Re:Technical issues

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Apr 23, 11 6:49 AM
When I tried to skip the opening dialog, the game got stuck in a loop for awhile, when I saw the graphics I was interested, but after it coming across on my computer as stiff and glitchy it is a no go for me. Delete.

pjp107
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by pjp107 on Apr 23, 11 7:04 AM
I got a chance to preview the game and it worked fine, but now that it is out it froze on me where grandpa comes in the stairway area. Just can't get any further. This of course causes me great disappointment and I hope BF gets it straightened out.

mimskers
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mimskers on Apr 23, 11 7:11 AM
I also am frozen up at the fountain. I was able to get dove ring. Now I cannot exit from the fountain. Any suggestions?

darksprires
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Apr 23, 11 7:20 AM
I played for five minutes before I gave up. The hidden object scenes are not working. I click on one and for a brief second, too quick to see anything, the search screen pops up and down again followed by the message that I have found everything in this location. The needed object is now in the inventory. I previewed this game and it wasn't behaving like this.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,346 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Apr 23, 11 7:34 AM
Freezing screen here too...........had to switch computer off to get out.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 23, 11 7:38 AM
Everything worked fine until I got to the safe back at the house. It let me put the combination in and then froze and bounced me out. I got this message (List index out of range). Running windows7 64 bit. Thank you very much. Have not seen that particular issue posted.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 23, 11 8:08 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm popping in to make this the official technical issues thread and also wanted to help you with the issues you're having with the game. If you are experiencing a jumpy cursor, a slow game or a game freeze, or the game is not loading properly, please check to see if an update is available for your computer (if you haven't already):

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you have gone through these steps, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report so that our reps can look into why the issue might be occurring. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:Post any Fallen Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by joyzebra on Apr 23, 11 8:15 AM
ditto to all issues. i have not been able to download and run one game all this week without a problem. i am about to quit BF.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Apr 23, 11 8:38 AM
Just played about 20 mins. of demo. Gameplay lags. Not just between scenes, but randomly. Also, odd that when I exit the game I'm returned to the BFG site page for the game. This doesn't cause any real problems. Just sort of odd that this happens.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 23, 11 9:47 AM
Thanks, my problem has been fixed. I hope the same for others.

graytori
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 23, 11 9:55 AM
I played and got to the point where you go to Bourbon Street I got key from bird and read newspaper and then game went back to beginning where you click on play. I clicked on play and it took me to Bourbon St again (mind you I have an urn and key I got from bird, in my inventory) and I had to get key from bird again and read paper again. I un-installed and re-installed game and it went to Bourbon St (same items in inventory) and had to pick up key and read paper for the third time and then game went back to beginning again. I am deleting this game. Not sure what is happening.

[Post New]by shadowsgrandpa on Apr 23, 11 9:58 AM
mimskers wrote:I also am frozen up at the fountain. I was able to get dove ring. Now I cannot exit from the fountain. Any suggestions?

spoiler alert

Install dove ring,can't remember if that is first or second, if first back away and go to another hidden object to get 2nd ring, after 2nd ring follow code the way they light up, then it will thaw objects in fountain actually **** gives u key to bedside table where 2nd key is located.

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 10:00:56 AM PST

[Post New]by ackpfft on Apr 23, 11 9:59 AM
graytori wrote:I played and got to the point where you go to Bourbon Street I got key from bird and read newspaper and then game went back to beginning where you click on play. I clicked on play and it took me to Bourbon St again (mind you I have an urn and key I got from bird, in my inventory) and I had to get key from bird again and read paper again. I un-installed and re-installed game and it went to Bourbon St (same items in inventory) and had to pick up key and read paper for the third time and then game went back to beginning again. I am deleting this game. Not sure what is happening.

Same thing just happened to me. Bummer....I was enjoying the game. At least it was just a trial, and I didn't waste any money (or credit) on it.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 23, 11 10:14 AM
Same as Grandmajacky. The game is stuck at the frozen fountain. Entered this zoom scene and picked up the Dove ring/key. Now it will not allow me to exit this close up. Went back to the Main Menu twice. First time I just clicked on "Play" again, 2nd time I exited the game completely. LOL, when I hit the exit button, it took me to the BUY page at BF.

But both times that I went back in to Play, it opened at the frozen fountain where I was still unable to exit.

Running Windows XP Pro and I am certain all is up to date.

Good game but I certainly won't buy until the glitch is fixed.

tybooger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tybooger on Apr 23, 11 10:32 AM
same issues here.Instead of starting goes back to game manager 'Thank you for plying' 60 min remaining Play again?

[Post New]by Greenseale on Apr 23, 11 11:15 AM
I have had the same problem with Fallen Shadows and The Agency of Anomalies - that game deleted my profile as being corrupted and I had to start all over again....but it froze.....

What is going on? BFG are usually so reliable!

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Apr 23, 11 11:15 AM
The game takes forever to download and then stalls on "validating". I didn't get an error message...it just won't complete the initial download. Help, please!

[Post New]by MarjAZ on Apr 23, 11 11:40 AM
Divaaa wrote:Mine froze @ opening, where it says to clk to skip intro,, had to shut down , was the only way too get out. the usual ways did not work,,, think the game needs a fix!!!!!!

D

Ditto me, too. I tried twice and each time had to shut computer down to get out of it. I have plenty of required RAM also, so what could it be except a glitch? I will probably just uninstall it and go on with my life.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 23, 11 11:55 AM
Hi folks,

If you're having save issues, please make sure that you have the proper rights on your system; you can reference this help article:

Save Errors

If you're having troubles installing the game, you might want to check that another program is not interfering with the installation process:

Problem Downloading or Installation Failed

For any further help with any issues you're experiencing, please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by jaja16 on Apr 23, 11 12:27 PM
Downloaded fine, played until got in house saw grandfather and nothing, wont let me go futher, whats up ?

Go to: