Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Avalon Legends Solitaire

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Apr 19, 11 6:39 PM
dewieee wrote:Does the flashing of the cards to show you what to do ever stop? I don't like hand holding and I feel like this game does that.

At the beginning, when it's giving you the instructions for play, there is a box that says " highlight cards to be played for the first 3 levels". You would have had to un-tick that box to totally eliminate the "helping hand" .

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Apr 19, 11 6:51 PM
I'll be purchasing this game. Tripeaks is one of my favorite solitaire games to just relax too. I like to also come up with my own spreads when playing other than the traditional 3 peaks, and I like the spin on this one with the ice and rocks, etc. The story hasn't really did anything for me so far...but if you're looking for a break from your normal game genre or just a relaxing game to unwind to, I'd give this one a go.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Apr 19, 11 8:49 PM
Tripeaks is one of my very favorite solitaire games and this was a "buy" for me. I play this constantly on my Nintendo DSi XL and now I can play on an even bigger screen with new and exciting features. I can't say enough good things about this game and it's a game I will play over and over.

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Apr 19, 11 9:13 PM
I'm a die-hard IHOG gamer. But every once in a while I love a good solitaire game. But it has to be unique. And this one is a winner! This has a very similiar feel & game-play as Faerie Solitaire, which I liked very, very much, and still play to this day after buying almost 2 years ago! If you liked that game, or Fairway Solitaire, too (which I also purchased 2 years ago!), you'll probably like this one. And vice-versa. I would've liked just a tad bit more background music playing while I played but that's minor and I would still definitely highly recommend this for solitaire fans looking for something simple, relaxing & fun. I definitely give this a 4.5 outta 5. Well done devs! A definite buy for me!

Edited on 04/20/2011 at 5:33:56 PM PST

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Apr 19, 11 11:27 PM
Another game that is as horribly addictive as Fairway Solitaire. o_O Makes a lovely change to all those HOG games that only last two or three hours.
Haven't tried that Tripeaks game that everyone is commenting about... Maybe I should, or not...?!?
Regardless it's nice to have a game that has lasting game play and replay value, there seem so few of them coming out these days.

Great game if you like these kind of games and a nice lil' story behind it.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 19, 11 11:34 PM
i played the first round all the way through and made my goal of 3000 points in the sixth hand... i never make the goals set in these games - no kidding, i am the worst player of these card games... so i don't have a large collection of these in my vault, but i liked the subdued tones of this game and felt absolutely no pressure to perform...

the scenes are so pretty and the fantasy theme is really carried through every part of it... the music is quiet and easy to listen to or tune out... and there's a free play option which i'm guessing would be great for practise - especially for someone like me

the comparisons to fairway and fairie solitaire are spot-on... but i think this one has the feel of "relax and let the world go by as you play" listed as priority #1... for an engaging and light hearted game of solitaire, give this one a try!

as for me, i'm taking my beginner's luck and walking!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 20, 11 1:48 AM
This game might be just too relaxing for me - I played the first level and got so tired (not bored though) that I went to bed at 9pm right during the Yankees game - totally out of character for me (I'm more of a go-to-bed-at-3am person). I liked the gameplay and agree that it's fun like Fairway Solitaire.

For those who want a single solitaire game that offers many versions of solitaire, I would recommend googling the game Solitaire City. I've had that software for years, transferring it from computer to computer, and I think it's one of the best games of its type out there. There are a number of card sets that you can download that are beautiful, and the developer offers a free program called Solitaire Setty that allows you to design and make your own decks for use with the program.

[Post New]by littlecaplin on Apr 20, 11 6:38 AM
love this game............addicting....myself and my 12 year old fought over the computer last night to play LOL!!!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 20, 11 9:06 AM
BFG has a game called "BVS Solitaire" it is nothing but ALL Solitaire
There are different ways of playing the game.

Some of them i knew how to play those that i have never played they give directions on how to play them.
I go and play this game when i need a relaxing games to play. I LOVE to learn how to play different types of solitaire....

Its regular price game

Happy Gaming
PEN

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 20, 11 3:30 PM
I have been looking for another Fairway Solitaire, but none of the new games measure up. Fairway is still the best...maybe a Fairway 2 with new locations and such? I have played that one so many times, I have run out of names to use for players. This one just didn't grab me and keep my attention. Not really any fun for me. No buy today.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 20, 11 3:31 PM
I have been looking for another Fairway Solitaire, but none of the new games measure up. Fairway is still the best...maybe a Fairway 2 with new locations and such? I have played that one so many times, I have run out of names to use for players. This one just didn't grab me and keep my attention. Not really any fun for me. No buy today.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 20, 11 3:34 PM
I have been looking for a new solitaire game, but none measure up to Fairway Solitaire. I am an avid HOG player, but I like solitaire for a change of pace. This one just didn't grab me and keep my attention....no fun for me. We need a Fairway 2 with new locations and such. No buy either.

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Apr 22, 11 4:08 AM
This is very good game. It was a buy for me. I can play it for long hours. The power ups are fun too, a lot of them.

Try the game, you won't regret it

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Apr 22, 11 5:23 AM
I'm guessing this is related to the Avalon game. I can't really even describe what genre that game was, but it is interesting that a game world would branch out into a different genre of game.

Here's the review I left on (game site removed by moderator):
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Better than: Gunslinger Solitaire, Soccer Cup Solitaire (which is actually not Solitaire but a Match 2 game).

Not as fun as: Fairway Solitaire, Fashion Solitaire.

I can't figure out WHY this isn't as fun as Fairway Solitaire; it mimics it in every respect. It even has it's own version of the water & sand traps, golf clubs, & the store. It doesn;t have the Aussie voice actors, but it does have much nicer graphics. Perhaps the overused fantasy theme just can't compete with turning the world's most boring sport into a fun card game. Maybe it's because there are no voices to praise you when you've done good or make fun of you when you've done bad. Maybe it's because it just seems less challenging somehow.

No Princess J, it's not a Dungeons & Dragons theme, If it was, there would be Orcs, Trolls, Kobolds, Zombies & Liches on the cards & we would be attacking them with swords. (That actually sounds more fun).

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 11:27:30 AM PST

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Apr 22, 11 8:11 AM

love having a card game in my game mgr. to play when i want to unwind
just like fairway solitaire ... objectives make it great and challenging ..
ty and happy easter all

jackinin
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jackinin on Apr 22, 11 8:52 AM
Love the game simular to Fairway,BUT is anyone else having probs with the cards doubleling up when you click them over,Its really getting on my nerves now

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 27, 11 11:00 AM
LikaLaruku wrote:
I can't figure out WHY this isn't as fun as Fairway Solitaire; it mimics it in every respect. It even has it's own version of the water & sand traps, golf clubs, & the store. It doesn;t have the Aussie voice actors, but it does have much nicer graphics. Perhaps the overused fantasy theme just can't compete with turning the world's most boring sport into a fun card game. Maybe it's because there are no voices to praise you when you've done good or make fun of you when you've done bad. Maybe it's because it just seems less challenging somehow.

I think that you've nailed the reasons why, for me anyway, I'm sitting on the fence about buying this game.

Fairway Solitaire just seems...crisper, for want of a better word....somehow.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 29, 11 10:32 AM
boring,boring,boring!you have to play again and again same levels,no help like in fairway solitaire where you can go back to win some clubs!and every time the goal not riched,all ten same solitaire to play and play again!i unistall it(alas,i bought it!!!!) and i download again my old fairway!

bkri1977
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bkri1977 on Apr 30, 11 4:30 PM
txredhead wrote: ATTENTION FAIRWAY SOLITAIRE lovers. This is the game you have been waiting for. I love Fairway Solitaire and have not found another solitaire game as challenging. This is it. It is beautiful, challenging and I did not even wait to finish my free trial before I bought it. I have other solitaire games that I enjoy, but I have played Fairway Solitaire over and over again and never tire of it. I think this one will be the same. Although it is not developed by the same developer as Fairway Solitaire, it is very very similiar.

Oh my goodness, yes! I'm so happy to have found this game! Fairway Solitaire remains my favorite game ever, so I'm always on the lookout for others like it. The minute I knew the game play was similar, I purchased Avalon Legends. Lots of fun, challenging, but also very calming.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on May 6, 11 6:39 AM
I have been wanting to play a fun solitaire game, so I tried this one and really like it. It helps to pass the time when our weather has not been nice, which is most of the time here in Mich. I even got my husband to play this game and he likes it too. I am on my last magic card so I am at the end of the game. I am having a hard time getting through the last level, but that is ok, I will get there and probably play the game again

Go to: