Re:Post any Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife technical issues here only

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 4, 11 8:52 AM
grammyapples wrote:Received "error access" and game shut down at Bankers House during the key puzzle scene.
My game also shut down. Got the access error and when I went back into the game, my progress was gone. Even my name was gone. Not a buy for me.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 4, 11 8:55 AM
bnbme90 wrote:I can't figure out how to get past the concierge in the hotel level help?

Use your book of matches on the small smoke alarm over the door to your left over the door to the back of the check in desk.

[Post New]by girouard347 on May 4, 11 12:51 PM
grammyapples wrote:Received "error access" and game shut down at Bankers House during the key puzzle scene.

The very same thing happened to me.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 4, 11 1:14 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for reporting the technical issues that you've encountered when opening or playing Detective Agency 2: Banker's Wife and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I wanted to include links for a couple help article that may come in handy for these errors:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

If the trouble persists, please be sure to contact our Customer Support team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can gather information about the types of systems that are being affected. If there are any trends, they'll then be able to share this information with the game's developers.

Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks and hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 4, 11 2:18 PM
My game worked OK for the 15 mins I played it. Not my cup of tea so I exited.

And found that it had re-written part of my desktop - moving icons all over the place.

I seriously HATE games that do that. Why on earth would I purchase a game that moves my desktop icons every time I exit the game?

Even if it was a fabulous game, which is most definitely is not, I wouldn't buy it for this reason alone.

Sierraspun
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Sierraspun on May 4, 11 3:20 PM
Yet another game with the "Not optimal resolution error; 1920 x 1200 recommended resolution." Neither game in the Detective Agency series will let me play because of this. I've read on other forums that this is a specific problem to Samsung monitors, but there are plenty of BF games that I can play without this annoying error, so as my video card is up to date, I suspect that the culprit has to do with the coding in the games. These large screen monitors (mine is 24") are becoming more and more popular, so I'd think the game developers would make sure the games would run under all resolutions. It's just a case of two more games I can't play, so I won't be buying this one.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on May 4, 11 7:05 PM
I have gotten an 'access denied' message twice in the same location. It is at the end of the level in the office when he is going to investigate the crash site. Since I have already purchased this game, I hope this will be fixed soon so I can continue playing.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 4, 11 7:42 PM
Tried it out on Vista - all the relevant bits and pieces are updated and current.

The game had a sticky cursor for me. I would click on items and either nothing would happen, or it would jump to the next bit, e. g. there would be a brief flash of what I'm guessing were instructions on the scene, when I opened the safe in the first office scene I went to click on an object in it, but I never saw the object picked up and then the scene went back to me looking at the closed safe across the room. I wasn't double-clicking or clicking out of the scenes.

This post is just a FYI - I'm deleting the game after 4 minutes of play.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on May 4, 11 9:25 PM
haggishead wrote:game froze inside banker's house at keys puzzle. had to ctrl/alt/del to get out of it.

I had the same problem! I had to "hard boot" my computer to restart it. -- ctrl-alt-del didn't even work.

Orbie1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Orbie1 on May 5, 11 5:34 AM
The game froze on me to. I only played like 20 minutes of it before it froze on me. Then when I attempted to restart it , the game did not save any of my previous work. So save yourself the time and do not try this game.

can't open the notebook

[Post New]by canadianyay on May 5, 11 4:16 PM
Installed fine on my Windows 7 laptop, and played the first screen well. Could not open the notebook to verify the address in the second scrren.

ghstmyst
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ghstmyst on May 5, 11 7:27 PM
My computer also froze at the banker's house on the key puzzle. I also had to alt/ctrl/del just to get out of the game. Way too much trouble.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on May 5, 11 10:04 PM
I got through the 1st level just fine, but when it took me to the next one, I clicked on the hat and then some gray thing draped over it so I cannot get on that level. I had to do the Ctrl+Alt+Delete and quit the game and went back in, it had not saved my progress. So I played the 1st level again and same thing happened. Couldn't continue. It's a no buy for me either.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on May 5, 11 11:43 PM
another game with no game cursor so cannot play.... can't buy a game if you can't play it.

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on May 6, 11 11:10 AM
My game also frose up in Chap.2 (5 Weisman Street). Gad ti ctrl, alt,dele to get out of it!

[Post New]by Islandphish on May 7, 11 4:24 AM
In full screen mode, the screen is offset to the right, cutting off approximately 2 inches of screen and leaving an equivalent blank on the left. I can play in non-full screen mode, but would prefer full screen. No other problem with the game so far, but I haven't been able to find how to correct this problem in your "Help" pages. Please advise.

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on May 7, 11 11:33 AM
I have deleted and reloaded, but still have game open up to a black screen and a red cursor.

[Post New]by Isis56lpn on May 7, 11 5:29 PM
My game keeps freezing up won't let me go to new location...HELP

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on May 9, 11 9:44 AM
Ok so when I click Play now the game goes Full Screen... but it's a Black Screen and nothing happens... then when I go back to see what's the problem I see there's a window that says Run Windowed Now? And there's an Yes or No Choice to make.. I click No.. and there's an Error.. so I restart the game try click Yes this time.. and still nothing is happening.. I tried to adjust the Resolution in my screen but that didn't work either.

This is a no buy for me...

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on May 10, 11 10:01 AM
It looks like a lot of problems with the Banker's house. I too have completed everything and have the keys and business card. The passport disappeared after I read it and I went nowhere. I can only go back and forth from the house to the yard and no further. Unfortunately I have bought the game and am stuck. It looks like there is no response to this problem even though the complaints started 5 days ago. I am not happy when the developers do not stand behind their games. That means a no buy in the future.

Go to: