Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

GAME MAKERS BE AWARE OF THIS

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Apr 15, 11 5:35 PM
Ok once again have to list my major reason I did not even play out the game. I see I am not the only one with this complaint over and over again I see other people have it to. Give us an option to turn of those draggy draggy slow custom cursors and let us use our own if you would please. I used to buy the game and just deal with it but not anymore. I am older and I would hope wiser now. Just the fact that you do not give me the option to turn it off when I want to if it wont play correctly with it (very few games do but there are acctually some out there) makes me a "NO SALE" once again . And I buy about five games a week or I should say used too. Lot of the games coming out recently have this same issue. You would think they would smarten up.

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spring Bonus

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Apr 15, 11 5:38 PM
@Peace1369: Sorry to hear the cursor is giving you issues. It was on my to do list to offer the option to turn it off along with a bunch of other things that just didn't make it into the final version due to time constraints. I'll try to add it to a future update, keep an eye out for it.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Apr 15, 11 6:06 PM
I bought this game.. it is a very nice relaxing game for this senior..lol...it's a nice break from some of the other games and i love the M3 games ...

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 15, 11 7:56 PM
I've been waiting/looking for other games by the developers of Unwell Mel. Unwell Mel has been the best M3 game I've played. Now that I know this game is by the same developers, I just have to buy. I agree with others who "thought not to down load" because it looked too cute. But I've learned that "cute" does not always mean easy. Unwell Mel was a good example. I'm off to buy since I've already become addicted to playing the game.

* Interesting and very different types of power-ups
* I've played 21 levels before demo time was up, game seems to get harder as you play
* I rarely listen to music, so I can't comment
*Relaxing and enjoyable play

out of 5. I will check back in after more play.

Good gaming!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 16, 11 9:33 PM
I too bought this game...had an hour or so to play and didn't want to get involved in anything deeper. I have to say this cute game is addictive. I started playing it again after finishing up the bounus game on Mystic Agency, and I have been saying to myself, "Ok, last round and I quit". Dang it I kept hitting "continue and play" and have been on it for the past few hours. It gets a bit more challenging but not to the point of frustration, and it varies the play enough to keep me interested. It is quite satisfying. What a nice surprise of a game...and that is what it should have named...Spring Surprise

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Apr 17, 11 2:16 PM
A very cute Match 3 game. Pretty, pastel, spring colors with chicks, bunnies, eggs, nests. Nice, bright music in the background. As you move through the game, you move through the countryside on the background.

I also like the fact that the game developer has taken the time to come into the forum and respond to folks' posts.

If you like Match 3, I'd highly recommend Spring Bonus to you. I'm sure that I'll add it to my collection.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Apr 17, 11 5:53 PM
Just finished the game & enjoyed every minute of it! It was a special Spring bonus for my weekend fighting a cold!

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Apr 20, 11 1:50 PM
vezzettj wrote:Definately the cutest game I've come across in a while! There are a ton of bonuses and even the "blocks" like ice and snow are all themed to spring and can be melted by the sun! And the birds and clovers and thunderstorms... all the bonuses are just so ... fitting! I also really appreciate that if you don't use the "rainbow charge" to make your bonuses more powerful it carries over to the next level. There really is no reason to "save it up" just use it for triple bonus effectiveness (approximately).

My only complaint is, as another fishie noticed, that you can't choose which wallpaper to use. It looks like you can only choose the level you are on... I'd like to see a selection (maybe from the main menu) to cycle through and choose one from the locations you've unlocked. Granted, the wallpapers do look VERY much like the locations on the map (i.e. if you see a barn on the map, that is probably where the barn wallpaper is!)...I haven't tried to go back and replay any level yet so maybe it isn't too much of a problem.

Oh and I LOVE that you can turn off the timer without having to start over. I always play timed but there has been occasion where, after the 10th time you fail a level where the timer just gets annoying! (not that that has ever happened to me! lol).

I came here to look for help on level 98. I couldn't get past it. Until I read your post about turning off the timer. (Duh!) I'm glad I looked here. I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to get past this level. THANK YOU!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,554 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Apr 21, 11 11:05 PM
I don't believe it!! I generally do not like M3 games. Mostly because they are timed and tend to stress me out. This is a lovely little game!!! It's relaxing because I don't feel the need to rush, The colors are so bright and vibrant, I actually bought this one. It's a refreshing break from the dark and dismal games released lately. I have no regrets getting this. Thanks and thanks much to the Dev GreyAlienGames!!

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Apr 24, 11 11:28 AM
I'm not much on match 3 games but if Grey Alien makes it, I want it. Fairway Solitaire is a game that I have played repeatedly! And its always fun so I'm looking forward to this game too. Thanks Grey Alien and Big Fish!!

cadofe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by cadofe on Apr 27, 11 3:05 PM
so if i am reading right there is no way to pass level 98 with the timer on?????? I wanted to complete the game the right way. I have tried since day 3 of its being release to get past that level.

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Apr 28, 11 9:31 AM
I'm so glad that you all like the game and my other games too, thanks!

@cadofe: Sorry you are stuck on level 98. It is possible to get past that level with the timer, you just have to be *really* fast. You have 240 seconds to make 200 matched items, so that's just over 1 second per matched item - of course you normally match 3 or more at a time so that means you need to make a match-3 every 3 seconds, and your matches must be focused in areas where there is ice. It is supposed to be tough because it's near the end of the game, but there's no shame in using untimed mode; I made sure it was easy to switch the toggle the timer on the map screen for people who got stuck. Good luck!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Apr 30, 11 9:59 AM
This game is so sweet I am sure I will have cavities. Too cute. An enjoyable M3 with a variety of specials. Loved it!

This game is an A.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,833 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 30, 11 11:57 PM
Love this adorable game I have other GreyAlien games and have really enjoyed them all. I don't know how I missed this before Easter, but I regret not seeing it sooner, my bad I could have been playing for weeks! I have had no Tech problems with this game, even the custom cursor is behaving well. Though I do prefer to have a choice of cursor because so many do not! Need I add that this is a definite buy for me? Thanks GreyAlienGames for this one and all the others, and, thanks to for bringing it to the pond. To all the fishies for the great reviews and comments, Thank you
ps always nice to see the DEVS in the Pond

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on May 17, 11 2:32 PM
We released an update on BFG which includes reduced mouse lag in full-screen mode and also the option to turn off the custom-cursor. Hopefully this will mean that players who weren't able to play if before can check it out now :-)

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,475 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jul 11, 11 1:41 PM
This M-3 celebrating Spring is perfect!

It just made me feel good when I started playing. I think it's perfect for "kids" of all ages, even those of us with AARP cards .

Relaxed mode can be checked/unchecked, level to level -- no need to start whole new profile to change it. From what I've read about level 98, once I get there, I'll be really happy to switch to Relaxed.

I'll wait to play it all the way through til next Spring -- already planning my perfect excuse to put off 2012 Spring Cleaning. Now, back to my unfinished IHOGS, building games, and other M-3's.

Edited on 07/11/2011 at 7:21:48 PM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 9:53 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by PotionLover on May 27, 12 10:24 PM
OK this game is redonkulously cute!! I just love it!! The graphics are wonderful, bright and springlike and cheerful and just irresistible.

As far as gameplay, don't let the cuteness fool you -- I am playing it in timed mode and as you progress, the levels can definitely get challenging. I'm no expert at Match3 by any means, so those with advanced skills might not like this -- all the same, the difficulty came pretty early in. At the same time, you can play relaxed mode if you just want to enjoy the game without time pressure, or if kids are playing.

Didn't mind the tips and reminders at all, I didn't find them intrusive. This game is so much fun I could barely stop playing it and am so glad I bought it! Will definitely come back to it again once I'm finished.

Go to: