player_pat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Welcome to Fallen Shadows forum

[Post New]by player_pat on May 4, 11 12:47 PM
CassieHaze wrote:Just from playing the trial, I would not buy this game. It's slow and boring.

AGREED, 1000%! A friend loved this game, so instead of dl'ing it and trying it out myself, I took his word for it. --Never again! He must have been tokin' that wackyweed again! LOL

With this game, you're left in the lurches, it has ultra-TERRIBLE graphics, and TERRIBLY hidden, eeny-weeny objects (they're so small you need the Hubble Telescope to find them). It has the most TERRIBLE and confusing storyline -- and guess what? <ta ta da> A TERRIBLE ENDING! No, actually ... there is no ending! This game was Part 1 of—most likely—TERRIBLE GAME Part II.

The nerve of the developers of this game! They're actually trying to drag us through much more agony and expect us to pay another six-ninety-five to boot ... banking on their assumption that we’re even the slightest bit curious about the egnima of Grandpa, by the time our eyes need double-shots of eye drops?! Go figure ... DO WE ALL LOOK THAT STUPID??? tsk,tsk!

As for the game company and game designers, they're just more names to add to my “TERRIBLE GAME DEVELOPERS & DESIGNERS'” list! They should have named this mess "FALLEN SHORT!"

Murray4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Murray4 on May 8, 11 8:11 PM
Love ya BF, but this game is the pitts. I can't see to find any objects and when I use hint I don't recognise most of them. No walkthrough? No directions? Thank you for the hints or I would have quit long ago. No more of these please!
MLM

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on May 12, 11 3:03 PM
this is a disappointing game...got stuck in Grandpa's bedroom already...game is very slow and a lot of time is wasted on the black scenes that take forever to load...some parts are so dark it's impossible to see and I have to keep adjusting my graphics settings to compensate, it's a pain....many people seem to be disturbed by the theme, but most would not be disturbed by playing games set in WW1 or WW2, I'd bet...these are things that have happened, it's the past, the main theme of the game is New Orleans anyway

skhouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by skhouse on May 29, 11 11:54 AM
I would really like to try this game, but it is so full of bugs it is impossible to play. Once you get to the NOLA and Bourbon Street scene, it will go no further, just a black screen, then an ad for a sequel. Any fixes in the works here?

pinkfish23
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pinkfish23 on Jun 13, 11 8:58 PM
I just finished playing Fallen Shadows...I loved it. It was fun & happy. Can't wait to continue the saga. I really don't understand what all the fuss was about. I had no troubles. The things I needed to find I found. Granted it took a little while, but isn't that the point? To not rush through. I'm sorry for all the other people who had problems. I'm glad I was able to go from the testing thing to the actual game. That was special. So is this game.

Edited on 06/13/2011 at 9:01:20 PM PST

Religious Undertones – Fallen Shadow

[Post New]by Linguist451 on Jul 29, 11 11:55 AM
I was drawn to “Fallen Shadow” by the religious undertones that are currently found in New Orleans to this day. After the first free hour, I went ahead and signed up for the complete game because I sincerely wanted to know where it was going.

I was intrigued by the enigmatic music and alluring theme. I was wondering if anyone else was playing “Fallen Shadow” because of the spiritual elements within the game itself? I haven’t started playing the game yet – so please don’t spoil it for me however I did want to at least ask others their thoughts on how they interpreted this game in a spiritual sense.

Do you feel it is all Hollywood or do you really feel there is something else at work here in New Orleans? Open for comments and would love to hear you thoughts.

Thanks.

foxinsox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by foxinsox on Aug 25, 11 9:02 PM
I do agree with most of the feedback about tiny TINY objects and hard to see! But I'm pressing on anyway...

Until now - I'm through the portal and at the boat with the wheelchair; I have an urn, a lantern, and a chain. But for the life of me, I cannot find where I am supposed to hang this lantern...or anything tall enough to hang it from for that matter!

Any help on the horizon???

Thanks!

[Post New]by serpentine on Dec 5, 11 1:20 AM
kaggol wrote: cant move pictures on wall . i have all in place and one is missing .. cant get a hint or move on .. help

Picture is in the room on the right downstirs where wallpaper is torn

[Post New]by serpentine on Dec 5, 11 1:26 AM
foxinsox wrote:I do agree with most of the feedback about tiny TINY objects and hard to see! But I'm pressing on anyway...

Until now - I'm through the portal and at the boat with the wheelchair; I have an urn, a lantern, and a chain. But for the life of me, I cannot find where I am supposed to hang this lantern...or anything tall enough to hang it from for that matter!

Thanks!

go to the handicap section and put the magnifier on your task bar, and turn off the full screen button in options.

[Post New]by serpentine on Dec 5, 11 1:33 AM
kaggol wrote: cant move pictures on wall . i have all in place and one is missing .. cant get a hint or move on .. help

picture is in the room on the right downstairs where wallpaper is torn

[Post New]by serpentine on Dec 5, 11 1:38 AM
foxinsox wrote:I do agree with most of the feedback about tiny TINY objects and hard to see! But I'm pressing on anyway...

Thanks!

go to handicap section and pin the magnifier to your task bar. Then on you game go to options and turn off full screen.

[Post New]by serpentine on Dec 5, 11 2:36 AM
I am stuck at the safe. Code is 45-10-25,
You get a blue arrow for all 3 spaces if you touch the the first symbol shown on the paper, it is NE of the dial. PUT CURSER ON THE LEFT SIDE OF DIAL

The 2nd symbol is a 10 if you touch it, it clears your 45,. So the trick is put your curser on the right side and click till you get 10 in the 2nd space.

For the 3rd spot put your curser back on the left side and click till 25 comes into the 3rd spot.

if you touch the the turn handle it clears all the work you have done. Instead wait for SKIP to show up, touch it and it will open the safe!

I just now figured it out while writing this note.

For tiny pictures on any game, go to your windows handicap section and get the magnifier and pin it to your task bar.

There will probably not be a walkthrough because they want you to buy their STRATEGY GUIDE

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 2:45:05 AM PST

Go to: