sandy81676
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Avalon Legends Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by sandy81676 on Jun 5, 11 9:12 AM
UPDATE:

I haven't heard back so I'm writing to reiterate that there is a problem with Level 18.

I have now played the board over a 100 times and will quit playing because I am bored out of my mind. I now know which layout will appear in order because it has become so monotonous.

The best I have done is 8 perfects while having ALL of the wild cards. But on most boards, when you need a wild card to clear it, you actually need THREE OR FOUR wild cards to clear the board. I have literally flipped FIVE of the same card over when I needed a totally different card. Chains are literally non-existent on this level. I think the largest chain I've gotten is 8 cards when on other boards I was making chains of 15 - 35. The highest score I have ever gotten (after playing it OVER a 100 times) is a little over 10 thousand. Again, unless you get a completely PERFECT LEVEL you cannot progress in the game and getting every board of the level perfect IS IMPOSSIBLE.

I am not exaggerating. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to beat this board with the combo of cards that are presented in the layout and the deck. Couple that with the insane prices in the "store" and you have an unbeatable game. I went the entire game up to level 18 without wild cards. I'm pretty good at the game genre but until the score requirement OR layout card value OR cards in the deck are adjusted, NO one (except the LUCKIEST person in the world) will EVER win the game.

Until the game is fixed, I'm done. I cannot play this level not even one more time.

PLEASE, someone fix this issue without me having to start over. Thank you.

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 9:13:08 AM PST

sandy81676
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sandy81676 on Jun 5, 11 9:55 AM
Oh, I forgot. I realize my last post was just talke so I wanted to include screenshots. I didn't take a screenshot when I had the 8 perfects but I did take one with 7 perfects and my longest combo was 12 not 8. But the screenshots show that my longest combo of the game was 37. I wish it showed the longest combo of the level but it doesn't. I've also included a screenshot of the acheivements showing I do have all of them except the one for completing the game and getting all the magic cards (which I assume you need to play all levels to accumulate because I no longer get magic cards). So, for reference/proof, here are the screenshots. By my score, you will see that you NEED 10 perfects to beat the level which is completely ridiculous.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/Sandy81676/?action=view¤t=screen200.jpg

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/Sandy81676/?action=view¤t=screen199.jpg

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 9:58:32 AM PST

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on Jun 8, 11 4:28 AM
This stage (level 18) is beatable. Once you buy all power ups, especially those that let you earn points quicker (like +5% points, higher multipliers, extra cards to make making perfects easier).

Sandy, 7 perfects is very good, but perfects alone won't do the trick. One perfect will give you around 1000 if you don't max out multiplier. That's why it is so important to get x7 multiplier on this stage (or at least x5). With x7 you earn 3500 from just a "bonus". On the last hand that you provided screenshot you would earn 5215 points.

I understand that it can be frustrating if you can't get your multiplier to x7. If you gave up you can edit game file. Find the game folder, look into data subfolder and look for stages.dat. You can open it in Notepad. Then scroll down to stage18 and edit objective1 to value you feel suits you better.

Sandy, I see you're on Mac. PM for more instruction on how to find this file on Mac.

Edited on 06/08/2011 at 4:30:56 AM PST

[Post New]by LillianF on Jun 23, 11 7:11 PM
I was about to complain about the perfects, but see that there's a new version available. I'm on the last level, got the 16000 points and had a run of over 20, but also got cheated out of a perfect! So frustrating.

I want to finish this game (I hope), before I download the new one. I mean, I got all the way to the last level, and this is after I accidentally overwrote my first game, when I had to start all over again.

I'm a dunce, I know...

[Post New]by desirenight on Nov 7, 11 6:38 AM
I have the same issue with the wild cards, I come across them while playing and instead of dropping down to the bottom to be used later - they "poof" disappear. They were working until I bought wild cards once - now the only time it appears I can get wildcards is if I buy them. Frustrating!

[Post New]by Courtaloo on Nov 15, 11 6:25 PM
I am having the same problem too. The wild cards disappear & if you get a perfect you still have to click all the remaining cards to end the hand. I saw that these complaints date back to May of this year.
PLEASE FIX THIS BUG, BIG FISH. THIS GAME WAS FUN UP UNTIL NOW. WHEN WILL THE FIX BE AVAILABLE?
I just uninstalled & reinstalled & am having the same problem, so it is not fixed in the current download as of 11/15/11.

PLEASE ADVISE.

[Post New]by readymade524 on Dec 25, 11 8:56 AM
My problem with the wild cards disappearing seems to have been fixed by simply rebooting my computer. I did also uninstall/redownload/reinstall, but that didn't do it for me.

[Post New]by BlizzardPicard on Feb 27, 12 10:30 AM
I have the PC version and the **** card problem AND the undo problem. I've just bought this game. I have already uninstalled and downloaded the game again many times. So i don't know what to do more. I noticed that when i install the game again it finds autamatically my old saves. So i tried to delete them (just to try a REAL clean new install). Can you tell where can i find the savegames? The uninstall process doesn't delete them.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Apr 16, 12 1:36 AM
I just bought this game on March 18th so it should be the updated version (for PC). The wild cards disappear and I occasionally have problems with the undo. This seems to have been a problem for over a year now, why hasn't it been fixed? It has been fixed for the MAC, why not for the PC? Where is the developer that was posting here?

Very frustrating! As someone else stated, I play to relax, not get my blood pressure boiling.

iPod Avalon Crystal Ball and Eye of The Storm Features

[Post New]by natelori6 on May 9, 12 3:21 PM
I am playing on an iPod 4G and have "purchased" the Crystal Ball and Eye of the Storm from the shop. None of the face-down cards are more visible.

I have played and LOVE Fairway Solitaire. With this game, the cards flip over. Is that supposed to be happening in Avalon with these features too? If so, it's not happening. HELP!

[Post New]by CaltabJa on May 11, 12 1:34 PM
Playing on an ipad and I also have purchased both the eye and crystal that are supposed to reveal more cards- I bought the more expensive one first and it didn't do anything so I though maybe it was like an upgrade that required the first one so I saved up and bought that one too. They don't seem to do anything at all and we're very expensive, pretty frustrating to have spent that much coin on them.

Edited on 05/11/2012 at 1:35:29 PM PST

iPod Avalon Crystal Ball and Eye of The Storm Features

[Post New]by wombatilim on May 11, 12 9:05 PM
natelori6 wrote:I am playing on an iPod 4G and have "purchased" the Crystal Ball and Eye of the Storm from the shop. None of the face-down cards are more visible.

I have played and LOVE Fairway Solitaire. With this game, the cards flip over. Is that supposed to be happening in Avalon with these features too? If so, it's not happening. HELP!

I haven't purchased the Eye of the Storm yet, but I'm having this problem with the Crystal Ball on the iPad as well.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 12, 12 12:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you playing on iPad and having trouble accessing a certain feature of this game, try following the steps in the below help article to see if this will help:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

I can also strongly recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

I wish I had read the other posts before I bought Avalon

[Post New]by lm1430 on Jun 9, 12 3:41 PM
I have the new iPad and while Fairway Golf works fine on it, Avalon has problems. I saved up enough points to buy the Eye of the Storm and nothing happened. Like another poster -- I thought it might have to do with not purchasing the Crystal Ball first. I saved up and bought that -- a total waste of time. Nothing happens. This is a huge bug in this game and a very frustrating one due to the time it takes to collect enough points for these items.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 9, 12 4:42 PM
Hi lm1430,

Welcome to the Pond, and thanks for bringing that to our attention! I recommend letting our Customer Support team know about that so we can see what's causing that to happen. Providing details of what exactly is happening is also very helpful for us to figure out that issue.

Hopefully we can get you back to gaming shortly!

bfgSeine

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Jun 14, 12 11:44 PM
I thought I'd try this game again so downloaded it a few days ago and the wild card and undo issue seems to have gone. Hopefully it will continue to be bug free because I like the game.

gusaronni
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Avalon Legends Solitaire iPad issue

[Post New]by gusaronni on Jul 4, 12 5:42 AM
Fish friends. I have written to Big Fish technical support as well as AnaWiki games regarding the problem with "eye of the storm" and "crystal ball" not functioning. Hopefully, we will have an answer soon. Hopefully, none of you spent real money for these upgrades. If so, I think some credits or refunds are due from someone.

I have also deleted and reinstalled the game, losing all progress. As you know, getting enough points to purchase these two items from the shop in Avalon takes hours of game play. Hopefully, I will find that the reinstall works. I will let you know! Otherwise, we label this a big fat money making rip off scheme. That would be unfortunate, because we all love the Fish!

gusaronni
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gusaronni on Jul 4, 12 5:48 AM
Very impressed with this quick response from Anawiki, although no solution just yet. Hopefully, one is just about to occur...

"Hi
Thanks for getting in touch with me. I am as frustrated as you are. We
made the fix as soon as first reports appeared on the BFG forums, but
it's BFG that has to submit the game to Apple. I was told that they
did already, but update haven't popped up for few weeks now. I don't
know if they forgot about it or something else happened.

I will nag them again, though today is July 4th and holiday in the USA.

cheers
Roman"

Edited on 07/04/2012 at 6:06:35 AM PST

[Post New]by Mariloz on Sep 6, 12 10:20 PM
Hi All,

Any news on when the bug will be fixed on the eye of the storm feature? Still can't see the cards....bummed I spent that much and nothing...

ERMc
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ERMc on Oct 7, 12 3:44 PM
I have also just experienced the problem with "crystal ball" and "eye of the storm" not doing anything within the game. Unfortunately, I spent actual money to get both since I didn't have the patience to play enough to earn the required game coins. (I spent what I earned on the wild cards, which didn't do the trick of getting me the 22 card combo needed to get past level 14.)

Can we please have an update from BFG or the developer posted here? I'm not going to delete or start a new game now because I've spent all that money for the upgrades (not cheap). I will be mighty unhappy if I lose that money in order to fix the problem.

Go to: