, and the drunk grave digger (also no help), stole his digging tool and found the grave, but now what? Do I just need to keep scratching out the names until I take note or did I miss something. thx for the help. merry x-mas

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum / cemetary

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 24, 08 8:52 PM
spaceboy wrote:
jett8238 wrote:HELP !!!!!! I,m in the cemetary I think i have located the lemon mosuleum, now what ?

Me too. I talked to the house servant who was no help, and the drunk grave digger (also no help), stole his digging tool and found the grave, but now what? Do I just need to keep scratching out the names until I take note or did I miss something. thx for the help. merry x-mas

See if you can click on the names and dates. Once it's in your note book, you can go open the ched

Re:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum KEY MAKING?

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Dec 25, 08 10:25 AM
michie2724 wrote:Ok how does one make the key to get into the false wall??? ive tried to apply every piece of inventory i have as well as tried to combine inventory to make the key. Pls help im about to throw the computer out the window, thank gawd im not relying on intelligence to stay alive lol

I'm having trouble with this too. I have all the things eg) nails, saw, mallet file etc but no doweling! Just a little basket with a few pieces in it and can't pick them up. Where do I find the dark and lite doweling. Did you get though it. Please help. Where did it go????????

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum KEY MAKING?

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 25, 08 1:12 PM
dragonfly9292 wrote:
michie2724 wrote:Ok how does one make the key to get into the false wall??? ive tried to apply every piece of inventory i have as well as tried to combine inventory to make the key. Pls help im about to throw the computer out the window, thank gawd im not relying on intelligence to stay alive lol

I'm having trouble with this too. I have all the things eg) nails, saw, mallet file etc but no doweling! Just a little basket with a few pieces in it and can't pick them up. Where do I find the dark and lite doweling. Did you get though it. Please help. Where did it go????????

You pick up wood in the downstairs room with the safe. It doesn't look like doweling there but magically turns into it when you go back to the workbench in the first underground room.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 25, 08 4:00 PM
tchmom wrote:I have come to my biggest problem. I am at the castle. Smashed the coffins and figured out the combination code. But at the weapons it won't let me put in the code. It keeps telling me I need more information???? Help someone. I'm going nuts.

You have to make sure you look at all of the pictures and that you've talked to the trapped jam-heart eating stable guy as much as you can. Did you also get everything out of Harker's coffin? If any of these steps is skipped, the game won't let you try the puzzle.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 26, 08 3:57 AM
Hi Dragonfly9292

for your missing piece, you will need the cane, which is found at the front door in the umbrella stand.

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Dec 26, 08 9:32 AM
How can I thank you enough? You were a great help with RTR and now here. You are one smart person. Some puzzles really get to me. Just not very good at them. Thanks again so much.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 26, 08 1:29 PM
dragonfly9292 wrote:How can I thank you enough? You were a great help with RTR and now here. You are one smart person. Some puzzles really get to me. Just not very good at them. Thanks again so much.

You're very welcome! and never sell yourself short! That's a rule here! Have fun and enjoy the game!

Sho23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Sho23 on Dec 26, 08 5:01 PM
Ok i have been playing for a while but I am at Mustapha's and I forgot to get the casserole when it was offered and now i can't get the fresh water for the monk without it . Do I have to start over or can i get the casserole some other way. I feel like an idiot for not picking it up when i should have.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 26, 08 6:09 PM
Sho23 wrote:Ok i have been playing for a while but I am at Mustapha's and I forgot to get the casserole when it was offered and now i can't get the fresh water for the monk without it . Do I have to start over or can i get the casserole some other way. I feel like an idiot for not picking it up when i should have.

It should still be on the ledge next to the barrel outside Mustapha's inn

LUVSYABABE
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by LUVSYABABE on Dec 27, 08 8:11 AM
i have a problem with the game crashing it has happened twice and I have to shut down my computer to get it off the screen and then I have to start again. anyone else have this problem

Sho23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Sho23 on Dec 27, 08 8:28 AM
Thanks, prpl, I will give it a try.

the star in the vamps" bedroom" again prpldva??????

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Dec 27, 08 10:14 AM

prpldva

You're very welcome! and never sell yourself short That's a rule here! Have fun and enjoy the game!

I am really trying to have fun here but I am stuck again trying to figure out the "star! I got the "blood book but be darned if I know how or where to put the stones.Wow like I said?????????? puzzles???????????

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

the star in the vamps" bedroom" again prpldva??????

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 27, 08 1:59 PM
dragonfly9292 wrote:
prpldva

You're very welcome! and never sell yourself short That's a rule here! Have fun and enjoy the game!

I am really trying to have fun here but I am stuck again trying to figure out the "star! I got the "blood book but be darned if I know how or where to put the stones.Wow like I said?????????? puzzles???????????

That was tough for me too....finally got it. See PM for answer as I do not want to spoil the fun

Thank you almostsilver

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Dec 27, 08 8:03 PM
I finally got it thanks to you I will keep playing as I enjoy the game. You are a lifesaver. Thanks again

babyowl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by babyowl on Dec 30, 08 6:28 AM
Hi All....I keep seeing all these problems with downloading and am wondering if the game is worth all the problems? Could someone let me know what they think?

Thanks

Go to: