sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by sonofstar on Apr 16, 11 7:40 AM
There is a technical issue regarding the round symbols needed for the elevator later in the game. -1- I thought somehow I'd missed the lightning bolt symbol. I went on the game forum and someone was kind enough to give me the locations where all of the symbols had been found. I realized that I'd originally gotten all of the symbols and the lightning bolt had somehow disappeared out of my inventory by the time I got to the elevator.
-2- I had exited the game last night and didn't go back this morning until after I'd read the reply on the board and now ALL of the round symbols are gone from where I'd placed 4 in the elevator and the are NOT back in my inventory. They are completely missing. And retracing my steps shows that they are not waiting in the locations where they were originally gotten.

At best, I'll have to create a new profile, go back in and replay the game. At worst, I'll get to this point and have the same difficulty again. The main point is that once an item of any nature is placed in the player's inventory, it should remain there until it can be used. If the game is exited before completion of a task, either it should be saving the last frame in which some symbols had been placed, or the symbols should be returning to inventory to wait until the next time the game is begun.

Zoolady
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Zoolady on Apr 16, 11 11:41 AM
Cr1s wrote:The game doens't keep in memory my progress. Every time I close the game and re-open it, I have to start all over again because my profile disappeared. This is really frustrating.
What am I doing wrong?

I had the same thing happen. First played as "Guest" and it didn't save, then played as me (added player at the top of the opening screen) and it didn't save.

I was so close to purchasing but think I will wait until the regular edition comes out and see if that one saves.

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by lipstick21 on Apr 16, 11 12:05 PM
Same problem as someone else. Cursor locked and frozen at the end of the game in the room with the Doctor. Didn't complete floor puzzle - had to leave game - upon return my cursor won't move.

Really frustrating. Can't complete game and play the bonus adventure,

[Post New]by packrat11 on Apr 16, 11 2:15 PM
The game dumps my profile after I exit. When I restart there is only the "Guest" profile available. I've removed and re-installed . . . didn't fix the problem

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by spritegirl on Apr 16, 11 4:41 PM
lipstick21 wrote:Same problem as someone else. Cursor locked and frozen at the end of the game in the room with the Doctor. Didn't complete floor puzzle - had to leave game - upon return my cursor won't move.

I am having the frozen cursor as well however I am having it in the bonus adventure. The only way I can even get out is to bring up task manager to end it.

Frustrating because I don't want to replay the game to try the bonud game again!

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Quailridge on Apr 16, 11 5:02 PM

I am having the same issue. I hate when this happens.

Just fyi. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, did the disk permission repair, made sure all software up to date, restarted, reinstalled the game and it still flips to "play again" rather than opening. I have requested a refund. All the other games work so feel it is a glitch in the Mac version.

Sue.

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by tiffer0118 on Apr 16, 11 5:07 PM
Quailridge wrote:
I am having the same issue. I hate when this happens.

Just fyi. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, did the disk permission repair, made sure all software up to date, restarted, reinstalled the game and it still flips to "play again" rather than opening. I have requested a refund. All the other games work so feel it is a glitch in the Mac version.

Sue.

Thanks Sue, I requested a refund as well.

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Apr 16, 11 6:19 PM
I have had the same problem in the beginning of the bonus section. I have rebooted and uninstall/reinstaledl. Very discoureaged. I give up.

Edited on 04/16/2011 at 6:26:09 PM PST

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Apr 16, 11 6:39 PM
This game seems to have several occasional glitches. I played the trial and had no problems. I purchased and finished playing to the final puzzle in chapter 6 (end of the game) when my cursor froze while I was moving the colored lights.

I uninstalled and reinstalled….nothing. I rebooted my computer and nothing again. In addition I now had a new problem. The game wouldn’t start. When I clicked start again it said that another game was running. The only way I could get it to start was to use Task Manager because there were 2 Anomalies processes running. 1 big process and 1 small process. I had to end the small one. The game would then start but my cursor was still frozen.

I finally decided to change my profile and start over. The cursor would lock up for anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes throughout the game. Could only take that for a short while so I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Still had the same problems.

All of a sudden I received the following message:

“Windows – Corrupt File. The file or directory C:/WINDOWS/Prefetch is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.”

I ran chkdsk utility. Still had the same problems. I finally found the Windows/Prefetch files and deleted them after uninstalling the game. I reinstalled the game and everything worked perfect!….WA-LAH! until…..

I was at the beginning of the bonus round and my cursor froze again at the gear mini-game. I exited out of the game and went back in. Still froze. I uninstalled and reinstalled and I wasn’t froze anymore but the gears were gone! The game let me skip the mini-game which is all I could do since I didn’t have any gears to place. I went on a little further when I realized that a purple medal I found earlier was no longer in my inventory. I went back to where a found it but no luck. Can’t get it again. I am sure I will need it later in the game. That means I have to start all over again!

I really love this game, but I would just like to finish it once. I am a slow player and it is tedious to start at the beginning again. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Apr 17, 11 7:50 AM
spritegirl wrote:
lipstick21 wrote:Same problem as someone else. Cursor locked and frozen at the end of the game in the room with the Doctor. Didn't complete floor puzzle - had to leave game - upon return my cursor won't move.

I am having the frozen cursor as well however I am having it in the bonus adventure. The only way I can even get out is to bring up task manager to end it.

Frustrating because I don't want to replay the game to try the bonud game again!

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Apr 17, 11 7:52 AM
Frozen curser here too! This is ridiculous. I don't want to restart the play. Why is BF not addressing this issue????

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Apr 17, 11 9:07 AM
I am having the same trouble as MeMeMew. In the last scene, curser freezes, the whole game freezes. I have had to hard shut down twice, and the same thing. I am so disappointed. Fourteen dollars down the drain, as I can't even finish the game.

[Post New]by joannber2c on Apr 17, 11 9:16 AM
EmmaLynne wrote:I had one minor tech issues with the pipes game... I picked up one of the pipes and when I tried to place it, I couldn't... I couldn't put it down, I couldn't click on another pipe, I couldn't exit the puzzle. Eventually what I did was hit the windows button which took my to my desktop and I could exit the game that way. When I restarted, everything was fine and I was able to finish the puzzle. Perhaps it was just me...

The same thing happened to me. It must be a hitch in the giddyup.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 17, 11 5:40 PM
saadia60 wrote:Frozen curser here too! This is ridiculous. I don't want to restart the play. Why is BF not addressing this issue????

TO ALL FOLKS WITH FROZEN CURSOR PROBLEMS:

Please contact BFG Tech Support directly to let them know of this issue. It is the fastest way to inform them and if they receive enough complaints they can then inform the developer who may be able to start working on a fix!

You can use the green envelope to the right of these posts to contact tech support. I'm sorry to hear about all you folks having this trouble.

[Post New]by rhicks54 on Apr 18, 11 4:10 AM
I'm having problems with the telephone to activate the elevator. I get t the werewolf chapter then go to the telephone as stated in the strategy guide. When I try to enter the code a message keeps coming up "This looks like a regular phone but you need a code to operate it." I have the code, but it won't let me enter it. I have even tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, but the same thing keeps happening. How do I enter the code??? Please help.

Edited on 04/18/2011 at 4:12:41 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Apr 18, 11 1:57 PM
I also had a problem in the bonus game, with the cursor sticking. I finally got through the game. I was not using the custom cursor. I will try it next time. Maybe it will work out better. Great Game. Thank you BFG.

[Post New]by iamsheesh on Apr 18, 11 11:21 PM
Same issue with the pipes...I am trying the trial version. The game is almost complete but my cursor is stuck to the pipe and won't let it go. I have exited the game and went back to it...same problem. Very frustrating. On to another one I guess : (

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Apr 19, 11 10:02 PM
I had the same problem with completing the final puzzle in the main part of the game and nothing happening. My cursor didn't freeze. I could still go anywhere in the game, but nothing happened. I had to close and reopen the game for the final cut scene to play. Haven't played the bonus yet.

[Post New]by corrmom87 on Apr 21, 11 8:03 AM
I am having the same problem - the frozen cursor at the end and can't finish the game. Is there going to be a fix or what?

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 8:04:32 AM PST

[Post New]by yellen on Apr 21, 11 5:09 PM
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM AS MEMEMEW

IS THERE A FIX WTHOUT REPLAYING WHOLE GAME?

Go to: