Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 18, 11 7:04 AM
Decent game. Graphic are crisp and clear. I like the puppy. It's not quite a straight H0 game, interactive would be the best description. Hints recharge at a decent pace, but if you're impatient you can find treats to pep your pup right up. Note-I don't consider that a spoiler because it's in the tutorial. I never played the first-don't remember why so I can'tr compare to the first. Not a bad little game. I probably won't buy though as I've already spent my budget & there's still a game that's been out that I want to get. I did not have any problems at all in either downloading or playing the game. Have fun, Y'all!

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Apr 18, 11 8:19 AM
I love this game
any game that you can pick and dress up your puppy is my kind of game.
alot to accomplish to complete a level...i love the fact that only the highlighted objects can be found where you happen to be in that scene..
things to look in tents, bowls, baskets...etc..etc....and little mini games all in one ..
ty for this one today..
guess i'll have to finish taxes later cuz i can't seem to stop playing

definetely a buy for me
give it a try

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 18, 11 8:29 AM
Wish I could have gotten this on the sale, but I will use a
credit on it. Enjoyed the first one and played it a few times.
So happy to have a new one. This is the type of game I
keep on my desktop when I need a break from the more
challenging IHOGs and H0/Adventures.

Also good for those mornings when depression is trying to
set in and I need bright, light and cheerful to break the mood.

Liked that I could choose my own puppy, my little Rotweiler
is named Zeus after the sweet Rotty who used to live next
door.

Oops, this turned into more of a comment than a review, but
this is a really good game for the type it set out to be.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 18, 11 8:55 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Oops, this turned into more of a comment than a review, but
this is a really good game for the type it set out to be.

Hey Joyce--The thread is "Comments" and Reviews--bless your heart for your "Comments"! Didn't know there was any such pooch as a "little" Rottweiler! Well, which ever one you choose, they're adorable!

Too bad it wasn't offered yesterday--we could've saved a couple of !

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 18, 11 2:03 PM
This is a good straight-forward hog. I have bought and finished the first Antique game, but have never replayed it. I don`t buy the second game, because its to similar compare to the first game. No buy

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 18, 11 3:11 PM
I liked the first Antique Road Trip better. I played the trial for about ten minutes and quit. I played in the un-timed mode and in the very first HOG scene, while trying to find items I was repeatedly interrupted with a reminder that the I could click on the puppy for a hint and the screen would darken a bit making things difficult to see. That was temporary but it repeated too often and I just got frustrated. I mean, if I need a hint I'll use one. I KNOW clicking the puppy gives hints. I don't need to be constantly reminded. Otherwise, the game is really colorful and the graphics are very nice. Sorry, but this one isn't for me.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 18, 11 3:15 PM
I liked this game enough to buy it. Light hearted fun, not too much brain power needed. Liked this better than the first one too.
Loved the puzzles. Nothing too difficult, but enough to get the grey matter working.
Love dark, spooky games more...but a bit of light entertainment makes a welcome break!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 18, 11 3:48 PM
I almost passed this one up, because I didn't care for the first one that much. I played the whole demo on the first, but didn't buy - it was OK, but nothing special to me.

This one is certainly an "upgrade." More interesting, lots to do, lots of locations.

And yes, I know grandparents just like that - "please come to visit - now leave the grandkid and here's a list of chores. We really just invited you because they wouldn't let the kid travel alone...." Just kidding, of course, but you know grandparents and those babies! The parents are just peripheral until the novelty wears off, usually when the grandkids are about 18 or so....

[Post New]by live2tivo on Apr 18, 11 4:15 PM
I loved the first one, so this was an automatic buy from me. It's relaxing and it isn't cluttered with too much story/creepiness. (Not that I mind the creepy games, but it's nice to play a HOG where I'm not being stalked by ghosts or am in danger of dying all the time. And Yardsale Hidden Treasures doesn't work with Windows 7, so I'm always on the lookout for cheerful HOGs.)

From a technical aspect, all of the items are clearly visible and I love the scenes w/i a scene feature. It adds another level to it. (Also, the dog is cute.) The music is a tad repetitive, but I don't usually play with the sound on, so it doesn't really bother me.

My biggest complaint with this game is that it's SHORT! I finished in under three hours. While there are more locations than the last ART, it doesn't really feel that way, because they're all grouped into three locations and many of the mini games from the first ART are integrated into the hidden object levels. I assumed more locations would be unlocked, but that was sadly not the case. I could have kept playing for hours.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 18, 11 4:49 PM
LOL Sinshack, didn't think of the grandparent's angle since I don't have kids or grands. I guess each family has the right to disfunction without rationale.

@ Itsupikachu Too bad about those interruptions. Maybe that happens in the tutorial which can be deselected if you want to try again. I know how much you (and I) wait for uplifting family fun games. Not that I can figure out this family though LOL. I guess the more we can overlook that bugs us the more games we can find for some lightheared fun, this seems to be one for me.

My main problem playing the first one to the end was revisiting same locations over and over and started wishing it would end. So, if this has fewer I don't mind. The lists do change on repeats. But I never had an urge to replay the first one, too long and repetitious.

I just wish there were more games hunting for real antiques. Antiques Roadshow was close but so many glitches and freezeups I couldn't play it. At least it gave info/history about items. Well, generational thing I guess, young ones think anything made before they were born is an antique. Collectible maybe. Nit picking again, sorry, but at 74 that makes me feel old when I'm still using something seems I just bought yesterday

I do like the vintage graphics they used in mini games, advertising etc, nice flavor.

It is a fun game, better than first so just ignore me...scroll on....

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 18, 11 5:24 PM
Really liked the first ART game. This one is better and has very different and interesting games to play. Love the puppy. Music is the same as the first game. Is it me, or do the people look different as well? Like this one, so am going to purchase.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Apr 18, 11 5:56 PM
I enjoyed this game just like I did with the first one. The thing that I really find amusing/strange is - like others have mentioned - the odd way you are selling (or stealing?) things at the places you're visiting.

I mean - to me, it looks like she visits places she likes, like the lake with the plane, the camp site with the teepee, or the homely kitchen - when those LIVING THERE are not at home. Then she rummages through their cupboards, drawers, bags, safes etc, and quickly invites a throng of people over and SELLS off the poor inhabitants' stuff to these customers - and gets out BEFORE those who LIVE there returns. The money she's earned by selling this "stolen" goods, she uses to furnish her parents' shop... at least this is how it looks. Weird!!

She sometimes mentions something about enjoying travelling around to BUY things for her shop, but she isn't buying at those places, she's SELLING! On the contrary - to get any merchandise for her own/her parents' shop, we has to buy them later from the "upgrade shop" with the money she earns by selling the stolen things...?

This concept seems really weird, and although the game is enjoyable, I'd really appreciate someone explaining how she can run around SELLING stuff from every place she visits? ... because we never see her meeting any inhabitants/owners at those places she visits, who ASKS her to sell off things from their homes for them.....

Edited on 04/18/2011 at 5:59:31 PM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 18, 11 6:57 PM
I played the first Antique Road Trip game because I saw a mention of it in the threads. I wasn't sure that I would like it - not being an antique-hunting type of person - but the game surprised me because it was such a nice change of pace. Nothing spooky, the scenes are all well-lit and well-colored. I liked the shop-decorating aspect and liked the HOG's. So I've been waiting for this sequel to show up.

I'm not disappointed. They kept the same framework but have given it some new twists. I'm enjoying the multiple puzzles and the fact that the hidden object scenes are interactive. I've bought way, way too many games this month, but I still had my monthly game credit and it immediately went for this one. I'm happy that I got it.

Coachswife
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Coachswife on Apr 18, 11 7:29 PM
bought it, because I had bought the first one, and I enjoyed this one also. I bought everything for the store that you could buy and still had over $8000.00 left, wish there had been more stuff to buy for the store

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 18, 11 8:20 PM
I just realized I mixed up the first ART with Antique Roadshow - I did like and buy trhe first Antique Road Trip, it was the Antique Roadshow that I didn't really care for.

Just wanted to clear that up!

I've got two of the locations done, one to go. I've probably played about 3 hours total so far, but I've been interrupted several times, so it's taken me several hours to get this far. I'll finish up in the morning!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 18, 11 8:58 PM
Thanks to puzzledone, I changed my mind about the game. Puzzledone suggested that the tutorial might be the reason for the game interruptions so I went back to the game and tried again and, yes, that was the problem. I think I will buy the game, after all. Thanks, puzzledone!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 18, 11 11:59 PM
Itsup , glad you tried again, hope you had enough demo time to get a feel for it, sounds like you did. That's so funny I thought of the tutorial because believe me, this is the first game I can think of that I didn't accept tutorial and easy first. Usually it is a waste of time on ihogs since they are all so alike. And, usually by the time I have to do that I've forgotten what I read upfront. Like M3s, who can remember all those powerups at once.

It wasn't til time was about out I went back and found Help on main page and I'd been tossing bones to my beagle when I didn't even need a hint, much less that fast. Have no idea how many hints I get. Pays to read these forums if not tutorials. Lots of things to do in this not in ART1 and changes, added features.

@ annatar Thanks for joining me in my story editing/development. Thought I was the only one confused about buying vs selling. I'd have put her at different flea markets turning over stuff to those customers (after stealthily swiping them from remote places alone). I'm used to these when investigators breaking and entering to find clues to a case (never caught either and charged), creative license. But this game definately needs a story editor, writer to think this through. I think often that the writers on these projects are the least paid, like story or concept is incidental. Here we have to play like it really is and just hunt and sell, whatever, and enjoy the puzzles. Well, the whole game is a puzzle to me cuz I TRY to think logically. Let's say WE. May be funner if we are at auctions and those customers are bidding and making offers and deals.

oldwife7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by oldwife7 on Apr 19, 11 2:10 AM
I have'nt even tried it, bought it straight away loved the first one,it maybe it is simple but everything does'nt have to be dark & thoughtful, just fun sometimes.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Apr 19, 11 4:29 AM
I quite liked this game. I thought it was better than the first one. Probably not a buy for me though.

[Post New]by liberated0805 on Apr 19, 11 6:24 AM
I disagree-items hard to find and it is boring. No buy for me

Go to: