peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 1:15 AM
bradalex wrote:I noticed that today's dd is little noir stories -the case of the missing girl. Does anybody know if this means its been fixed as I have had it from the beginning and never been able to finish it as it kept freezing up, even though I deleted and re- downloaded several times. Does any one remember seeing an update on this. If so I will re-download and try again. It was so frustrating not to know how the story ended!

Very good question. I have re-downloaded this a couple of times and it has not worked for me

Edit for sp.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 1:16:19 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 11 1:16 AM
bradalex wrote:I noticed that today's dd is little noir stories -the case of the missing girl. Does anybody know if this means its been fixed as I have had it from the beginning and never been able to finish it as it kept freezing up, even though I deleted and re- downloaded several times. Does any one remember seeing an update on this. If so I will re-download and try again. It was so frustrating not to know how the story ended!

You know, that's been haunting me too because I bought it quickly during a sale last Nov to fill a card. Later wondered why I hadn't bought it before and checked the forums. I looked too if there was a fix, and I think first time I demoed it it wasn't running good or something and deleted the demo. Just never got back to play it or write CS. In fact I forgot I bought it til seeing it now as a DD.

Should start a new post on the game thread maybe somebody has played it ok since then.

I've spent this whole day/night trying to figure stuff out, braindead by now.

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on May 1, 11 1:24 AM
Maybe they're not going to have the special "all games $4.99" like they usually do on a holiday, like Mother's Day.

It would probably work out for them money wise about the same.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 1, 11 1:31 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention the game coupon give-away in May.

Holy guacamole! They are going to be giving out a ton of free coupons away in May.

You only have to buy 2 SE games or 1 CE game to get a free coupon!?! Wow!! Add to that the coupons they will send out for full punchcards.

BFG must have had VERY good first quarter earnings!!

Morning Shadowfax44;
Can you tell me how I find the details on the May giveaway please? I saw a BFG box pop up this morning on entering the site, but it was gone in a flash.....
Thanks,
Belamba

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 11 1:33 AM
I doubt there would be a sale on Mother's Day like last year, and the irate response from dads asking why not celebrate Father's Day. Then picman had to step in and splain they had periodic sales and just looked for a reason/date to hang one on, no offense men.

So, all I wanted to know was if I buy 2 CEs in May which was the plan to fill a card for one free game, would I get 2 free games for the 2 CEs or only one freebie to a customer, and at what price? $13.99 member price or $19.99 everyone else?

OK first page does say Buy etc BY May 31st, just the learn more page says ON that date before 11:59pm.

I guess if you buy 2 SEs you can use club credits. I have 2 on my maybe list from April. Doesn't say how many you can buy for the free one(s).

I think I need sleep, or a brain implant.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 1, 11 1:34 AM
Aww Rebecca, my father's birthday was May 8th also. He died a year ago, and I will be very much remembering him on his day as I celebrate my day.

I read that you would receive your coupon code by email. This is in addition to the punch card credit from my understanding. Guess the mods will clear up all the questions surrounding it.

I enjoyed the last game and this one looks good too. Some items are a bit difficult to find, but I haven't used a hint yet. Have run across two puzzles so far, neither one gave me any difficulty. Giving it up for the night though, as I have had a long day...but did get to meet up and spent the evening with two buds that I met on Pogo back in 2006. We all used to meet everyday and chat in Heavenly Hogs, and it was fun to finally meet two of them in person. Off to get my beauty sleep. Y'all have fun

rifle100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rifle100 on May 1, 11 1:35 AM
Downloading the game now, awesome graphics!!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 11 1:41 AM
Belamba, it is a banner on the home page top FREE GAME GIVEAWAY and a button Learn More. Felix in his sun hat amongst the tulips. But learn more doesn't say much or prices. Maybe you just get one coupon for 1 CE (what price?) but if you buy 2 CEs the other would just start a new punch card, 3 punches still? and 3 more games to go as usual.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 1, 11 1:44 AM
puzzledone wrote:Belamba, it is a banner on the home page top FREE GAME GIVEAWAY and a button Learn More. Felix in his sun hat amongst the tulips. But learn more doesn't say much or prices. Maybe you just get one coupon for 1 CE (what price?) but if you buy 2 CEs the other would just start a new punch card, 3 punches still? and 3 more games to go as usual.

Hiya,
Nothing like that on my home page...I've been over it with fine tooth comb. Maybe it's because I didn't click on the pop up? Or is it because I block pop ups?
Thank you for your input :-)
Belamba

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 1:48 AM
puzzledone wrote:Belamba, it is a banner on the home page top FREE GAME GIVEAWAY and a button Learn More. Felix in his sun hat amongst the tulips. But learn more doesn't say much or prices. Maybe you just get one coupon for 1 CE (what price?) but if you buy 2 CEs the other would just start a new punch card, 3 punches still? and 3 more games to go as usual.

Stop puzzledone, I have brain mush now! ROFL! You have me confused not hard to do.LOL!
I too, saw the flash banner offer but it is now not showing up anywhere on my UK site. I have looked all over, including the home page. So is it only meant for US members again? Or is it that it is Sunday and it always takes time for things to settle, while the employees of BF sleep?

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on May 1, 11 1:59 AM
On the "more info" page, at the very bottom, it reads: Limit 1 free game per customer.

I'd imagine you would get your punches as per usual, but I might be mistaken.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 11 2:00 AM
puzzledone wrote:So, all I wanted to know was if I buy 2 CEs in May which was the plan to fill a card for one free game, would I get 2 free games for the 2 CEs or only one freebie to a customer, and at what price? $13.99 member price or $19.99 everyone else?

OK first page does say Buy etc BY May 31st, just the learn more page says ON that date before 11:59pm.

I read only 1 free game for a member.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 2:09 AM
Morning Dobbie, hope all is well with you. I still have the May Day holiday off tomorrow, OK?
Enjoy your day.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 11 2:24 AM
I don't see anything about per member. Mine says per customer. And we won't know what we got til first week of June email. Heck I still haven't received email confirms for the 2 SEs I bought yesterday with club credits.

Come to think of it I did see a big popup flash on then off when I came to Home page. Then saw the top banner. Maybe it will be announced in our Game Splash or Daily.

Heck, I was just coming back to find the WT for Shriver I bought before midnite, saw that ad and well....sidetracked again working on another BF mystery.

I have popup blocker on too, this was a "pop over" in front of the home page then disappeared before I could click on it for info.C onfused? Do popup blockers block plop overs?

Well I do remember one so called sale that wasn't a sale but the whoever playing with drafts hit the wrong button and the sale was no sale til the next week. What a fiasco. And the time the list of games on sale was wrong and kept changing before you could hit Buy LOL. Oh gawd I love this place, to err is sooooo way human. Snowshoes anyone? That was so funny. Well, after tromping all the way back to start in DG trying to figure where to use it and finding out it was an oops my bad. Sure made the game feel longer.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on May 1, 11 2:45 AM
Happy May Day Everyone.
I am interested in Bradalex comment about today's DD.
I have bought this game as well but am waiting for a fix to play the ending.
I have been checking for a fix for months now but have never come across one.
Very sad as it is a good game and a GREAT game to anyone that can play it all the wall through.
LOL
Hazel

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 11 3:00 AM
Well Hazel, if you can't find the missing girl in this case, may I suggest the Case of the Missing THING with Steve the Sheriff? It's a funny takeoff of all these detective stories, no missing boy, he's right there with his parents eating his pie to the end while the wife solves the clues for her ditz husband and you win cigars.

Oh oh, what game thread is this anyway? Now it is my missing brain again.

Those are my Other Comments since I haven't even demoed today's game, I mean TGT, no Review here disclaimer. Can't think of a new rant either. Now, how do I turn off this brain blocker and ?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 1, 11 3:07 AM
Peglegann, sorry about the "mush". This search for truth on sale followed my leading some fishies astray earlier mentioning the lottery. I said buy as many as you can before end of week Sat for more chances in the drawing. 2 asked what lottery, ummm sweepstakes, told them where to get info. Well, I looked myself for how long only to find that ended in Month of March. Madness?? No wonder I didn't win anything this month.

May Day!! May Day!!!! old lady down.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 1, 11 3:16 AM
belamba wrote:

Hiya,
Nothing like that on my home page...I've been over it with fine tooth comb. Maybe it's because I didn't click on the pop up? Or is it because I block pop ups?
Thank you for your input :-)
Belamba

Hi belamba - I didn't get anything like this either!! Just as confused as your are. All I get is the NEW50 for new customers. Very odd.......

And Felix is just felix - he ain't sittin amongst anything!!

Kel

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 3:18:10 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 11 3:19 AM
Kelvarda wrote:Hi belamba - I didn't get anything like this either!! Just as confused as your are. All I get is the NEW50 for new customers. Very odd.......

And Felix is just felix - he ain't sittin amongst anything!!

Kel
It's strange that there's nothing to find on this side. Only the pop-up.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 1, 11 3:47 AM
As this pop-up seems to have disappeared rather quickly, I'm wondering if it was released 'in error' (too early!) and has been withdrawn for a while. It's very strange that some have seen it (apparently the very early birds) and some of us haven't.

I wish a Mod would come into one of the threads and clear this up. There are some other's in the thread in CCC - GENEROUS BIG FISH - that haven't seen this 'apparition' either. I did wonder (and still am) whether this is another OS foul-up?

Kel

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 3:49:08 AM PST

Go to: