sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sinshack on May 5, 11 2:13 AM
AvgSpock wrote:Comment:........................I hope that it's long enough. That's the only thing I think could put a real kink in the armor for me with this one. Not enough to stop me from getting this game but it might persuade me to wait for the SE instead.

Enjoy Fishies

So far I've been playing an hour and a half, and I'm still in the first chapter!!! And that's on Casual mode! I think this will be one of the very long CEs for most of us.

ETA: I was actually into chapter 2 at that point without realizing it, but it will still be a very long game for me.

BTW, you know how some games put up a message "Location complete" or something similar when you finish everything in one scene, so you don't have to keep going back when there's nothing left to do? You are going to LOVE how this developer "completes" one location!!! You'll know what I mean when you get that far....

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 2:50:57 AM PST

flekoun
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by flekoun on May 5, 11 2:30 AM
That's a realy nice game. Nice graphics and fantastic gameplay. It will take some time finish this one. There is a lot of HOGs on BFG these days and I love them. However I am already a bit tired playing the same mechanics all over so I tried some TM games and I must say that I like it very much! I tried Dragon Keeper ( http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/12373/dragon-keeper/index.html ) which was released yesterday and its a refreshing change to play something different.

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 2:30:34 AM PST

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 5, 11 2:31 AM
Thanks so much for the length of game tip sinshack

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 5, 11 2:42 AM
This is one of the BEST HOG ever! I really really enjoyed every games from this dev, i did i really really enjoy The Void and i have high expectations of this game. anyway, this game is much more better than The Void (which i think is the BEST already!).

This one is MUST HAVE for all HOGfans...

PS. BFG did bring two great games in a row, yesterday Dragon Keeper is a great TM and today a new brilliant CE HOG

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 11 2:55 AM
Oh happy day ... Casual Advanced and Hard modes and not a sparkle to be seen in the latter two .

THANK YOU ELEPHANT GAMES

Well this is my sort of game and I am loving it and the only negative thing I can say about it is that I wish the graphics had been a little bit crisper instead of having that slightly blurry quality to them.

I think I will need quite a few pairs of Goofy's sneakers for this game as I keep finding places where I need to use objects but not the objects to use . Mind you I was playing under a handicap ... there was a voice constantly talking to me about trivialities (to me) and they kept breaking my concentration . On the other hand it got me a mask for taking 10 minutes on a hidden object scene .

Apart from the Mask awards ... now that I think of it I didn't notice anywhere in the bonus section where you can view these at the end of the game ... someone please correct me if I am wrong. Sorry I digressed , what I was going to say was that apart from the masks I do like having to find 50 secret items and I think this adds to the fun of the game .

I was intrigued to see that there was a Knowledge Test included in the extras so it looks like we should take detailed notes as we go so that we don't come down with an attack of CRS immediately after we have finished .

From what I have seen so far this game looks like it is going to be well worth being released as a Collectors Edition.

Cherb

ETA ...

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT GAME AND IT IS WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY (OR DOLLAR ) OF IT'S CE PRICE.

The main game has given me HOURS of enjoyment and the bonus play finished the game off perfectly and I experienced the same feeling playing this as I did RTR when that came out and I said that should be game of the year ... which it was.

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 9:15:09 AM PST

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on May 5, 11 3:09 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Apart from the Mask awards ... now that I think of it I didn't notice anywhere in the bonus section where you can view these at the end of the game
Cherb

There's an Achievements button on the main menu. That is an orange sign in the corner. All the rewards are innumerated there.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 5, 11 3:41 AM

Thanks sinshack, loved your review.

I haven’t tried the game yet, but you review has convinced me I should.

I must be the lone cowboy here, because when I read the words “Mystery Trackers” in the game title I though “Mmm that name rings a bell “ and sure enough I discovered I bought the Void in December but I couldn’t remember anything about it, so I played it for an hour before I looked at the forum, so I could re-aquaint myself with the developer.

Well as I said I must be the Lone cowboy here, because I wasn’t impressed with the Void, too many HOG scenes for my liking, and the story lacked cohesion.

I'm hoping this game is a step up and judging by sinshack’s review, it looks like it is.

Here’s hoping!!!

Having said that I really enjoyed Hallowed Legends Samhain, but I waited for the S/E version.

Jojo

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on May 5, 11 3:43 AM
Thanks for all the great reviews - looks like my only decision will be CE or SE

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on May 5, 11 3:53 AM
Great game! Much better than the Void. I love the fact that you can choose from three modes to play (casual, advanced, expert). After thirty of minutes of play, I have only run into one HOG scene. I played in advanced mode (no sparkles!) and the tools that are scattered throughout are well hidden, but not too hard to find. The hint and skip buttons recharge rather quickly, which is nice. The hint button works not only in the hidden object scene, but also in the general game areas so you don't have to wander aimless if you don't choose to. There is video interspersed which kept me interested. I usually wait for the SE versions to come out, but I may have to buy this one!!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 5, 11 3:57 AM
Oh My!!! Oh my!! I am so excited to wake up this morning to sewt his game...i really, really liked The Vid & the length was great too....I hope this one is just as awesome....I will be sure to tell...this is going to be my game that I buy with the special BF is having now!!! I love mornings like this...today is gonna be a good day!!!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 5, 11 3:58 AM
I will defer to the reviews already posted that have so eloquently described the game play, options, etc...

I will just add a few comments of my own about my impressions:

The game is great so far, I loved The Void and this one seems to be even better with more "stuff" like bonus items to find and excerpt videos of game play - very cool - and so far there are several areas open to explore already and lots to do.

I love that my little frog buddy is back to help me this time but I kind of miss his little croaks - I know that drove people nuts in The Void but I liked it. Remember in The Void when they let you play with dynamite and then they also let you use the flame thrower? Well, here in Raincliff they gave me a loaded shotgun and I was instantly in game playing nirvana in search of what I got to shoot!! I cannot wait to see what they let me do next and I am off to discover it right now!!

If you love IHOGs and liked The Void, then you will love this one and this month you cannot go wrong buying the CE. You pay the CE price and get this game & a coupon for another game - what's to lose??

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 4:01:27 AM PST

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on May 5, 11 4:20 AM
I just finished the demo and i have to say i loved it. The start reminds me a lot of dire grove with the car and the hidden object scene in the trunk, and also the missing students.

I really like when there are accomplishments to achieve and that you can look for the 50 frogs i think it adds alot extra to the game.

I had no problems finding any of the objects, nothing too small that i wished i had a magnifying glass lol.

I really really like this game, a definite purchase here. Cant wait to get started on it, the only negative for me is, it will have to wait until the morning as its almost 11:30pm here haha

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on May 5, 11 4:24 AM
I haven't started playing yet so can't review but for me, the fact that there are 3 different modes means that I can get 3 bites at the cherry with this game. I usually play casual first and then in a week or two, once I've forgotten most of the details, play the advanced mode. With this game, I'll be able to do this for a third time. Thanks developers for making this game so flexible.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on May 5, 11 4:39 AM
I am downloading this game right now,did not realize that it would be such a large file. I hope that it is as good as the Void. Can't wait to play.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on May 5, 11 5:19 AM
Fantastic game! The hint frog was great because I don't think I could have gotten through the game without him. Not too many hidden object scenes, and challenging puzzles. Thank goodness you can skip the puzzles if you want, because I'm not the most patient person when it comes to those. Took me around 5 hours to complete the entire game, including the bonus content, but it could easily have taken several more if I hadn't skipped some of the puzzles. I would love to see more from this developer.

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on May 5, 11 5:30 AM
Goofy, I knew you weren't intending for me to delete my post - I was just trying to be helpful. When you put so much effort into your fabulous reviews, I can understand how frustrating it is to a) not have enough room in one post to say all you need to and b) have to wait before you can post the second half! If I'd realised you'd posted half, I'd have waited to post myself. Just one of those things, don't fret over it! I can't even remember what I said, so it can't have been that interesting

I loved the 40 minutes that I played of the game and downloaded the whole kit and kaboodle and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it tomorrow (bedtime here for me in Aus!). I've opted for the hard mode but may rethink that as it really is hard!

Goofy, thank you for your obvious concern but please don't worry, I knew no offence was intended - enjoy the game and keep those great reviews coming!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 5, 11 5:38 AM
I just wanted to give an update so you can get an estimate of the game length. I've been playing continually for 5 hours, and I'm into Chapter 7. I think I am at about page 64 of the Strategy Guide, but I'm sure I missed a few things because the SG is telling me to use something I don't have, so I've got some more running around to do.

I'm guessing another 2 hours to finish the regular game (8 chapters) so that's a total of 7 hours for the regular part of the game. I have no guess on the length of the Bonus chapter.

I am playing in Casual mode, which means I get the sparkles and quick hint recharge. There were a couple of times that I relied heavily on the hint to remind me where something I just found cold be used - as you get further into the game more locations open up, and you can still access most of the other locations, so it gets confusing!!

If you play in Advanced or (God forbid!!) Hard mode, your time could be much longer. I'm a "middle" player - I'm usually not one of the fastest or slowest.

ps. I'm having so much fun playing with the (highlight to read) TIGER that I don't want to solve that little problem. It's nice that some of the cutscenes like this one can be replayed.

Dang, I have to take a shower & get dressed so I can go shopping and meet the Red Hats for a Cinco de Mayo luncheon. Do you think they would understand if I am late if I tell them what I was doing instead of getting ready???

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 5, 11 6:11 AM
Holy smoke sinshack!! This game is really that long? I am so glad I bought the CE then! I am playing in Advanced mode - I like knowing the option of skipping mini games is there - it takes the pressure off (lol) and that is the only difference between advanced mode and hard mode. So, I imagine it may even take me a bit longer! I will say however, that I am not having any problems yet with getting stuck or lost (knocking on wood though).

Maybe the Red Hats could just have an extra Margarita or two - then they would probably forgive you for anything...!

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 6:12:38 AM PST

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 5, 11 6:19 AM
Thanks so much sinshack!! Long game!! Am so excited to play this game! Of course today is a day I'll be working soon but tomorrow is a day off and will put it to good use (? ) playing this. Have to say again...thanks so much for coming back Goofyduck...reallly missed you and your sneakers.

Edited on 05/05/2011 at 6:20:22 AM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on May 5, 11 6:56 AM
Cryssie64 wrote:Sorry I chopped you Goofyduck, I took my post out so yours isn't quite so split up! Maybe Streifenbarbe would be kind and do the same! I don't know how to just move the posts, unfortunately!

Welcome to the pond Cryssie! While you can't "move" your posts, you could click on "edit" on the post you want to move, then copy it. After that, delete the post, then click on "reply" and paste in your post and click "post reply.". All comments and reviews are valuable here! GoofyDuck was just expressing frustration because you can't post immediately--you have to wait. That keeps some folks from doing too much posting too fast in some threads and the down side is that the review gets "separated."

Excellent review as always GoofyDuck! And Sinshack you are contributing lots of good comments and reviews!

@megwoman25 I also use both mac and pc and wish the mac games came out at the same time! But things have been steadily improving on the mac scene--just not as fast as I'd like, so I usually end up buying the pc version of CEs!

This game is a definite buy for me for all the reasons already listed--and even though I already bought a CE this month! Oh well, not all bad--that will make 6 punches for me so will add up to two free games for this month!

Go to: