yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Editio

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 15, 11 2:21 AM
I'm snatching up the game and looking forward to finishing it up over the weekend! I enjoyed the graphics and the story line is intriguing enough to keep me involved.

Cherb, I had something similar happen to me with the first HOG scene and it was so confusing!

cherbtoo wrote:

When you play a H0 scene in the garage there, in plain view are, at least 2 items that you know you need but when the scene has finished it won't let you get those items and just tells you that:

"Nothing else here looks useful" ...

so Devs here is a pair of glasses just for you.

.......... / /| ........................................................... / /|
......... / / | .......................................................... / / |
........ / / ........................................................... / /
....... / / ..................... ..................................... / /
...... / /____________ ........... ____________/ /
...... | ........................ |______| ...................... |
...... | ........................ |______| ...................... |
...... | ........................ | .......... |....................... |
...... |_____________| .......... |____________|......................

Only teasing , it's a good game .

Cherb

And BTW I also the glasses you made for the developers! ha ha ha! You have such a Rockin' sense of humor, lady! I just ya!
(((Hugs)))
~Shanny

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 6:26:27 AM PST

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by yve501 on Apr 15, 11 2:33 AM
Finished the demo in 45 mins. and I'm on the fence about this one, somehow it just did not grab me.
The hidden object scenes were nicely done, but I really struggled with the scene replacing objects. I honestly did not know what some of them would be used for. O.K I'm a thick old lady!
It annoyed me having to go to the menu for the walkthrough and it didn't keep your place. I thought games had developed beyond that.
Also I had collected 8/20 postcards which makes me wonder just how long this game is. I think I'll wait until someone has finished the game and can give insight into length and bonus game.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 15, 11 2:41 AM
I can only comment on the demo

I think the H0 scenes were the best part. They were not too easy and not too hard in my opinion. Goldilocks would've been happy. Also liked the special items to find in them.

The story itself so far reminded me somewhat of a Kevin Bacon movie. I won't say which one. The story cut scenes were rather lackluster but the cut scenes while playing I found very intriguing.

I don't think that I'm up to Advanced mode which has no sparkles so I played Regular mode. The action/item sparkles hit me immediately and all at once. I would have preferred some amount of delay.

The mini games were abundant and also easy. They were presented well but, I don't think that I ran into anything completely original. Because of this and the sparkles, I completed the whole demo with 24min left to the hour. Used 1 hint. Skipped nothing.

I agree with many of the other good points mentioned so won't duplicate other poster's efforts. It is a very good game in many ways. I'm still undecided on it. Looking forward to everyone else's experiences first.

edited because Mr Bacon makes movies, not moves.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 2:45:46 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 15, 11 2:46 AM
It's a no buy for me. I didn't buy Green Hills either (all those tentacles!!). I'm sure it's a very good game, but I found it all so ludicrous - I am investigating a loonie bin so I think I'll embroider a heart and paint a cat black. LOL!!

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 15, 11 2:50 AM
yve501 wrote:
The hidden object scenes were nicely done, but I really struggled with the scene replacing objects. I honestly did not know what some of them would be used for...

I know what you mean. I had the same problem until I discovered that hovering the mouse over the object in inventory showed a label of what it was.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 15, 11 3:18 AM
AvgSpock wrote:I can only comment on the demo
I think the H0 scenes were the best part. They were not too easy and not too hard in my opinion. Goldilocks would've been happy. Also liked the special items to find in them.
The story itself so far reminded me somewhat of a Kevin Bacon movie. I won't say which one. The story cut scenes were rather lackluster but the cut scenes while playing I found very intriguing.
I don't think that I'm up to Advanced mode which has no sparkles so I played Regular mode. The action/item sparkles hit me immediately and all at once. I would have preferred some amount of delay.
The mini games were abundant and also easy. They were presented well but, I don't think that I ran into anything completely original. Because of this and the sparkles, I completed the whole demo with 24min left to the hour. Used 1 hint. Skipped nothing.
I agree with many of the other good points mentioned so won't duplicate other poster's efforts. It is a very good game in many ways. I'm still undecided on it. Looking forward to everyone else's experiences first.
edited because Mr Bacon makes movies, not moves.

Hi, can you tell me where you ended up after 36 minutes? I am a slow player and think that I played for an hour. So, I do not know if It only gave me an hour or a sample> Does that make sense? Thank you in advance.
ETA to change timings

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 3:33:05 AM PST

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 15, 11 3:26 AM
peglegann wrote:
Hi, can you tell me where you ended up after 24 minutes? I am a slow player and think that I played for an hour. So, I do not know if It only gave me an hour or a sample> Does that make sense? Thank you in advance.

Hi pegleann,
when it ended it said to me thank your for playing the demo/sample and then went through a series of peek scenes for the rest of the game. My game mgr said that I had 24min left in my trial hour because it was a sample trial not an hr. trial. This means that it took me 36min to finish the sample.

on the BF download page it says: Play the FREE sample version

also highlight below:

I think I had just gone upstairs after turning on lights. Not sure what order things happened in now.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 3:29:04 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 15, 11 3:30 AM
Yes, thank you AvgSpock I know it was a sample but somewhere along the line, a fishie said, in the past, that if you are a slow player you still only got the hour, which is why I was asking you where you got to.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 15, 11 3:35 AM
orijojo wrote:I agree with all the positive comments, ie., good graphics, plenty of places to investigate, similarity to Green Hills. But I don't think it is a good as Green Hills, it's too easy, I prefer a challenge, picking up an item in scene one to use in scene 2 isn't a challenge for me and for the hour trial, I found everything just a little too convenient, and the puzzles too obvious.

Maybe it gets harder as the game progresses, if it does can someone let me know as I have finished the entire hour. Otherwise I will wait for the S/E $14.99 is too much to pay for a walk through the old hospital.

Is Orneon a German games developer? I noticed that the cross and star in one of the hidden object scenes were distinctly German, and one of the poster on the wall had a German Salute.

Jo

Orneon seems to have a Ukrainian headquarters. Orneon developed the "Echoes of the Past" HOGs as well...

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 15, 11 3:37 AM
ok, peglegann,

hope you caught my spoiler highlight. It's the best that I can remember happened last. I played awhile ago.

edited: That does it! I'm tiring my fypist!

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 3:53:08 AM PST

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Mirinah on Apr 15, 11 4:04 AM
Due to the subject of human torture and a shortcut of a goat's head pentagram, this one is to be avoided at all costs.

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 3:24:56 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 15, 11 4:10 AM
peglegann wrote:Yes, thank you AvgSpock I know it was a sample but somewhere along the line, a fishie said, in the past, that if you are a slow player you still only got the hour, which is why I was asking you where you got to.

Skipped the wire game, otherwise didn't skip a thing, used one hint and got as far as "seeing" the invisible man. I'm a slow player.
Obviously I had to buy it, even though I beta tested F.A.C.E.S and know that I will buy it, that it will be another CE and that it takes place in another hospital/sanatorium. This game has good graphics, reminds me a lot of Green Hills Sanatorium, a little less creepy may be. Played easy mode. Mini games quite easy, H0 too. Really enjoyed the demo, not too scary and it didn't disturb me too much (war things, etc) as the creatures are pure fantasy. I know there were horrible experiments, especially during World War II, but...can I really associate Mengele to this game ? Hope not or I will get a really "mauvaise conscience" playing the game.........

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Apr 15, 11 4:14 AM
Haven't tried the game, just wanted to give a comment. As you know the CE includes extras and features that will not be in the regular edition of the game. So now the overview page lists no extras and the "exclusive" features as:

* Fantastic locations
* Terrifying creatures
* Explore haunted military hospitals!

Now does this mean the regular edition will not have locations, creatures and no hospital?

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 15, 11 4:17 AM
I have no problem with the content, if you can make it through Shutter Island and Redrum, you can certainly make it through this game. As long as they don't show too much graphic violence I'm good. I guess I'm a blood thirsty little heathen. I'm downloading now, but probably will not get to play until this evening when I get back from work. Can't take days off as a temp, cause I don't get paid.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 15, 11 4:20 AM
I played the demo as much as it would let me, i had time to keep playing but it booted me out of there with a thank you, lol..I am going to buy the game, the sounds was great, graphics was ok, This game will give me something to do this weekend, I have a good excuse to buy the game i am giving it to myself for a birthday present..I want feel bad shelling out 13.99..Thx BF and DEV's..Great Job!!!I am a slow player so i figure this will be me many hours of fun.. happy gaming fishes in the pond..

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Apr 15, 11 4:37 AM
Having read the comments already made, I wasn't sure about this one. I decided to try it though. The first H.O. scene was ok - light the lantern etc and the objects weren't too hard to find. I wandered around and found the second H.O., when the 'cap' turned out to look like the ones worn by prisoners in concentration camps I gave up.

It might turn out to a good game technically and I've no way of knowing if there turns out to be 'goodies' and 'baddies'. The subject matter so far as I saw is not going to be fun or entertaining. I like being frightened by a spooky game, but not being upset by the subject.

No poppy points on this one.

Edited to include a work I'd missed out.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 4:42:45 AM PST

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Apr 15, 11 4:50 AM
I just yesterday got my internet back up and running after most of my electronics were fried when a neighbor's house was struck by lightening (laptops, TV, and DVR were fine, but just about all of the rest of our electronics...internet modem, router, phone modem, 3 phones, an old desktop, the garage door opener, and a few other items were completely and totally roasted), so what happens when I start playing this game in the middle of the night? More storms with more lightening and more wind damage. *sigh* On the upside, nothing else was damaged and the time and the storm really added to the spook factor on this one. On the downside, I think I wet my pants a couple of times. Well, anyway, on to the review.

What I Liked
Separate controls for music and sounds.
Voice overs NOT on the music track.
Gorgeous artwork, very appropriate for supposed time period.
All the scenes filled my 15.1" widescreen monitor without me having to fiddle with it.

Minor Annoyances
Some poor spelling/grammar, but I suppose that can be overlooked.
Tutorial's a bit confusing, but there's nothing very innovative about the controls, so that's no biggie.
The entries in the journal were, for the most part, written in such a way that it was obvious when you did things differently than they wanted you to. Sometimes, this was just annoying, but sometimes, it gave away something that you were intended to have figured out on your own.
Some of the character's one liners to himself were stupid. For example, by the time I got to the garage, I had already met Mr. Kilowatt and Mr. Tall, Dark, and Very Hairy, but when I clicked on the window where there was a shadow lurking, the character makes some stupid remark about having to be careful because he gets the sense he's being watched. Umm, dude...you just about got zapped by the 2 Million Volt Man then you surprised Cujo's crazier semi-human uncle in the garage. I seriously doubt a "sense of being watched" is your biggest problem here.

What I Hated
Um, not a darned thing!!!

Will I Buy It?
Oh, you betcha!!! Just waiting on hubby to walk out the door so I can get it bought without him noticing. (Normally my purchases are not an issue, but he's spazzing over the taxes, which are due in 3 days, and until that burden's gone, I'm not waving it in his face that I'm spending ANYTHING.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go move all the clocks forward an hour so my husband will leave sooner...

S.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 15, 11 5:01 AM
I know I am going to love this game, but I can understand that for some fishies, the subject matter will be too disturbing - especially those with personal experiences during that time period. Even more than half a century later, it's a hot-button issue for many people, and I understand and respect that.

I can't really add to the excellant reviews so far. I don't care for having to exit the game to the main menu to access the Strategy Guide, and I really don't like that it can't be bothered to keep track of where I left off. The hint takes one minute to recharge, but it works in areas besides the hidden object scenes, so that should cut down on the number of times that I need to exit the game to get at the SG and find my page again.

The graphics do remind me of Green Hills Sanitarium and the MCF series, well-drawn but not photo-realistic. I was a bit surprised to see one of the reviews state that the graphics were "fuzzy" while most said they were crisp and clear, and I think this is more an impression of the artistic style of the drawings. I felt they were very sharp and clear.

So I'm off to buy this one, and I was also pleasantly surprised at the sale this weekend for the regularly priced games! I figured if we saw one at all, it would be next weekend for Easter. Luckily for me, I spent too much time this week re-reading a book series, so I have a nice stack of games that I was planning on using my credits on this weekend - I guess I'll save them now and get them at the sale price instead!! Thanks BFG!!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 15, 11 5:05 AM
Stariannah wrote:I j

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go move all the clocks forward an hour so my husband will leave sooner...

S.

ROFL, you sound as bad as me.

Not that hubby would mind, it;s just that I buy the games on my personal credit card, that he pays for . He has no probs with me spending on groceries etc, so why upset him with a few quality games from BF

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Apr 15, 11 5:11 AM
It is a buy buy buy. Wish they were all like this. See that some dont like the plot. It is a game and no less scary than a lot of films that you see on TV. Hope the length of it is good but then that remains to be seen unless any of you out there have already finished it. I will probably be straining my eyes of their last drop for the HOG irrespective of the time it is tonight. Get more like this pls BFG

Go to: