shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Voodoo Whisperer

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 28, 11 2:31 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there tillybaby,
Yes, "the wedding" is big time news here in Australia as well. However it is a sacrilege to have it at the same time as my team will be playing football!!
Didn't they check the AFL schedule before setting the date?
Cheers.

Did you finish the game already DragonLady?

ETA: Well, you can record the wedding on a DVR! LOL Right? You have to watch the football game!

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 2:32:11 AM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 28, 11 2:33 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Don't know about y'all...but I am staying away from C&R, lol.

lol lol me too

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Apr 28, 11 2:47 AM
DLO -- great review, thank you so much! And yes, here in the US, there's over-the-top interest in the Wedding, especially among those of us with UK roots. The news shows are going all out to cover every little detail, and I noticed that Turner Classic Movies channel has been showing many more movies from Britain. Well, it IS exciting, isn't it?

ETA Thank goodness my husband and I have two TVs; we can multiview. But I'm not getting up at 4:00 am unless I happen to be awake anyway

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 2:49:23 AM PST

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 6:15 AM
Thank you very much for the wonderful review, DragonLadyOz! It's great to hear you folks are enjoying the game!

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Apr 28, 11 12:36 PM
Enjoying the game?? Well, I would like to enjoy the game as soon as there is a FIX made for the floating cursor problem, alot of us are having. Please respond GogiiGrace....
GogiiGrace wrote:Thank you very much for the wonderful review, DragonLadyOz! It's great to hear you folks are enjoying the game!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 28, 11 12:39 PM
Hey Belinda,

Did you try switching to the system cursor? Any games in the past where I have had problems with a jerky or floating cursor I was able to solve the problem by switching to the system cursor. I am not experiencing any trouble with this game at all.

It is just thought that may help you. Good luck with this issue!

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 12:46 PM
BelindaR53 wrote:Enjoying the game?? Well, I would like to enjoy the game as soon as there is a FIX made for the floating cursor problem, alot of us are having. Please respond GogiiGrace....

We got a request in customer service for this issue and we're looking into it. It's a strange issue ... but we'll see what we can do about it.

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 12:54:35 PM PST

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 28, 11 1:49 PM
I suck. I can't even hold out a few days to buy this game. lol. Don't tell my husband.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 28, 11 1:53 PM
roflmao obrien . hahahaha.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 30, 11 1:11 AM
Hi there,
Well, despite many distractions/annoyances (food, visitors, sleep, work, my dogs wanting to be fed and played with, my cat stealing my mouse after many seconds of forlorn looks because he wanted attention, football (and taking a peek at The Wedding to check out the dress and flowers), I managed to finish this game early this morning my time, so thought that in view of the fact that I started this after really only having played an hour, I would report back. Might be a long-winded one, so you don't have to read all of it.
So, what did I learn?
1 ... that a domino is a type of mask (hit the hint button twice before I got the idea)
2 ... that there were some other rather interesting translations of terms/words, but they were mainly forgiveable - and I knew what a boneshaker was!!
3 ... that the developers must have taken a lot of time and effort in researching appropriate items for not only the general graphics but also the H0 scenes to continue to be time and place appropriate
4 ... where the Strategy Guide was (accidently hit the open book to see what it was) and that it was accessible within the game and kept your place if you used it
5 ... I got sick of being told "This would be useful.." (or whatever the term was) when I found something.
6 ... that as opposed to my original statement you can't pick up everything you find whenever you see it until some things are needed - some of the items in the later chapters drove me crazy
7 ... that the extra game play was actually a chapter within the game and not something tacked on to the end. I thought this was a great idea, though I see this has been confusing for a number of players in other forums. I can see how this would be an advantage as at the end of the game all of us would be at the same stage without the "what did I miss?" questions. On most occasions the extra game play is to introduce the new game in a series or lead us further towards the sequel...more about that later. On rare occasions it has been a prequel.
8 ... the puzzles were obscenely easy. I would have appreciated more of a challenge here
9 ... I'm glad I own a weatherboard house, as I couldn't look at a brick one with the same appreciation - but I am glad of our fireplaces in case I need brick dust.
10 ... that I wanted to see a solution within this game. I wanted a complete game, not a part of one......

Edited on 04/30/2011 at 1:35:09 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 30, 11 1:32 AM
Continued..

11... that I am sorry that my comment about the size of the map meant that there seemed to be hours of game play/episodes (except if it is to be continued) was the latter instead of the former. Must have had the red ink, lace, personal item, brick dust, pen etc already for that one!!
12... that I prefer to play my games from start to finish in one (or as few as possible) sitting/s unless I have taken a break of my own choosing.
13 ... I wish I could have been involved more in the game's forum to help others (or pop in to the Chit Chat) as I really enjoy that, but time and other matters interrupted
14 ... almost forgot - the game did not continue in widescreen mode as per the trial version once I downloaded the full version. I needed to change my screen resolution.
15 ... whilst I had no problems other than that stated above, I have noticed that a lot of you had cursor problems. I hope this is fixed soon - or that there is a simple solution.
16 ... at least one member of the game dev team has taken the time to join in with this game's forum - thankyou. Always nice for us to see this happen.
17 ... that a lot of us were prepared to purchase this as a CE. If the next instalment is to be the conclusion to this, it would be great if it was to be a SE.
18... that even though I prefer to play on the harder mode offered, the hint button did get a working over sometimes!!!
19 ... the music got a bit over-dramatic for me after a while, so I had to turn it down.
20 ... I consider this well worth my purchase. Had a great time.
21 ... I should always type these longer epistles in Word first as I am sure this is full of typos and I will be editing it like crazy once I have hit the Post button.

So, even though I would liked to have had a complete game, let's hope that the next instalment isn't too long in development and we don't have to wait too long. And please make the puzzles more challenging!!

Roll on Voodoo Whisperer 2 - not a CE please!!
PS I would be only TOO happy to beta it at some stage!!!
Cheers,
DLO

DianeSS42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DianeSS42 on Apr 30, 11 1:48 AM
I'm not an expert gamer although I think I own all the CE games and still have some to finish. While I enjoyed Voodoo Whisperer and it was appropriately spooky yet authentic, I was disappointed to find it very short. Downloaded it at 3:30 a.m. and finished all but the extra game by 6:00 a.m. - was hoping for longer but it looks like one of those that will be contined since there are only two sites to visit - the mansion and the bar - that's it!
I have paid a lot less for much longer games - and I did not have to use the strategy guide at all - I recommend waiting for the $6.99 version and sure wish I had done so... feels like a waste of $ and this is a rare event for me - usually takes me a LOT longer.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 30, 11 1:56 AM
DianeSS42 wrote:I'm not an expert gamer although I think I own all the CE games and still have some to finish. While I enjoyed Voodoo Whisperer and it was appropriately spooky yet authentic, I was disappointed to find it very short. Downloaded it at 3:30 a.m. and finished all but the extra game by 6:00 a.m. - was hoping for longer but it looks like one of those that will be contined since there are only two sites to visit - the mansion and the bar - that's it!
I have paid a lot less for much longer games - and I did not have to use the strategy guide at all - I recommend waiting for the $6.99 version and sure wish I had done so... feels like a waste of $ and this is a rare event for me - usually takes me a LOT longer.

Hi there DianneSS42,
There are more places to visit than those you have listed here.
Are you referring to the trial version or the full version of this game?
Cheers.

pupfish
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by pupfish on Apr 30, 11 4:53 AM
mom and I are playing this game now, we like it very much, its spooky

[Post New]by daisyduck106 on Apr 30, 11 5:06 AM
when you download this game, did anyone else have a problem with their cursor not working? i have downloaded the game twice and twice the cursor will not follow correctly

Re:Voodoo Whisperer - Update when finished

[Post New]by Mallard119 on May 7, 11 1:30 PM
Ok, I'm still at the mansion where the mother is. She's under some curse or spell. Doe's anyone know how to break that spell?

[Post New]by Cremated on Aug 15, 11 4:09 AM
Great game just a little annoyed about being left in the well. I hope Voodoo Whisperer 2 is ready soon I want to know how Lillian gets on. Just under 3hrs game play was not enough.

[Post New]by WITCHYPU on Sep 17, 11 7:14 PM
I got to the end and it said "To Be Continued". What happened - does the game not have an ending?

[Post New]by usakgi on Nov 30, 13 4:46 PM
same here, after finished, it said "To Be Continue..."

Go to: