Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

Re:key code at the bank

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 6, 11 8:48 PM
wunder wrote:
prpldva wrote:Referring to the guide hanging from the key card-

Numbers you need: 3 8 2 5
If you look at the code card, you see in Line 6 that there is a 3 there. If you hit the "6" repeatedly, it will first display a 3, then 5, then 4, then 3 again. So hit the 6 until it becomes a 4 AND STOP! Next time you hit the "6", you will get the 1st needed number - 3. So don't hit it again!

Now hit the 7 until it displays a 6 AND STOP! Next time you hit the "7", you will get the 2nd number needed - 8.

Now hit the 5 until it displays a 6 AND STOP! Next time you hit the 5, you will get the 3rd number needed - 2.

Now hit the 1 until it displays a 9 AND STOP! Next time you hit the 1, you will get the 4th number needed - 5.

Look at your display - if there are any zeroes left in the line, just hit the 8 until the entire display is 0000. The display has to be at 0000 so when you hit the correct numbers, your needed code will be there. You can use any number EXCEPT FOR THE 6, 7, 5, AND 1 TO FILL UP THE LINE.

Now hit the numbers 6, 7, 5, 1. The needed number, 3825, should appear.

Hope this helps. Since I had already hit all the numbers at least once or twice, this method worked for me. Happy Gaming and best of luck!!

Wunder,
Thank you so much for your version on how to get the key code. I had been trying for quite a long time to do it the way the strategy guide said to no avail (I even had it correct at one point and it didn't take Also had it happen on the puzzle door before you get to the bus) I hate to skip puzzles and just needed that little extra help.
Thanks again! Have a Great Weekend Fishies

rauk
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by rauk on May 7, 11 1:32 AM
wunder wrote:

The first time you press the 1, you will see a 4, the second time you will see a 1, the third time a 9 will show. If you were to press it again you would see the 5 , but don;t press it yet.

The other three numbers in the code -382 can be seen by pressing the 6-7-3 buttons once, but since we need to clear the numbers seen by pressing the 1 three times, press any numbers except 6-7-3-1 to set the keypad back to zeros.

If you have pressed any of these buttons (6731), you must reset them using the process in step one. For instance, if the first time you press 6, a 5 appears, press the 6 twice more plus another number that is not 6-7-3-1. This means, the next time you press 6, you will get a 3.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, prpldva! Finally got my mind wrapped around this and it worked.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR CODE

If you look at the code card, you see in Line 6 that there is a 3 there. If you hit the "6" repeatedly, it will first display a 3, then 5, then 4, then 3 again. So hit the 6 until it becomes a 4 AND STOP! Next time you hit the "6", you will get the 1st needed number - 3. So don't hit it again!

Now hit the 7 until it displays a 6 AND STOP! Next time you hit the "7", you will get the 2nd number needed - 8.

Now hit the 5 until it displays a 6 AND STOP! Next time you hit the 5, you will get the 3rd number needed - 2.

Now hit the 1 until it displays a 9 AND STOP! Next time you hit the 1, you will get the 4th number needed - 5.

Look at your display - if there are any zeroes left in the line, just hit the 8 until the entire display is 0000. The display has to be at 0000 so when you hit the correct numbers, your needed code will be there. You can use any number EXCEPT FOR THE 6, 7, 5, AND 1 TO FILL UP THE LINE.

Hope this helps. Since I had already hit all the numbers at least once or twice, this method worked for me. Happy Gaming and best of luck!!

what wunder said worked perfectly for me!!!!!!!!!!!i passed

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 7, 11 10:51 AM
Big YEEKS and also THANKS to prpldva and wunder

I too am stuck at this puzzle but am about to go back in and try your tips

I'm also sorry that you both probably won't be in the forums tomorrow as you're both attending annual MENSA meetings. You both are scary smart.

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 7, 11 11:26 AM
Back in to say thanks again to prpldva and wunder. It took a while but I passed this evil puzzle with your tips. Was tricky tho...even with the hints and I'm still sitting here thinking you both must have brains too big for your heads.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on May 7, 11 6:14 PM
wunder wrote:

The first time you press the 1, you will see a 4, the second time you will see a 1, the third time a 9 will show. If you were to press it again you would see the 5 , but don;t press it yet.

The other three numbers in the code -382 can be seen by pressing the 6-7-3 buttons once, but since we need to clear the numbers seen by pressing the 1 three times, press any numbers except 6-7-3-1 to set the keypad back to zeros.

If you have pressed any of these buttons (6731), you must reset them using the process in step one. For instance, if the first time you press 6, a 5 appears, press the 6 twice more plus another number that is not 6-7-3-1. This means, the next time you press 6, you will get a 3.

I hope this helps.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR CODE

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on May 7, 11 6:17 PM
wunder THANK YOU I never would have figured this out, couldn't understand it when the first person figured it out,needed a bit more explanation and you walked us thru it step by step. First try with your instructions and it worked. Big relief the skip makes me nervous if game will mess up, so I try to solve puzzles more.

Twrexx
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Twrexx on May 8, 11 2:04 AM
I was having the same problem everyone else was having with the keypad puzzle. Just wanted to let you know that wunder's "Major Spoiler" below works perfectly and he is now my new best friend. It's 2 am. and I was going batty trying to understand the totally inadequate strategy guide.

I'm playing on Hard mode so there's no skipping puzzles. I've gone through the whole game to this point without using the SG, so it was disheartening when I couldn't understand it. Glad I'm not the only one!

This is really a great game. Best one since Dire Grove and Return to Ravenhearst. Creepy too!

Thanks again, wunder!

Twrexx

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 9, 11 2:59 AM
just want to say big thank you for the help on this one oh yes yes i got the darn thing yahoooooooooooooo, now off to bed will play more later super game.keep them comeing. take care fishes & have a great day

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on May 9, 11 6:20 PM
thanks so much, it worked, but HOW did you figure it out? what is the logic behind this solution?

Boopersgid
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Boopersgid on May 23, 11 2:58 PM
I just kept pressing 6-3-2-1 after I cleared it to 0000 and it finally just open, much to my surprise.

bren1joy1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bren1joy1 on May 25, 11 4:02 AM
wunder wrote:

I hope this helps.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR CODE

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jun 4, 11 7:55 PM
Thank you wunder and prpldva! I could have NEVER figured this one out! The stradegy guide and then the walkthrough for the SE made no sense to me. And I still don't understand why this works, even though I did it. If you punch in the numbers in the guide, it does not work. Anyway I am sooooo thankful for the help.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 4, 11 10:20 PM
tehi wrote:Big YEEKS and also THANKS to prpldva and wunder

I'm also sorry that you both probably won't be in the forums tomorrow as you're both attending annual MENSA meetings. You both are scary smart.

completely agree. And to the fishies that could work it out with their help - you are mensa as well. I had to give it to my husband who understood after he read prpldva and wunder posts. I just didn't get this AT ALL even after explanations.

[Post New]by rinty8294 on Jun 6, 11 2:25 AM
Thank you for the solution to the bank code, can finally move on - Rinty

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Jun 7, 11 10:11 AM
Thank you Wunder.Thanks to you I was able to salvage a bit of my sanity for today!

[Post New]by wanaboceanside on Jun 30, 11 10:24 PM
after many attempts at trying to put the numbers in from the SG this screen froze. I cannot do anything! the number pad is frozen and accepts nothing. anyone know how I can fix this. I love this game and am playing in the hard mode, so can't skip it. HELP!!

moojelly
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by moojelly on Jul 8, 11 9:16 AM
oh wunder thank you SO much!!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Mar 20, 12 12:02 AM
Thanks ever so much prpldva & wunder. You just saved me from having a major episode of increased female pattern balding and flair up of plaque psoriasis on my scalp.

After trying to solve this crazy puzzle, following your instructions got me through the first try. It's a freakin' miracle!

[Post New]by NurseJeni on Oct 16, 12 1:37 AM
A big thanks to both prpldva and wunder (I'm usually pretty good at the puzzles but this one had me stumped even with prpldva's post). Finally got it though with wunders post. Am playing on hard mode so skipping wasn't an option. Thanks again.

Go to: