Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Rescue Team

[Post New]by Csustar on May 6, 11 1:07 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!
Finally another game similar to MKFTP. I loved that game, royal envoy, etc. You definitely have to strategize and run, run, run to get gold, but if it was too easy, there would be little replayability as much. (did that make sense? probably didn't spell it right either....)
Anyway, I was so excited to see it and that they are still thinking about us TM'ers.
Bought it right away and have gold 1 through 5, and just mili-second away from gold on level 6.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 6, 11 1:21 PM
I can never seem to get enough of these games! This one is no Royal Envoy, but it is right up there with The Timebuilders, My Kingdom for a Princess and Roads of Rome.

The graphics on this one are a little fuzzier than with the others mentioned above. The storyline is still interesting. It would have been nice to be able to purchase the workers instead of having a set limit already. Also, until you get use to the look of all the buildings, it can be difficult because they all look the same so it takes a couple of seconds to get oriented as to where to go. I like the addition of being able to upgrade the house like I want. Definitely a buy for me. Thanks BF! Keep 'em comin'!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 6, 11 1:22 PM
Daisy_May wrote:Or... could you be accidentally double clicking on Play instead of single clicking and the second click starting it off?

Hm, looks like I did exactly that. I'll have to take away that negative point, you can really plan ahead. Thanks for pointing that out.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 6, 11 3:23 PM
You're welcome, glad it's working for you now, but I guess that could make it even more of a buy or don't buy dilemma for you

ETA By the end of the demo hour I had only reached level 6 and was still working on gold for level 5 so it will certainly have plenty of gameplay for me when I am ready to buy it.

Edited on 05/06/2011 at 3:25:44 PM PST

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on May 6, 11 4:32 PM
I played this on another site and am thrilled to see it here. I bought immediately!

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on May 6, 11 4:36 PM
This is a no buy for me. First IMO it is just like MKFP. Also, you can't chain your workers. I will say the graphics are great but I will pass on this one.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 6, 11 11:47 PM
Thanks for the great comments and reviews.
Great to know we always get to finish each level, no 'kill' timer. I still have flashbacks to the MKFTP dragon and the voice shouting at me to hurry, night is coming!
I read on another site there are 60 levels. A nice length, unlike Island Tribe and Jack of All Tribes which definitely are shorter.
I enjoyed the trial. Now I'm off to BUY. Happy Gaming to Everyone!

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 10:34:01 AM PST

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on May 7, 11 8:26 AM
Yaaaayyy Rescue Team - I love this game (played it elsewhere :whistle BUT didn't buy it

I enjoy trying to beat my record on silver to gold so of course this will be a buy for me... I love the little guys and the helicopter etc

Different strokes for different folks I suppose but this kind I like - the Dash series I hate weird

Game Clock Speed for Rescue Team

[Post New]by beverley1603 on May 7, 11 10:35 AM
I too am finding that there isn't enough time to complete the level and achieve Gold.
Come on BFG, give us some more time.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 7, 11 10:41 AM
I love this game! The graphics are great, the game play is absolute fun and you won't hear me complaining about another one of those great building-TM-strategy games 'cause I love them! & this is a good one!
Thank you very much BigFishGames for another great game.
Alawar also published a great game called "the joy of farming" lately - very addictive and fun as well - hope you'll sell it soon too!

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on May 7, 11 6:49 PM
its funny i dont like mkfp but every game that has been said to be like it i do like. im trying it now and i have a feeling its gonna be a by based on your reviews thanks guys!

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on May 8, 11 5:03 AM
Yeah, the clock is a bit too fast (for me anyway ) and I would love to chain tasks (Roads of Rome etc) but it is so nice to see one of my now favorite genres again!

I will get frustrated, i am sure, but soooo nice to have a TM/Strategy I love again

And I agree with what a previous poster said.....cannot do the "Dash" type games, but these are great!

Anyone with any pointers on how to get gold..... we are all "ears"

[Post New]by yaraisgaming on May 8, 11 12:43 PM
Really nice game . But I agree it's too hard to get gold, even in the lower levels. So I'm now trying to play the whole game and then later go back for gold. Must be good for hours of pleasure (and frustration )!

[Post New]by yaraisgaming on May 8, 11 3:49 PM
Now I have played this game for a while, I must say that the only real challenge seems to be to do al the levels in time and get the gold. All the levels are more or less the same and if you don't mind the time they are pretty (too?) easy to do. Maybe this is a challenge for the lovers of real TM-games, but I miss the strategy challenge as in MKTP, Roads of Rome and Royal Envoy.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 8, 11 6:01 PM
I thought this game was ok...but it was a little boring. I do like the idea of the theme though. I agree that the fast clock doesn't make this game better either...Maybe that's why it was boring...you never feel that you will obtain that gold...

Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

[Post New]by Hey_j on May 9, 11 4:33 PM
I love it! I've become a fan of this type of Roads of Rome/My Kingdom for the Princess -type of games and this one is right up those alleys with a change of scenery I'm not unhappy with!

I've been having lots of fun going over each level till I get the gold trophies!! Highly recommend it if you are into this type of game!!

janice

[Post New]by MsBored1983 on May 9, 11 4:37 PM
HI there, I only read the first page of comments and I do have to agree that this is a challenging game, however, when I played it as a demo my progress was saved, but after purchasing the game I have now discovered that my progress on the game isn't saved at all!!!!

I was a bit disappointed 'cos I had managed to get gold in the first 11 levels (took me a few attempts) and now I have to start from the beginning.

Has anyone else noticed this problem??????

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on May 9, 11 4:55 PM
I love this game and played through it twice already! It's kinda similar to Roads to Rome and My Kingdom for a Princess which I enjoyed. It's also not hard and no problem to get all expert, prefer something fun rather than frustrating. Hope the devs are reading this and make another game.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on May 10, 11 4:30 AM
I bought this game because I am sick of all the HOG. This game isn't all different from other games and I completed the game but my house is still not all fixed in this game. Perhaps the mayor will reward me by fixing the rest of my house. A good game and the one thing I liked about this game is you can play at your own pace. The only thing is you won't have enough to fix your house at the end, but I really liked that this game is not timed.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 10, 11 12:35 PM

metmichallica wrote:
The only thing is you won't have enough to fix your house at the end, but I really liked that this game is not timed.

It's an incentive for earning the gold trophies. I believe you earn $5,000 for gold, $1,000 for silver and a wooden nickle for bronze. If you earn several gold trophies, you'll have plenty of money to restore your house.

Go to: