Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:technical issues

[Post New]by Bidme on Apr 25, 11 10:36 AM
saphhire wrote:I get a tech error when I try to sew the button on the doll then the game shuts off tried reinstalling the game but still does the same thing. A no buy for me................................... got to fix the problems before it releases its games to fast to release try fixing the problems first not all have the same puters
I had same problem, never had trouble before with games, But I closed down went straight back and it worked, makes me nervy though, not good enough to risk the ole British pound on, happy easter whats left 18;37 here

Post any Silent Scream: The Dancer technical issues here only

[Post New]by yanna999 on Apr 25, 11 10:53 AM
The game has problem. I downloaded it and when i try to play it begins with the prologue and then stops and i am with the game manager asking if i want to play again (if as i had play at all!). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the problem remains the same. Any ideas to help please?

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Silent Scream: The Dancer technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 25, 11 10:54 AM
most of people who had black screen say they have Nvidia card,but i have the exactly same truble and i have an ATI one(bought last year!)!so....;i think there is too much cards which are not compatible!and i played the beta without any graphic card issue!i don't know what they added to the game after the beta that makes the issue ,but my graphic card worked with beta!

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Apr 25, 11 11:21 AM
I too experienced the access violation error when attempting to sew the button eye on the doll. Perhaps it was because I wasn't where I found the last item for that task? I had moved into the hallway before trying to complete that task.

Anyway, I'm running a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Vista Ultimate with Intel ( R ) 4 Graphics Media. Not sure if that's the video card or not, but it's the accelerator, at least. Vista isn't very friendly about allowing you to look up what your components are.

S.

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 11:21:54 AM PST

RinneAlex
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by RinneAlex on Apr 25, 11 11:57 AM
I am also having trouble with this game. Slow starting, get BF splash screen, then black with a cursor and nothing else. Have to quit through task manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't help. I have an ATI graphics card and am running XP. All other system requirements are met. Too bad, since this seems like a game I would really enjoy.

[Post New]by sarodacker on Apr 25, 11 12:48 PM
alicekramden wrote:Well, another game from BFG that doesn't work correctly! This is getting tiresome, to say the least. Black screen with cursor.....BFG logo....then.....nothing but black screen again.

I too am having this problem. I have used game credits on several games lately that I just cannot get to work properly. Very disappointed in BFG right now.

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Apr 25, 11 1:28 PM
Same thing here, guys & gals of BF. Downloaded..BF logo came up, then after a few punches on the ESC button, the program came up...then everything went dark...ooooh! Is that it? A 'silent scream' in the dark out of frustration??

Jadee41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jadee41 on Apr 25, 11 1:41 PM
I also had a problem sewing the button eye on the doll. Game froze and got a access violation message. Had to bring up the task manager to exit. However when I went back in it worked fine and I was able to play the demo until the time ran out, which was only about 20 mins. Not long enough to make sure this would not happen again. Enjoyed the game, but think I'll wait and see if there is a update before I purchase ....

Post any Silent Scream: The Dancer technical issues here only

[Post New]by Senex357 on Apr 25, 11 2:43 PM
yanna999 wrote:The game has problem. I downloaded it and when i try to play it begins with the prologue and then stops and i am with the game manager asking if i want to play again (if as i had play at all!). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the problem remains the same. Any ideas to help please?

This is the same issue that I have... Can't get past the intro to get at the game...
I had similar issues with another game (on Steam) that had the in game movies as flash files... That game had an issue with the version of flash I was running, so that might be it here as well.

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Apr 25, 11 2:52 PM
No tech issues until now!!!! Trying to do the steam pipe mini game and the cursor froze, the game froze, and had to exit out using my ctl,alt,delete method and access my game manager.

Will go back in now to see how it works and will report back

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Apr 25, 11 3:05 PM
Game will not play, too bad looks like it may be a good one! I get the black screen and that's it. Have to task manager it, to get out of it!

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by esmeqt on Apr 25, 11 7:43 PM
My tech issue is a little different, though I did have to ctrl+alt+delete at one point and restart the game.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

I got all the way through and to the bonus section. I was able to access the stage panel with just the knife. Now I'm stuck with the rock and can't get the key to open the hidden door.

Any suggestions?

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 26, 11 12:18 AM
I get nothing but a black screen after the BF announcement. I will wait (hopefully) for an undate of this game before I delete. It looks like a good game.

OH! each time I ctrl-alt-del I loose minutes with the game and yet, I have not gotten any play time.

Please fix this game as I would love to give it a try.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 26, 11 4:36 AM
yve501 wrote:The game freezes and the mouse icon disappears when I try to go to the attic. Tried reinstalling and the same thing happened.
I've got a virtually new windows7 so everything is up to date.

[b]Possible Spoiler)

I use Windows 7, 64-bit. The game does stutter quite often, and I have noticed that the system cursor (I prefer to use it) disappeared when I did the close up on the sleeping woman and tried to cut off that wire. It didn´t work at all with the system cursor. So I had to change to the custom cursor and that`s when I was able to cut the wire.

Also, at the police station, when I hover over the fountain, I get a message saying that nobody is around, or something like that, and when I hover over the police station sign, it says that the fountain is empty or thereabouts.

I think there are several bugs in this game that first need ironing out.

I also thought it strange that the footpath to the house of the woman looking after the child looks lopsided. Then I checked the walkthrough and saw that it wasn`t my computer making it look funny. I mean, why do I have to look at a scene from such an angle that makes me think I am bend over sideways while seeing things.

And I don`t even want to start with those dreadful and repetitive noises... I am sure that`s not a technical issue. LOL

[Post New]by juliesden on Apr 26, 11 8:21 AM
Sante001 wrote:I get nothing but a black screen after the BF announcement. I will wait (hopefully) for an undate of this game before I delete. It looks like a good game.

OH! each time I ctrl-alt-del I loose minutes with the game and yet, I have not gotten any play time.

[Post New]by juliesden on Apr 26, 11 8:23 AM
Sante001 wrote:I get nothing but a black screen after the BF announcement. I will wait (hopefully) for an undate of this game before I delete. It looks like a good game.

I get the same, a black screen and control/alt/delete will only closed it and i lose play time!

mac1938123
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by mac1938123 on Apr 26, 11 12:41 PM
I have wasted 30 minutes of dwmo time at the dolls eye spot withthe same crashind on windows 7 with all the lastest downloads and a machine built for games. Another issue that is blamed on us. But everything else works fine Am tired of access violations and games that don't run and always being told it is my graphics card or direct x everything is the latest version and if we all have the same issue then why is it our problem?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 26, 11 3:02 PM
Hi everyone,

It looks like several of you are experiencing an error in the game, including a black screen. Please first check if an update for your computer is available and might help with this issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you have already gone through those steps, please get in touch with one of our Tech Support (you can click on this link) reps and be sure to include a Dr. Felix report so that our team can collect helpful information to find a resolution.

We ask that you go through these troubleshooting steps in order for us to rule out any possibilities of why a certain issue might be happening. Also, writing in to our Support team is extremely helpful as it allows us to figure out which particular systems are being affected by an issue. Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by sara56 on Apr 26, 11 4:14 PM
Cannot finish the hospital. By mistake I went to Addams Street to early it seems. I do not think it should be a mistake, when the pointer to Addams Street is available?

Anyway, the minute I chose the pointer to Addams Street the screen said Chapter 6 (I think it was 6) - and then the morque key disappeared and now I cannot finish the hospital or get into the morque.

This must be a bug - please advise if I really have to start all over again to finish?

Mavism
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mavism on Apr 26, 11 4:15 PM
Just finished second uninstall. Black screens, skip doesn't work, locks up my computer. What is going on? I have had more game problems in the last three weeks than in the last three years.

Go to: