DD comments and reviews

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:DD comments and reviews

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 23, 11 6:49 PM
Sorry BF, you're not getting my $2.99 for this one. The hidden object scenes aren't memorable, the mastermind game shows up at least four times in a row (that's when I stopped playing so I don't know how many times it comes up after that and is so simple that my 5 year old niece could play it. This game just didn't hold my attention.

nelly55
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by nelly55 on Apr 23, 11 8:37 PM
chillygirl wrote:lmaooooo.....Yourshannygirl!! Your post was the first thing to greet my eyes (well~besides making coffee so I could open them) and it cracked me up. I can soo feel your frustration! I haven't dl'd it yet but I know I'll play the whole demo thinking about your post! lol
I hope you got some sleep & that the game goes easier on ya today! Have a good one!

nelly55
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by nelly55 on Apr 23, 11 8:43 PM
am dowloding this game right now. Let see how it play,but i don't like the sound of the puzzle and i one that need a lot of hints for the first couple of time that i play any game sooooo.

nelly55
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by nelly55 on Apr 23, 11 8:43 PM
am dowloding this game right now. Let see how it play,but i don't like the sound of the puzzle and i one that need a lot of hints for the first couple of time that i play any game sooooo.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 23, 11 8:44 PM
This would be a good game for someone who is really into vampires and/or likes straightforward HOGs. I played for about six minutes and it was enough to see this game isn't for me. I didn't have any trouble finding the objects in the HOG scenes and there are an abundance of hints if you play the minigame, but it was still sort of boring to me. Not being a fan of vampires didn't help either as I wasn't interested in the storyline at all.

The background music was okay, but there was an irritating "bong" every time I found a correct object. Also, the minigame is one where you find the combination. It seemed like every time the minigame came up for me, the combination answer was the same. Very odd. Anyway, I'll save the $2.99 this time.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Apr 23, 11 8:48 PM
I remember back in the day when we'd have been awed and delighted by the fine graphics in this game. Unfortunately those days are about four years in the past. I played for 9 minutes before I got bored. Yawn. Sorry, no buy, not even for $3.

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Apr 23, 11 8:50 PM
I just tried this game and decided to buy. It is a plain HOG but that is okay with me.
Judging it as a plain HOG, it seems like a decent game for $3.

Not looking to start anything, but a game should be judged based on what it is. If it is a plain HOG and you don't like plain HOGs, the criticism should be based on how it is as an HOG and not on the fact that it isn't an IHOG or FROG. But of course, that can be the reason not to purchase a game.

Downu
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Downu on Apr 23, 11 10:23 PM
Good game for 3 bucks. I liked it.
Pitty once I brought I only had about 4 scenes to finnish.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Apr 24, 11 4:20 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:It's ok but at the end of the day I'm not buying. Not even as a DD. Basically a straight hog with mini games. Sad thing is I LOVE Mastermind type mini games but they didn't make them right... it is WAY TOO EASY. Mastermind you're supposed to put the lights in a row and then green means it's right color, right place, red means it's right color, wrong place.

Possible spoiler if you don't know how to play Mastermind... so stop reading now if you dont' want to know.

Thanks for explaining how this differs from true Mastermind Gamergirl , I don't really go for HOGs but I was going to download and play the demo just because I loved the idea of (proper!) mastermind type puzzles (I haven't played the original plastic game for decades , don't even own it any more) and I thought I'd maybe get a lot of them in this game.

I'll go and play something I already own instead .

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 4:58:09 AM PST

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Apr 28, 11 1:59 PM
brookings wrote:I wouldn't pay 50 cents for this game. The reasons: At least 1 or 2 items are to difficult to find per scene. Many very dark areas in the scene. The only way to get more hints is to finish the mini-games. The first 3 mini-games were all the same. Trying to guess which color of fuse to add to each row. There is no way of correcting to try another color other than to completely re start. I found this game to be no fun at all.

The mini puzzle for opening locked doors is easy. Put one color of fuse all the way across and click go, to the left look how many light up, one or more, write it down on a piece of paper. Then use ther next color up and repeat. You'll get the hang of it!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on May 7, 11 9:14 AM
This game is a little dated, with low-res graphics and unrealistically hidden objects (rulers hidden along building edges). I did like the images of Boston at night that they used for the hidden object scenes, though, and it was interesting to learn more about the story.

There's 3 minigames: Simon (repeat the pattern 4 colored buttons are pressed), matching pairs and a Mastermind-like puzzle. Simon goes up to 23 rounds at the later stages, which is not so bad but the pattern is repeated so slowly that it takes ages. The Mastermind puzzle can always be completed in at most 5 moves (depending on number of possible pieces) because they let you know the position of the correctly-placed pieces. Matching pairs was fun because of the timed aspect.

Overall, an okay game at a DD price.

Go to: