murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Diamon Jones: Devil's Contract

[Post New]by murphy1923 on May 4, 11 11:33 AM
Lots of fun! Definitely quirky and different, and I loved the humor of the characters - even the sneezing and scratching.
The puzzles were just a little bit different, but not terribly challenging, and I appreciate the change from the usual, predictable ones.
Not sure it's long enough, but probably worth buying since it's so funny and different. Love the fat guys!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 6, 11 8:53 AM
I am going to buy this game, I thought I need humor in a game so here it is, I could not help but giggle at some of the things that Diamon jones did,I truley love the game thx DEV's and BF

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on May 7, 11 4:43 PM
What can I say? I enjoyed the humor in this trial!! It's nice to have some light heartness after SO MANY serious and scary games in a row. I thought he was hilarious (though I haven't played the previous games).
The only thing I'd change is that sometimes you're "given" items - but they look grey in your inventory - so I spend 10 minutes looking for it on the screen only to realise that it's already in my inventory and ready to use.
Elvis and three headed dog - its either desperation or brilliance!!
I am seriously considering buying it!!!

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on May 12, 11 3:11 PM
I think it's wicked cute and funny! buy for me!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 16, 11 11:18 PM
Wow! How did I miss this game on release day? I have only played about 30 minutes of this but it is fun and really funny!! It is a HOG (not with a list but with "pics" of what you are looking for) and you generally need to find all of the items which will make a whole item that you will use to complete a task. This is not a FROG - but rather you will be looking for vacuum parts - the canister, the hose, the nozzle, etc and then when you find all of the parts you will then use the vacuum to complete a task. Pretty fun so far and quite comical in the characters and the dialog. Glad I stumbled across this one...

The only thing I'd change is that sometimes you're "given" items - but they look grey in your inventory - so I spend 10 minutes looking for it on the screen only to realise that it's already in my inventory and ready to use.

Oh, right! I noticed that too but I thought "Did I pick that up and forget I did??". That makes sense - I am glad I am not losing my mind!

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 11:20:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Drachenfuer on May 31, 11 7:17 PM
Please keep in mind, I have not played any of the other Diamon Jones games. This was my first and probably last. This is my first time posting a negative review for the otherwise excellent games found here.

First of all, does anyone else think Diamon Jones looks like Robert Englund? Without the makeup obviously?

I am not a master at adventure or hidden object games, yet it took me only an hour and half to finish this game. And that was going very, very slowly. What caught my attention was the graphics and how they were kinds sorta real time. Graphically, the game is beautiful and ran well with no bugs. I found the "puzzles" or some of the items either incredibly easy to find or impossibly hard. Usually that was only one impossibly hard so use the hint, no problem, but there was no real challenge. The mini games were kinda fun, at least took away some of the dregery of looking for items in the same location several times over. At one point, trying not to give spoilers, the dialogue leads you to beleive that the story can now branch out in many different ways, giveing you MANY more hours of gameplay and then does the first branch. It never branchs again and abruptly ends.

All of this I could forgive except for the save game feature. While you are in a "chapter", if you quit, suposedly saving the game, then restart, you have to restrat at the beginning of the chaper. Including redoing the mini-games, etc. Now that makes the game pure drugery. Unforgivable. Save your money.

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jun 28, 11 8:33 PM
This is a good one. I don't care about what people say about dealing with the devil: look at the name for a clue! It's called "Devil's Contract" for a reason. Besides, game alludes to different humor and decades. Some objects are too small, but can find. As for the cheese shop...I'm now scared where my cheese has been...thanks Jones for sneezing on my cheddar (the one with the blinking mold)...

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 16, 11 8:50 AM
I just found this game from an earlier comment in another thread. I am loving it! It is really simple but so very funny! Poor guy in the cheese shop must have a mold allergy! Some of the items are a bit hard for me to find but that is OK. I won't give up looking for them! The only thing I don't like is the music in the background as it makes it kind of hard to hear the other sound effects. I'll try turning down the music and turning up the other sounds and see if that helps. I think I will probably get this game with a coupon...or the sale if it is still on...cannot wait to see how the game develops!!

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Nov 12, 11 11:48 AM
This was such a cute and funny little game. I enjoyed it a lot!

Go to: