Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 1:41 AM
Hi puzzledone!

I think this may be about the third Alice in Wonderland game,
I have two of them:

Fiction Fixers 1: Alice in Wonderland and Alice in Wonderland

Now, I could be wrong because I thought there was one more but I couldn't find it!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 1:51 AM
Hey - does anybody think that since Princess Isabella is the CoW (catch of the week), this may mean the sequel is going to be released soon?

Oh, I do hope so, that first one was such a fun game! I even think I have already played that one twice...

ETA: Hi GoofyDuck! You are always generous...

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 1:52:03 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 3, 11 2:03 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there all,
Ooh, don't tell me that I have just enabled another HdO to gain access to my computer!! Thanks also for the heads-up amj.
Now I remember where I read the info - was in an article about the games they had developed and what was still on offer!!
Must try to locate it so I know what else is in store for the future.
Cheers

Hello Back at ya DragonLadyOZ!! I didn't see that note before - duh...

Well - you are to blame DragonLady. Who was it that said to me yesterday that they were doing this May game coupon special so that they could offer more HdO games and actually sucker us into buying a couple of them? Oh my, it was YOU!

I do believe that you jinxed us!!

shadowfax

Ditto what Shadowfax says.

Don't blame BFG, Blame DragonladyOz LOL

Still on the bright side 28 days to go !!!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 2:12 AM
TWO NEW SEQUELS I SEE ARE COMING:

Hidden Mysteries 5: Notre Dame Secrets of Paris (oh goody! {I think this is #5} I may be in a minority but I really like these games. They have evolved to keep up with my game tastes! and I always find the game play fun.)
and
Time Dreamer 2

I have no idea of the time frame for release of these - since I just heard about them it may be quite some time. It's still fun to think about them coming...

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 2:14:20 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 2:31 AM
Hi there,
Whilst I have a large enough backside to take on all responsibilities, I would like to say that the statements regarding me being responsible for the prolifigation of games by HdO are not true.
I prefer fantasy and sci-fi genres, not junk!!!
Cheers

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 3, 11 2:32 AM
The Fiction Fixer Alice I have, it's a good game. Not the one I'm thinking of that was so dark it was unplayable. Guess it wasn't this one, graphics look bright. Maybe it wasn't HdO as 2 from that dev came out same timeframe. All very dark scenes.

I was just googling this one, and it was part of a line up of 6 games to be released in 2010, Russian and French.

May as well go back and finish the Fiction Fixer one rather than waste time on another demo.

Got my fairy tale game of the month, Allora Broken Portal, anxious to get back to it too, just did the demo and bought.

So no, to stay on topic, I won't be taking a look at this one, will check it out when it's a DD (Daily Dud?) which shouldn't be long.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 3:04 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Whilst I have a large enough backside to take on all responsibilities, I would like to say that the statements regarding me being responsible for the prolifigation of games by HdO are not true.
I prefer fantasy and sci-fi genres, not junk!!!
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 3, 11 3:06 AM
puzzledone wrote:The Fiction Fixer Alice I have, it's a good game. Not the one I'm thinking of that was so dark it was unplayable. Guess it wasn't this one, graphics look bright. Maybe it wasn't HdO as 2 from that dev came out same timeframe. All very dark scenes.

I think I know what game you are talking about puzzledone except are you sure that it wasn't the Wizard of Oz that was the story in the game you mean? It was kind of dark and really fuzzy graphics and I couldn't play the thing.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on May 3, 11 3:23 AM
amj0963 wrote:the only thing i can say is i didn't get past the first hog scene before i deleted it.

when will hdo ever learn. they really need to step up and produce a little better quality game before i purchase. i was so disappointed too as i would love to have played it. i wouldn't even mind if it was a straight hog as sometimes they are relaxing but who can see the miniscule items. not me and i have a 24 inch monitor and bifocals.

i hope that someone enjoys the game though as it would have had a lot of promise.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on May 3, 11 3:25 AM
I lasted 2 minutes!!
Uninstalled it right away. BORING

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on May 3, 11 5:39 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:TWO NEW SEQUELS I SEE ARE COMING:

Hidden Mysteries 5: Notre Dame Secrets of Paris (oh goody! {I think this is #5} I may be in a minority but I really like these games. They have evolved to keep up with my game tastes! and I always find the game play fun.)
and
Time Dreamer 2

I have no idea of the time frame for release of these - since I just heard about them it may be quite some time. It's still fun to think about them coming...

Does anybody know how long we have to wait for the "Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight" and "Sherlock Holmes vs. .." sequels? I would like to save my punch card credits !

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 3, 11 6:10 AM
Poutoule wrote:Glad I learnt yesterday what an Hd0 is, otherwise would have been completly lost in "Your comments and reviews"....
Is there a thread about this 2 SE + 1 CE bought as I would like to know if that still goes on your punchcard and that you get as a favour an extra coupon as well ? I'm all messed up and don't quite get it.

Without anybody whipping me with wet noodles, may I say that I much more enjoyed "Mystery Chronicles-Betreyals of Love than "Woodo" ?

I haven't been to the bathroom yet and ,being a masochist, I'm downloading !

I secretly hoped F.A.C.E.S. would appear today........

I must not have been paying attention yesterday or reading the right posts...I still don't know what an Hd0 game is. Can someone tell me...is this the developer's name or a type of game?

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on May 3, 11 6:20 AM
HdO is a developer of colorful very oldfashioned and boring games!
But please, just try yourself.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 6:33:36 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 3, 11 7:20 AM
puzzledone i think you are thinking of the wizard of oz. it was horrible, small items and grainy scenes.

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

[Post New]by heartless500 on May 3, 11 7:21 AM
baglady159 wrote:
I must not have been paying attention yesterday or reading the right posts...I still don't know what an Hd0 game is. Can someone tell me...is this the developer's name or a type of game?

Hi Baglady - yes, HdO is a "developer" (and the term is used loosly in relation to them) of some rather unsatisfactory Hidden Object Games.

There was a rash of them not too long ago - several released in one week - and everyone was in an uproar over just how poor these games were - not much "developing" going on at HdO...

We (those of us that dont like the HdO games) had all hoped that had gotten the message that these were not very good games - ok for a soft release maybe, but the main release?? not so much.

About the only way to know if you might like the game is to try the free demo - just because some (most) dont like it, doesnt mean that you wont - everyone has different tastes.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 3, 11 7:41 AM
I found it more frustrating than anything else. And I do think it a lazy get out to find 13 Dais(y-ies) 10 White Butterfl(y-ies) 5 Orange Butterfl(y-ies) etc.

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!
Further along you have to find 5x jars of Mushroom jelly, 5 x jars of Pear Jelly, 5 x jars of Strawberry Jam, 5 x Jars of Peach, 5 x jars of Blackberry, 5 x jars of Orange Marmalade.
and on...and on....and on....

THEN CLICK ON:
DOORS
about 40 doors (find the 3 x Blue Doors, Find the 2x Green doors, find 3x White doors. Find the Armoured Door.

Pointless and even too silly to say 'Childish'!!

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 3, 11 9:50 AM
Thanks for the help on what Hd0 means. I found some talk about it on another string and that helped too. Not even going to try it after reading the "spoiler" from Kelvarda. Doesn't sound like anything that would challenge me. I want to go places and do lots of things and work puzzles...you know....like the Puppet Show series and Dire Grove. Those kind of games that keep this old retired mind working just like I want them too. Oops, didn't mean my mind was retired but me that was retired...

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 3, 11 12:01 PM
HdO = No buy from me. The enlarged screen is a step in the right direction, but just a baby step. This being said, unless you have limited downloads you might want to try it rather than take my word for it

[Post New]by luinar on May 3, 11 12:48 PM
I could not get on here fast enough to tell BFG to stop buying Hdo's games until they get some new schtick...

Seriously. I had just DL the game and had opened it to play, saw the Hdo logo and immediately shut it down and deleted the trial.

I will never ever EVER buy a Hdo game. They are awful.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 3, 11 11:55 PM
Hi there,
Update on HdO. Anuman Interactive is the publisher and Solilabs is the developer of the HdO series.
According to their website "Anuman is a leading French publisher and developer of video games and interactive entertainment products. Established in 2000, the company has a dedicated team that creates, publishes and develops high quality games and products such as HdO Adventure, For Dummies, on multiple platforms with worldwide distribution. "
If you click on the Partners tab BFG is listed as a distribution partner (not sure of the date though).
Apparently they have many games in store for us - dating back as far as 2009!! We have had 5 so far I think - maybe 6 including this one....so more to come.
Want more "bad" news - they have acquired the Microids brand. This was the company responsible for the Syberia games ....... so who knows what, if ever, the third instalment might be like!!
BTW, I thought I would actually trial this game seeing as how I had DLd it before I "knew" to see what it was like, but after being asked for numerous butterfly/ies of various colours, I gave it the "still no go there".
Cheers.

Go to: