puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 28, 11 5:45 AM
Still awake, just thinking (that can be hazardous to pond health) but it's been awhile since we had split into factions, Hoggers vs the TMers invading each other's threads. Lately I was afraid we'd split up into sides Sparklers vs. Anti-Sparkles. in our own genre Some gamers can really get angry at the game or dev. I sometimes get sensitive and feel I'm called stupid for liking sparks, then realize they think the game is stupid, not me. Then into the occult topics. I didn't even know Voodoo or Hudu was a religion, think more of cultural practices, til reading here it is one since the 80s. But my understanding in NO it is mingled with Catholism like a hybrid.

Yeh, I'm uncomfortable with all that stuff in the C&R threads, reruns of past "debates". If someone disagrees with my opinion I don't feel attacked. Just their opinions differ from mine. I guess this is the place for Going to demo now, or I hate CEs. All may be relevant to gaming choices but I do prefer to spend my research time knowing about the game, not so much the irate player or non player.

I've noticed lately some walkthroughs are provided by the devs rather than written by BF staff. Wonder if it is a copyright issue, not that as someone thought it is to sell more SGs. I know older WTs for MCFs at another site can't be transfered to BF forums due to copyrights. But wonder how others always used screen shots from games that have copyright, do they need permission to use them in WTs? Came to mind during one of our fishies wanting to do reviews on her own site controversy. I stayed out of that.

This game, wow, knew in beta I'd need extra help, hand holding, maps, SG the works just to enjoy the story and graphics, rarely need a hint on a HOG, my fav part is looking til I see, and love the ones that were in my face all the time til I hit Hint. Good ones are really an art of placement. And I love the textures, old wood, worn paint, corroded metals. That's why I'm so slow, I look at everything (and forget what I was supposed to be looking for).

My Comments when too tired to think.

btw not all spools are sewing thread spools. How about those big wooden ones from textile industries, make great candle holders.

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 6:21 AM
Hey guys, thank you so much to everyone who's taken the time so far to review and chat about Voodoo! We really appreciate it and loving hearing what you think - good and bad. It's the best way to make our games better for you guys in the future!

If anyone has any questions, comments, anything of the sort, feel free to let me know!

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Apr 28, 11 6:34 AM
thanks for this great game as anyone on this site knows I dont praise many games[a bit of an understatement] but this game seems to have it all and I dont usually buy CE games straight away but this is one im gonna buy.
This is probably one of the best games since The Fool and the latest Awakening game so its in good company

GogiiGrace
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by GogiiGrace on Apr 28, 11 6:44 AM
I'm flattered, stevieferr! The Fool and the latest Awakening game are wonderful; it's nice to see Voodoo placed in their company!

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Apr 28, 11 6:54 AM
Bummer I have to wait until the first to buy as I only need 1 more credit this month not 3 cause it's a CE. This really is a great game. I had beta'd it and been impatient for it to become available.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 28, 11 8:56 AM
Broke my own rule! Usually don't demo CEs when released,
just download and demo both when the SE is released. But,
so many of the comments plus GOGII brand quality tempted
me to try this, today. Also, the idea of putting the bonus play in
the middle of the game was hard to resist, since it won't
just be a "preview" of a forthcoming game as so many
have been reported to be.

Have only played demo for 40 minutes and loving it so far.
Will try to wait for a few more reviews by those who have
finished the game. But think I'm going to end up buying
only my second CE ever. And, the FIRST ever on day
of CE release.

With end of month $$ blues, sure wish I could use two game
club credits for it, but maybe a couple of "hot dog" dinners
will pick up the slack.

Thanks for a thread where I could voice this.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Apr 28, 11 9:18 AM
puzzledone if you want to moan about a game without getting someone jump down your throat then STevies Slot is for you,thats why i started it so people can read what i think and ignore me if they disagree stops me getting a slapped wrist from ther BIgfish brethren lol

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Apr 28, 11 11:58 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Good morning to you Kelvarda and everybody else.
No problem peglegann...

I just had this huge blast of nostalgia and had to pop in and share it. I just finished a HOG scene with a wooden thread spool and had a flashback.

To you older gamers: Do you remember back when we used to get the empty wooden thread spools from our Moms and make the little racers? A wooden thread spool, a washer, a toothpick and a rubber band and Voila! the race was on. Fun stuff!

I am so glad I grew up when I did - those little simple pleasures when we were kids. We had a good time on the cheap back then, huh?? LOL

Have a good one everyone!

Amen to that! I loved the can labels and the old fashioned feel of the scenes. I am also glad I grew up when I did, but now I keep saying I am so very glad to be here when the computers and fun stuff arrived. Wouldn't miss either era for a million dollars.

Sail on gamers and keep the faith!

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Apr 28, 11 12:44 PM
puzzledone wrote:
btw not all spools are sewing thread spools. How about those big wooden ones from textile industries, make great candle holders.

Yes, yes, yes to the cars, dolls and candle holders. We were also the ones in the neighborhood who had the HUGE Phone cable spool picnic table. The people around us probably wanted to boot their "tacky" neighbors out of the 'hood!

I also remember as a very small kid placing the spool sideways and clamping them on my shoes. I felt like a big girl like my sisters with their roller skates, but mine never skated for some reason, LOL. DUH

It seems the toys today 'tell' the kids what they can do with it and don't allow for any creativity or imagination. Oh! gimmee LEGOs!!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 28, 11 12:48 PM
LoveMyBichons wrote:We were also the ones in the neighborhood who had the HUGE Phone cable spool picnic table.

OMG... I had forgotten all about the "picnic tables". LOL

I agree totally with what you said about the toys today, as I said earlier, I am so grateful that I grew up when I did. Childhood still existed and it was marvelous!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 28, 11 1:19 PM
Yet, another one that, sadly, isn't for me. No need to repeat why. Maybe tomorrow....

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 28, 11 2:59 PM
Just come up for a bit of general Chit Chat, No rants, I'm really happy with this one. Even better than Dark Ritual and that was good.

Hi Proxyman, I've sent you a PM

Kel

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 3:00:03 PM PST

Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 28, 11 4:01 PM
Hi Kelvarda, it took me a while but I noticed

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 28, 11 4:29 PM
Cheers proxyman - received and responded.

And now dear friends - even though it's gone midnight for me - I'm going back to play the rest of this fabulous game 5

See ya tomorrow am

Kel

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Apr 28, 11 6:26 PM
I only just started the demo, and boy am I disappointed. This is only the second of many many IHOG CEs that won't play wide screen, and doesn't have an option. Whenever there is an SE that doesn't fit my screen, I wait and buy it on sale. No matter how good this game is, I definitely won't pay CE price for it. Oh well, guess I'll go play Dark Ritual.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Apr 28, 11 6:34 PM
I'm going to rant - I played 10 mins of the game and I want to buy it but I have to wait till May 1 and I'm so impatient that I don't know if I'll make it. I could buy another CE game but money is tight and I can't justify it since I have to go on disability soon for knee surgery - boo boo boo. Ok I feel a little better - thanks for the chance to whine a little

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 28, 11 6:46 PM
Puzzledone, most people don't know voodoo (or hudu) is a real religion like Catholicism or Judaism. It's not a spooky spellcasting party like television and most movies portray it. It is very serious.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 29, 11 2:08 AM
There are a lot of other religions that aren't recognized as being religions by the monotheistic mainstream branches because they incorporate aspects that are seen as being superstitions. I always find it interesting when I learn of the belief systems structuring religions; it's fascinating to see the hybridization at the core of so many of them - my own included.

I'm really, really liking the graphics of this game. I would buy the game for that alone. I just don't know if it is going on this month's punch card or next's.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Apr 29, 11 8:20 AM
I'm not even going to finish the demo (didn't really start). I'll wait until the SE is released, then decide if I will buy or wait until a sale.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Apr 29, 11 11:09 AM
GogiiGrace wrote:Hey guys, thank you so much to everyone who's taken the time so far to review and chat about Voodoo! We really appreciate it and loving hearing what you think - good and bad. It's the best way to make our games better for you guys in the future!

If anyone has any questions, comments, anything of the sort, feel free to let me know!

Boy Gogli! I am so glad you asked!

I am at the part where it is telling me to leave the mansion (which I have cleared) and go to the saloon next, which I have the key for. However, I have no way of getting there. The only thing highlighted on the City Map is The Mansion.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.....JoAnne

Go to: