orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Mystery: The Legend of the Sacred Treasure

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 14, 11 4:07 AM
Just DL’d and thought I would look at the forum before I played.

Thanks, lovetomisslisa I seem to like the games you like, so I was thrilled with your positive review.

Also the dialogue between jojo_the_joyful and peglegann was very positive. and thanks Jojo for the walkthrough ref:.

I’m a big fan of City Interactive LFG’s, haven’t made up my mind re the HOGS yet. Trialed AOM: Deadly Secrets and enjoyed it, but am not convinced with AOM: Secret Files, but the Chronicles are my favourite so I’ll let your know what I think after I‘ve trialed this one.

Jo

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Mystery: The Legend of the Sacred Treasure

[Post New]by shortstuff9559 on Apr 14, 11 4:33 AM
[b]it is a no buy for me unless the screen is smaller and fit my screen and when i clicked on the objects nothing happens other than that it would have been a good game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 14, 11 5:03 AM
I played the game for about 20 minutes and i want be buying, music was great but the graphics was not so good..This would be a great game for beginners.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 14, 11 5:09 AM
Game is average in my opinion. Graphic is okay, gameplay also, but nothing special and not great. No buy for me

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 14, 11 5:09 AM
shortstuff9559 wrote:[b]it is a no buy for me unless the screen is smaller and fit my screen and when i clicked on the objects nothing happens other than that it would have been a good game.

Oh Shortstuff, you made me laugh LOL.

If you could have clicked on a hidden object it would have been a good game LOL My guess would be that goes for all H O games

Why not contact CS, then may be you will get a fair crack of the whip.

Good Luck

amarisse
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amarisse on Apr 14, 11 5:29 AM
i'm starting to feel like all my adventure game series are selling out to become hog

Orbie1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Orbie1 on Apr 14, 11 5:29 AM
[/b] I don't like demo games and this was a demo game. I only played for 29 minutes and it shut me off. I for one never buy games that only give me a demo play. It tells me they are scared to give you more than that. I get the feeling it would give me no problem and not test me at all. That is why they only give it in demo form when you want to test it out. So I say don't bother even trying this game out. There is to much reading and not enough actual game time. Items are easy to find.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Apr 14, 11 5:43 AM
Orbie...Most of the time a demo is set to a point between scenes. It really has little to do with anything else. If all games timed out at the same minute it often could be cutting you off at a point that didn't save.

Off to try the demo.

Happy gaming Fishies

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Apr 14, 11 5:43 AM
City Interactive appears to have decided to continue releasing the Chronicles series as Hidden Object games.

It is probably unfair to compare the new versions of AOM and COM to the original LFGs but it is hard not to do so.

I find the new games rather awkward. They seem to not be able to find their pacing. They are not bad games but the developers seem to be struggling with the new format and today's COM game is not an exception.

The scenes are dark, this works with an Adventure game but not an HOG. The dialogue is still in Adventure mode where you have to sometimes take notes to stay on the right track. HOG gamers seem to grow impatient with too much chatter. Not a bad game but one that seems to be struggling for an identity.

I am on the fence with these. I have tried all the new AOM and COM games and while I think they are decent games, for me there is the tendency to compare them to the LFGs that I enjoyed.

I have decided that I am not going to give up on the series and hope the developers will find their footing in the new genre and the new games will evolve into great games.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 5:45:17 AM PST

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 14, 11 5:49 AM
amarisse wrote:i'm starting to feel like all my adventure game series are selling out to become hog

Second day in a row, see the game splash, see the game title, race off to download, and see another adventure game series go poof.....

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Apr 14, 11 6:37 AM
I like the idea of the game but the screen is just too dark to see the objects well. Add that to the fact the cursor has a mind of its own and I could not find the options to chose my regular cursor and there is far too much conversation for me, so it makes a no-buy for me also.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 14, 11 6:39 AM
I would have given this game a fair trial, but I cannot play what
I cannot see. Not only the scene, but the list is far too dark
for these old eyes.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 14, 11 7:01 AM
Well now having trialed the game, even though I enjoyed it, I checked out the Walkthrough and it only has 2 chapters, and by the time my trial blacked out at 49 minutes, I was halfway through chapter one.

Also I'm one of these people who doesn't easily adapt to change and having played all the City Interactive LFG's, I'm not so happy with the changes. I love the voice overs, I love the third person aspect of the LFG's and most of all I love the size of the LFG's.

So I will have to wait until BFG puts the three City Interactive games released this week on sale for $2.99 before I buy.

The other 2 are Art of Murder: Dearly Secrets and Art of Murder: Secret Files, both have walkthrough's and both look like short games.

Jo

sniffll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sniffll on Apr 14, 11 8:44 AM
YET ANOTHER DARK, 2 DIMENSIONAL, BORING GAME. Bad graphics-just flat with no dimension for the HOG scenes. If you play on a laptop (and I reckon many of us do) it's nearly impossible to see items in a dark, dark, scene. And a "large" plank which is sideways and no wider than a toothpick. Ridiculous. Almost no good games any more. I have been trying to find one to spend my credit on so I can quit the club. Been trying for many days and DON'T like vampire games or ghost game. Whatever happened to good HOG combined with mystery games?

Also agree that the Art of Murder is bad and the HOG scenes are also non dimensional.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Apr 14, 11 8:59 AM
Found the graphics good, but very dark in spots. Got a little scared when the game turned on the timer; I like to take a moment to refill my coffee cup or wine glass depending on the time of day. Demo finished after 31 minutes of play. On the fence with this one and still have two game credits to use for this month.

smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by smilestogo on Apr 14, 11 9:53 AM
It was hard to start the game and I was just getting into it and my time was stopped short, only got 41 minutes of the 60 promised, what's up with that?? I did enjoy what was played though. No trouble with the ****'s and graphics' were very good.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Apr 14, 11 9:54 AM
Well, lasted about 10 minutes. I had obviously liked the previous games in the series, since I bought them, but this one leaves me cold. Dark and murky. The clues are hard to make out. Some of the objects also.
With those handicaps, it makes absolutely no sense to time the H0 scenes!
Those of you who enjoy this, best of luck!
As for me, NO BUY!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 14, 11 10:10 AM
I am not a Chronicles die hard fan but I thought from the intro, this would be hot! Sadly...just meh

I run on Win7 so the graphics were nice enough but STOP WITH THE SPARKLES! If this is an adventure game, let us be adventurous...The sparkles + long dialogue + hints while I am solving a mini game (when I didn't request hints) = A REALLY UNHAPPY FISH!

I don't care that you went to HOGs like many fishes do but make it good! Don't treat us like morons, devs...

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 10:11:18 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 14, 11 10:14 AM
i don't hav make a lot of comments with this one since I agree with most of ther reviews that have been posted so far.UGH !!!!

kpopluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kpopluv on Apr 14, 11 10:18 AM
i am SEVERELY disappointed with the last games that have previously been great LFG but have been reduced to this. It's a real shame. AOM and COM were great as they were, why were they DRASTICALLY changed to be HOG!??? Since i own all the games under those titles, i was about to just buy the newest AOM released until i saw AOM: secret files released yesterday as a LFG and something did not feel right. checking back, i saw that they were now HOG which we clearly do not have enough of as it is. i guess they figure it's cheaper and easier to make another overused HOG to saturate the genre. it's seem i'm really going to have to go to other sites and spend more money on games i actually like. oh well! "the next big thing" (from the makers of 'runaway') is coming out soon. i might actually spend 29.99 on it...

will not be trying nor buying any of these games.

Go to: