Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 4, 11 1:39 PM
Well, I stated in the Review thread, that I would give this another chance, and download it to my XP PC, and play the full demo again. Unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen. Yes, I downloaded it, Yes, I started to play it, but I can't quite get the screen resolution right!! It's 'stuck' right at the top of my monitor, and when I first got into the game to play it, it was v e r y weird. Like a 'split screen' where the bottom half of the game is showing twice.

I also knew something was desperately wrong when the 'wheels' of James' car entered the screen before the rest of the body! and any button I needed to click on was about 1 inch below where it actually was (like an invisible ghost), and I'm afraid I had to come out of it without playing it again.

I do not, for one moment, think that it is the 'game' that is at fault, as it played faultlessly on my Vista laptop. I think it's my poor old XP PC and it's video card/chip capabilities. This is just one of many games I can no longer play on this poor old PC.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on May 5, 11 3:58 AM
Just adding the comment again.. for anyone playing-demoing this game with issues update your Java, Adobe (both flash and shockwave) and direct X directly from each site. It should fix any lag, cursor, loading issues. I had it where I couldn't even play the 1st one that I finished and it ran fine months ago. Updating these things and drivers is crucial to games running on any computer! I run XP and have no problems running games. Only 2 so far have ever been unfixable in over 300 bought and probably twice that tried..

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on May 6, 11 4:37 PM
I would be careful downloading this game. Not only did it freeze on me (see my report under technical threads), when I tried to get out of it, my whole taskbar was gone except the start button. Was able to shut down normally. When I booted up again, a program came up that my computer quarantined & I was able to get rid of it. This is the first BF game I have had trouble with (and I have bought many)!

Go to: