kimvy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by kimvy on Apr 26, 11 1:32 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
DeadRiver wrote:(Removed by moderator)

LOL!!! I do, but these "I am downloading" cause me constipation again...

What? You're not a fan of totally useless and irrelevant information???

Oh look. It's time to go to bed. Happy Gaming. Hope this one is a good one for y'all.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 6:22:48 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 26, 11 1:32 AM
well, for you guys who hate adventure games where you walk back and forth and back and forth... this is one of those!

i wanted to like this one, as i thought it felt like it might scratch that X-files itch... but the action bounces around so much that i felt like i had accidentally stepped into a meeting for crazed ADHD scientists anonymous... as they mi casa... yeah... and the blackouts didn't make me feel any better about where this whole thing was going, either...

what happened here?? i love Vogat and i always look forward to playing their games, but whoa! somethin's gotta give...

i will say that i particularly liked the choice selection of puzzles i ran into in the time i played... especially the one to open the crypt door... very nifty! but not enough to save me from turning away and saying 'no, i don't want to play anymore'

and folks, as the name of the game implies, it is dark and ritualistic... so i'm hoping i don't have to tell you that if you have a thing about people putting candles in circles and painting strange sigils on their 'captive audiences' - don't play! you will be offended and then you will feel forced to tell the world what you think of these things... we know, trust me, we know... and we want you to have fun playing games, too, just not this one... it's not good for you, and we don't like seeing you get upset...

i will say this, however, there was no actual performing on the part of the lead character in the half hour i played... just finding stuff that was not very pleasant and trying to track down and maybe save a partner who went rogue right off the bat... most of the game play consisted of digging through junk piles and solving puzzles to open doors... pretty rote for an IHOG...

i'd give it fair to middlin'

kimvy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kimvy on Apr 26, 11 1:34 AM
paradoxno1 wrote:Downloading now at 78 percent

Did you hear about the new movie "Constipation?"...
It hasn't come out yet.

Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 26, 11 1:34 AM

It hasn't come out yet.

Oh, oh, oh....it hurts!!! Bad fishies...

Cat4636
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Cat4636 on Apr 26, 11 1:36 AM
Yeah, I'm done with junkpile hidden objects, too. If I need, say, soap, I'll go look in the bathroom, the kitchen, the laundry room, the grocery store. Scissors will be in the art supplies or the sewing kit or the kitchen junk drawer. So if I'm supposed to find some scissors, put them in "box" of art supplies that have to rummage in. NOT coins and onions and rubber ducks and whatever else.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 26, 11 1:37 AM
Rebeca Lily, you took Orijojo's comment out of context: s/he had beta'd the game and had the substantive comment that the game was easy before the comment that s/he was downloading.

Frankly,you and Dead River are the ones out of line because of your talk of enemas and constipation, which aren't appropriate. I would rather skip over meaningless posts about downloading.

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Apr 26, 11 1:46 AM
Cat4636 wrote:Yeah, I'm done with junkpile hidden objects, too. If I need, say, soap, I'll go look in the bathroom, the kitchen, the laundry room, the grocery store. Scissors will be in the art supplies or the sewing kit or the kitchen junk drawer. So if I'm supposed to find some scissors, put them in "box" of art supplies that have to rummage in. NOT coins and onions and rubber ducks and whatever else.

I love when you have to look for a bar of soap in the fountain you just drained.
I know these games are not the easiest to make but I wish they'd pay a little more attention to the content of the objects we have to look for.
This game did have excellant graphics and the objects were not the run of the mill pictures but come-on a cigar in the fountain.
I still like the game will possibly purchase if it's not to short and the punch card will allow..

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 26, 11 1:47 AM
I like this game. Widescreen, graphics are good. List items are findable for me even with progressive lens glasses. Hint system works for other than item scenes and thats good . Puzzles workable. Can follow the story line so far. I think the wait for this game was worth it. Thanks Big Fish. However, i didnt see a Skip Button thats OK too, being there will be a Walkthru.

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Apr 26, 11 1:49 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

It hasn't come out yet.

Oh, oh, oh....it hurts!!! Bad fishies...

You have to admit it was funny.

PS I already downloaded mine.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 26, 11 1:54 AM
I think this game is o.k. It is slimplistic and once again we've seen this storyline over and over again. The graphics are a little grainy and the characters cartoonish, but it's o.k. I wouldn't pay full price for this game. But for DD,COTW,game credit,punch card, it's worth it. I sure wish the develpers would give us some different storylines. How about some Sci Fi? I would Love that! Definetly give this game a try, it's worth the download and trial for sure.

I'd rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 1:58:32 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 26, 11 1:55 AM
It's Vogat. Which to me means good game! Enuff said

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 26, 11 1:57 AM
Despite thinking this was “a little too easy”, I’m enjoying it more this time round.

I haven’t changed my mind on the degree of difficulty, but having decided to trial it in “experience mode“, I’m finding it more interesting.

Not sure I’ll buy but I do have a couple of credits and a few holes I my punch card.

Jo.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 26, 11 2:00 AM
dootney wrote:I like this game. Widescreen, graphics are good. List items are findable for me even with progressive lens glasses. Hint system works for other than item scenes and thats good . Puzzles workable. Can follow the story line so far. I think the wait for this game was worth it. Thanks Big Fish. However, i didnt see a Skip Button thats OK too, being there will be a Walkthru.
There is a skip button.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 26, 11 2:03 AM
Thanks Dobbie, I saw it after the Demo. MY mistake.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 26, 11 2:14 AM
I played 30 minutes so far. I usually rate my games, A, B, or C. So far I give this one a PU rating. Maybe it will improve in the next 30 minutes.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 26, 11 2:16 AM
Well I have played for a full hour apart from making a to help wake me up and it is a definite buy for me even though the Adventure Mode says "minor sparkles" and the first hidden object scene was lit up like a Christmas tree .

Yes it is another mansion to explore and a missing sister to find but I quite like exploring mansions and seeing all the different ways that the devs can come up with for locking doors in fact I had just solved a door puzzle and had only to move the last piece 1/4" to lock it in place when Felix showed up .

The graphics are really excellent and I have had no problem finding any of the objects in the hidden object scenes plus there is one small interactive bit in each of those scenes. Yes these scenes are junkpile but there again most are and it is supposed to be a hidden object puzzle adventure and not a pure adventure game.

I still get a sense of accomplishment when I solve a puzzle be it easy or difficult and I have enjoyed the ones I have come across so far .

There was one inconsistency that the testers/devs appear to have missed ... in Dr Brown's office there was a summary on a piece of paper on the floor and it called his partner Dr Vinn ... in the book in the desk he is called Dr Vann .

Cherb

Suggestion for those people who don't like the storyline or the puzzles etc ... why don't you contact the devs and give them some idea of what would make a good game for you .

ETA

This game is good value for money in terms of gameplay. I have just finished and it took me approximately 6 hours in the advanced setting but I did end up skipping the Remote Control and Slider puzzles. Not the most riveting storyline but a good game nonetheless. I enjoyed it .

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 3:21:24 PM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 26, 11 2:25 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
orijojo wrote:
Down loading now.
Jo

(Removed by moderator)

And....there's members who wonder why...others are no longer posting in the review threads

And...this is one of the reasons....why I stopped posting reviews altogether.

I say...download away you all....

And...at least I know someone thinks the game is worthy enough of a download, might not be much information, but at least it's something...rather than someone...commenting on another's post....which tells me absolutely nothing about the game.
I've seen quite a number of members who post in the comments/reviews forums...who don't even bother to post a comment/review on the game itself, but rather comment on someone's else's review....even when a member is downloading...
Instead of picking on people constantly...how about trying some constructive reviewing

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 6:12:41 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 26, 11 2:31 AM
Great review Cherb

I was about to say the same thing in regards to the graphics....which I thought...were very excellent.
Although, it ran somewhat slow for me in the beginning...it's working fine now.

Cherb, I always enjoy the junkpiles

Happy Gaming you all

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Apr 26, 11 2:44 AM
TerryMann...I have missed your reviews. Please come back. You gave excellent reviews. Do not LET a few others ruin it for the majority of us who valued your excellence.

I just started the game. Still a toss up for me as I am only in the upstairs office. Seems to drag a little but I am also taking my time.

The graphics are very good and I enjoy the junk piles this time as the items are not tiny but in good light and sight.

I have played better games but I am willing to give this demo a chance as Vogat usually has excellent games.

Again TerryMann...you are needed, so give this old lady a belated birthday gift and come back...your expertise is needed.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 26, 11 2:49 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in with a reminder that this thread is for comments and reviews of Dark Ritual only.

Following your gameplay of the trial or full version, please feel free to post any constructive criticism both good and bad.

Posts that off topic but still about the game can be posted in the Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments, comments that are not about the game can be posted in Chit-Chat Corner.

Please do not spam the comments and reviews threads.

Thank you and happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: