vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Post any PuppetShow: Lost Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 14, 11 3:02 AM
Reinstalling made no difference, so there's no way I'm buying till it's fixed. Major issue indeed!

[Post New]by caffeine333 on Apr 14, 11 3:06 AM
the game is running soooo slow I quit after 5 minutes. I didn't do the trial and just bought it because I love puppet show. Wish I'd done the trial first! Hopefully they get a fix for this soon

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 14, 11 3:10 AM
Welcome to the pond caffeine! I'm sure they'll fix it soon!

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Apr 14, 11 3:12 AM
I would very much like to purchase this game but it is just too slow and laggy even on my husband's newish laptop - I have been playing large file games on it for sometime and never had an issue with any of them. A no buy until fixed and it looks like such a goodie too !!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 14, 11 3:26 AM
Although I bought the CE and had the same problems, with slow movement. Strange, I tried the SE as well, and found that disabling the cursor worked for me but it looks like it does not work for other fishies!

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 3:27:10 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 14, 11 3:33 AM
I've been waiting not very patiently, for the SE to come out for this PuppetShow, and now, I'll have to wait longer because I'm not going to purchase a game with a poky cursor and slooooooow movements between scenes. I don't remember the CE doing this when I demoed it. I hope there's a fix soon. I really want this game!

[Post New]by bluesax44 on Apr 14, 11 3:40 AM
Glad i read teh forum as i thought it was playing sluggish as i had so many windows open but made no change closing everything else
the game is unplayable
grrrrrrrrr was looking forward to it

jessikart
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by jessikart on Apr 14, 11 3:58 AM
Thank goodness for the forums! Nearly bought this straight off, but demo'd, then came here to see if it was just me...

Slow, lagging cursor, jerky, out of sync SE when CE was fine What's going on?

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by irishmist on Apr 14, 11 4:08 AM
[u]
I disabled the cursor and the game still is slow and jerky. Did the SE do this as well? I wouldn't buy unless this is fixed.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Apr 14, 11 4:18 AM
Well, come on BFG, you have two pages (so far) of complaints of sluggish playing and nothing is being done. The CE version ran great. Something is wrong with this version!

Please keep your customers informed!!!!

[Post New]by pmh5701 on Apr 14, 11 4:36 AM
I have the same issues. Have bought the other Puppet Shows mysteries, so I was really looking forward to this one. Reinstalled it twice because thought it was me, but I see here that I'm not the only one having problems. Wasted 1/2 the time allowed thinking it would get better but it didn't. Help!!

[Post New]by wheaters on Apr 14, 11 4:36 AM
Thank heavens, I'm having all the same problems as everyone else, thought it was my pc. So thank you all for your comments. Come on BF - fix it. I loved the CE trial and have been dying to play the full game.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 14, 11 4:55 AM
I turned off the custom cursor and I'm not having cursor problems anymore, but there is still a dark lag time between scenes lasting up to 5 seconds. Anyone else having that happen? Is that just part of the game?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 14, 11 5:02 AM
Hi fishies,

In order to flag any issues you may be encountering, please be sure to take a moment to log your complaints with Customer Support.

You can reach Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on Apr 14, 11 5:16 AM
hmmm, was hoping some other fishy had insomnia and had downloaed the newly de-CE'd PuppetShow: Lost Towns and experienced any difficulties after trying the trial version then buying the full version...guess so. I cannot get the full version to run, it says it's running, but it's not. I've restarted, uninstalled reinstalled from 3 different places, game just wont run, and I'm a tearful, bored little fish, lol! It's not so funny tho'. I sent in a request for tech support, so I hope to hear something later...when I finally nod off, lol! Okay I am rum dum from fighting this game, better swim off to bed to listen to hubby snore!

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Apr 14, 11 5:21 AM
Count me in with the jerky SUPER jerky mouse, couldn't even play the 1st scene and it took me minutes to get it over the MENU button to get out of the dang thing!!!

The mouse worked perfectly fine on the opening page, but that was it.

Also count me in that I have been waiting 4-5 weeks for this, was super happy to see it on a "CE Day" only to have this happen! The CE trial worked just fine for me too.

It's only 5:20 AM BF time, wonder how long we will have to wait?

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Apr 14, 11 5:23 AM
Same here, had to quit due to sluggish cursor and lag times. Played the CE demo, so didn't re-demo. Dummy me! Didn't think it was my computer--it's brand new with a ton of ram and a high-end graphics board. Was a happy fishie when I saw the game, but not any more!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 14, 11 5:24 AM
First time I have posted anything. Having same problems as everyone else. Game is really sluggish even without the custom cursor, very very jerky, talking sound but no written dialogue until nearly at the end. Completely unplayable and I was so looking forward to the SE version. Botheration. Now will have to wait for BFG to make a fix. Hope it's soon. Really soon. Like TODAY !!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 14, 11 5:27 AM
I have the same problems as every else here. I hadn`t these problems while playing the trial from the CE. Please fix this Bigfish

naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by naedebpat on Apr 14, 11 5:29 AM
my demo is also slooow going. Waited for the SE and now I'm completely depressed.Big Fish could you please fix. CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE, I HOPE THE REST OF THE FISHES DO THE SAME. REALLY WANT TO PURCHASE.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 6:08:25 AM PST

Go to: