lhca
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by lhca on Apr 27, 11 3:34 AM
I too thought the game held your hand too much. I can't believe I'm through it in a couple of hours. When the credits started to roll my thoughts were "what...over already?" Too bad because I was really looking forward to this game. To me a great game is one that takes me several sessions to complete. This just didn't make the cut. BTW the records took me a while too. Try reading some books by the gramaphone while you think about where the records pieces may be!

jbellemeg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jbellemeg on Apr 27, 11 7:58 AM
chele246 wrote:
bstjnck wrote:hi, i just bought this game and cannot get past the toy shop trying to get the train together, figured out i was leaving a piece out, but game stopped working uninstalled and reinstalled had to start a new game and got back to the train part, now it won't let me do anything it freezes. Help

SAME HERE!! did exactly the same as you and still a frozen game stuck in the toy shop......NOT liking this one bit,

[Post New]by neenee66 on Apr 27, 11 12:10 PM
I just paid for this game today,Man what a rip off. It wont let you past putting the train back together. I think we need a refund. Bad Game

[Post New]by roxann55 on Apr 27, 11 2:35 PM
Better in some ways than Book of Air but I was still disappointed. Waaaay too short for $13.99. Finished it in less than 4 hours. I'm no game wizard but I never had to use the strategy guide until the very end. I found that shocking as I had to use the strat guide in Dire Grove about every 10 minutes. Graphics were okay and Lyra's voice wasn't as obnoxious as in Book of Air. The first 3 Dream Chronicles were a lot more challenging/fun. I guess I was hoping for a little more. I remain hopeful that Book of Fire will meet my expectations but I'm not holding my breath...

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 2:42:29 PM PST

[Post New]by MamaG94 on Apr 27, 11 7:45 PM
I'm having trouble getting out of the crater. I can't find the airship. And I, too am having trouble with scenes freezing. Help, anyone?

[Post New]by Mootilda on Apr 28, 11 10:37 AM
I too loved the first 3 the book of air was a let down but this one is just frustrating it has crashed to desktop numerous times yes all my video card and everything is up to date i don't have problems with more complex games than this huge disappointment as the others were so good just learned a valuable lesson just wish i could get through game once did all the usual removed and reinstall nothing has worked. Hope others have better luck than me.

[Post New]by diddydigger on Apr 30, 11 1:53 AM
I also cannot get past the train puzzle in the toy shop. driving me nuts it is. it just freezes.

[Post New]by innerbeauty on Apr 30, 11 4:48 PM
Played the game in lightening speed. Enjoyed it thus far and tried to play the Bonus Game. Can't get the cooked orange spice to be accepted in the potion jar. I would like to continue the Bonus game, but how can I continue? I have followed all the instructions in the cookbook.....very frustrating..

[Post New]by rwc0317 on Apr 30, 11 8:37 PM
The strategy guide says to weld the wooden repair to the airship, but that cannot be done because the rest of the jewels needed to power the weld tool are in the airship and you can't get inside without the weld tool working. I am very confused--where are the jewels that are supposed to power Weld so you can enter the airship and continue the game?

[Post New]by kootiekc on May 1, 11 10:47 AM
i too am very disappointed in BoW. I am an average game player, and even I got it done in less than two hours first time. I think it was over priced and under thought-out by deveopers. The first games made you think, were harder, and you could miss stuff if you weren't careful. But this game really does hold your hand, and no music challenges even! Please ask the fans if you need ideas on how to make the dream series better.

[Post New]by kootiekc on May 1, 11 10:49 AM
and furthermore: you were supposed to keep the book away from Lilith, but Lyra just leaves it lying around after she finds it. And didn't the clockmaker want the last page of the book? wazzup there?

[Post New]by craftyrn on May 1, 11 7:29 PM
I cannot find 3-4 magic disc's. What's up? Can't go any farther

[Post New]by craftyrn on May 1, 11 7:31 PM
Really disappointed. What my money back.

kathyph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kathyph on May 2, 11 8:07 AM
Have to agree that the game was way too short and pretty easy - not worth being designated as a CE. The bonus game was boring and pretty much a repeat of the original game. Very disappointed b/c I, like the others who have commented, love the Dream Chronicles games. Will be wary when the next one comes out.

[Post New]by cathy_johnston1 on May 4, 11 6:30 AM
can't get past the bonus in the barge city can't find last paint so I can't go on and also had a freeze in same place in game and had to start over

helennoel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by helennoel on May 6, 11 2:52 PM
sewanti wrote:hi fishes! stuck playing this game... can't find 3 out of 4 disk pieces of the Gramaphone at Merrow's. Please help. walkthrough, anyone?

helennoel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by helennoel on May 6, 11 2:54 PM
I am stuck at the gramaphone also. I have checked the hangar and the house as well as the garden. It says there is nothing to pick up!! So where do I find the remaining pieces of the gramaphone base?

[Post New]by shortnsassy6272 on May 7, 11 5:10 PM
I agree with glowfish. This one was not worth a CE. Too short, too easy. I have all the other DC games and was sooooo looking forward to another but even with the bonus section I finished it in just a short time. The games were mostly repeats of past DC mini-games. Actually it was a repeat of the Book of Airs. Sorry BF this one was a total waste for me. Really disappointing.

[Post New]by laralang on May 7, 11 10:41 PM
Hello. I havent tried any of the other Dream Chronicles but was enjoying this immensely when it finished. So short for the money. I then started the bonus game where there is no hints and only the barely useful strategy guide. Am at the herbalist with Faye. Have made the potion but cant grind the orange peel, cook it in the huge pot over the fire or add water from outside. Wont let me move anywhere else so stuck. Help.

[Post New]by YonderStar on May 10, 11 1:09 PM
You have to keep searching for the parts to the Gramaphone. They're there. When you have it completed, there's a piece of record on the floor.
Hint, click on a book to the left of the gramaphone.

Go to: