lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Apr 21, 11 5:46 PM
arkaussie wrote:I have windows Xp but the game won't even download. It gets to the saving file and is 100% but just won't finsih and finally shuts down.

I'm having the same problem....I bought the game. It gets to the saving file, but it won't get past that.
Laura

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 21, 11 6:50 PM
I was nearly done with game and my computer rebooted itself. I have XP and when I went back to continue a box came up and said "save game was corrupted" and made me start all over with new profile. I have not re-started. I already played and it is not as much fun to re-play these games. Something is definately wrong after reading the forums.

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 6:51:18 PM PST

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Apr 21, 11 7:03 PM
I have Windows XP 3rd Edition and just had a Dr. Felix evaluation done, for another game I was having problems with. The Dr. Felix report indicated that I needed to update my video card (which I promptly did), then went on to play THAT game without the slightest bit of difficulty.

I made it all the way through this game, however, starting about midway through the game, it became very slow, would "jiggle around" about every 10 seconds or so, and the "shaking/jiggling/jerking" would spontaneously stop, after 2-3 seconds, then start the whole regimen up again (every 10 seconds), for the remainder of the game.

As the same time that the jerking/shaking motions started, I began having increasing difficulties getting my cursor to stay in place, point at what I wanted it to point at, AND getting it to point backward (it would easily point to the left, right, and straight ahead, but became highly resistant to pointing backwards, which is the action required during nearly half of the game movements). Since I just ran a Dr. Felix check on it, I doubt that my computer is the problem (my earlier report stated everything on my computer was just dandy, except for needing the updating on my video card, when I took care of doing).

I wanted to finish this game so badly, I was determined to do so, even if it did take me twice as long to complete as it might have, otherwise. It was a MARVELOUS game and I really enjoyed it, though not the jerkiness of the scenes and my cursor's movements.

ysgol
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ysgol on Apr 22, 11 6:37 AM
I have played for 10 mins went to go out door and the game stops working. anybody having this problem?

bc54321
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bc54321 on Apr 22, 11 8:13 AM
GAME IS TOO SLOW THE CURSOR GOES BANANAS THEN WAITING THE FIRST 1 HR DID

NOT HAVE THESE GLITCHES IF SO I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED SAME. PLEASE FIX BC54321

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 22, 11 8:34 AM
It would be a huge help if everyone who is having problems contacted customer support. That way, they have a record of the problems and can contact the game developers with more specific information. You can contact customer support here: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/c/2805/r_id/109674

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Apr 22, 11 9:05 AM
This looks like a really great game but like many others I play on XP and this game just runs S L OO WWWW on my computer.
I am really really SAD.
It started out with great potential as well. I feel like someone has pinched my last chocolate. BOO HOO. PLEASE PLEASE BFG Try and fix this.
I WANT TO PLAY ( 54 year old baby)
LOL
Hazel

leboyd170
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by leboyd170 on Apr 22, 11 9:54 AM
Downloaded the trial version - game won't even open. It looks like it is trying to open, screen flashes black and then nothing, back to my desktop. Hopefully, they will post a new version, looks like a game I would be interested in if I could get it to work. Running Windows 7, all video drivers are up to date.

[Post New]by blesingspromise on Apr 22, 11 10:37 AM
I am so glad that I came to the forums and found that so many other people are having the same problems as I am.....slow...slow....on hidden objects and cursor has repetitious (?spelling) small movements in area where I choose my object but will not move anywhere else on the screen until after 2 minutes or so the hidden object finally records that the item was found. I am so disappointed. I was soooooo......looking forward to playing this game and now do not know what to do as the game was already purchased. I guess maybe I should have played the "try it" first before outright buying the game. I am going to contact customer support and hopefully if enough of us write to them with our complaints or problems with the game something can be done to correct the problems. Good Luck everyone and in the meantime, I will seek and search another game to play with much disappointment as I really know I would have enjoyed this game!

samfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by samfish on Apr 22, 11 1:30 PM
I did not get all 9 painting fragments, only 8, and the tassels will not free the box,with the ball, my game just stoped did anyone have this proplem???

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 22, 11 2:47 PM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like several of you are having troubles with a slow game or are having troubles with the game loading. Please first take a look at the troubleshooting steps outlined in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already done this and are still experiencing the same issues, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report (click here for instructions) and our reps can definitely assist you further. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 22, 11 2:59 PM
A few of us have already done that, myself included. According to the CSR, my graphics driver and Direct X were all up to date. She then asked me to take a look at msconfig to see if anything could be stopped that might be consuming RAM. I only had RAID event monitor and my antivirus running (Avira). Together, both consume less RAM than the BFG client and with 3 GB of RAM on XP, that should be plenty.

I also tried this game on our Windows 7 laptop (64 bit/8GB of RAM and the same light on resources antivirus program installed) and encountered the same problems.

The final verdict was to look around for another game what would play well with my computers.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 22, 11 9:41 PM
Well, too bad. This looks like a good game, but I am not able to even install it on my Vista. Tried three times to no avail. Lately, I've been having problems with the ERS games... either with download & install, or with slooooooww freezing like game play. I still can't get last weeks ERS to play now after the update. I should write to BF I guess.

I would try installing this on my MAC, hoping for better results, but I don't see that it is offered for the MAC OS. Oh well.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Apr 22, 11 9:45 PM
This is another CE that has to many technical issues. I didn't read the post for technical issues on Hallowed Legends: Samhain before I purchased the CE, and I am still waiting for those issues to be fixed. The standard editon of that game came out with the same problems that the CE has. I along with others really like ERS games, but I will not purchase this game until there has been an updated version released with the problems fixed. This game takes to long to change scenes, and it freezes. My computer is well up to date, so I know it is not my computer. Perhaps there are to many CE coming off the assembly line, or inspector 22 is not doing their job before these games are being released.

Edited on 04/22/2011 at 9:52:44 PM PST

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Apr 23, 11 5:26 AM
At the end of the bonus game, when all spheres are placed, the game crashes, i tried it three times So I can not finish the game.

jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on Apr 23, 11 9:28 AM
Anyone have the problem of the top third of the screen constantly flickering only when in full screen mode but not in windows mode?

Help please....

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Apr 23, 11 11:02 AM
Slooooow and the curses floats ( I will try to change the curses) , takes forever for the next scene. After 30 minuts I am still in the house. To bad seems like a good game and I use XP. Seems like I do have the slow and freeze up problems with most of the collector's Editions.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Apr 23, 11 11:12 AM
Disappointing. So sloooooooooooow. Just haven't made any progress. Thought this would be OK after struggling through Puppet Town which has so many slow spots.
Uninstalled it. Won't be bothering again.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Apr 23, 11 11:42 AM
Changing the curses did help the floating part. But everything is way to slow.
My PC is upto date, was checked by customer support about two other games. They send you a Felix fixit to see if your computer needs updating. They are a great help.
Mine is ok so it is not the pc.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Apr 24, 11 8:28 AM
I got as far as the ship wreck and the hog opened. Computer froze.i also had to CTL ALT DEL to get out.

Im really mad this looked good.

KD

Go to: