sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Snark Busters: All Revved Up

[Post New]by sinshack on May 7, 11 5:49 AM
I downloaded the trial so I could play 5 minutes just to make sure it worked on my computer. Five minutes later I closed the game so I could buy it, only to find that half an hour had passed! And it wasn't the demo giving me a short time - I checked my watch and the wall clock, and I really had been playing for 30 minutes.

There are several excellant reviews so far, so I'll just say that this is a colorful, lighthearted game with plenty of humor and lots of things to do. I purchased it with my monthly membership credit and I figured I'd better post my review now rather than waiting an hour, because with this game it would mean I wouldn't get around to posting for days!

Not sure on the lenght, of course, but I expect many hours will pass before I come up for air. That's NOT a good thing - I have the family coming to my house for Mother's Day tomorrow so my Mom doesn't have to cook, and my kitchen is currently a complete disaster because we are half way through cleaning out a couple of cupboards.

ETA: I forgot to mention the only thing that irritates me about the game - no voice-overs. It really needs voices, at least when the reporter speaks.

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 6:11:48 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 7, 11 6:05 AM
This is another great installment in the series. As previously stated, this go around the main character is a race car driver and I like the fact that has a new hero. Jessica Marrey does returns as the news woman however, so there is a familiar face.

This is a light-hearted frog with plenty of laughs. It's on the easy side with plenty of fast recharging hints available for those who want or need them as well as lots of text hints. It's meant to be pure entertainment and it has plenty of that. While most of the puzzles won't prove to be much of a problem, there are some tricky ones. Need to add - LARGE SPIDER ALERT for the arachnophobes. There are a few.

There is only the one mode of play, but it took me 5.5 hours to complete the game without using any hints and without skipping any puzzles. The graphics are clear and clolorful, the music is snappy, the story is original and refreshing, and the puzzles are amusing, so I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, because there were a couple of things that were a bit touchy that if done a little out of the normal sequence created little glitches that could eventually be overcome, but were uncalled for.

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 3:12:54 PM PST

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on May 7, 11 6:08 AM
I've been playing it for several hours and I love it, love it, LOVE IT! I've still got a way to go to finish it. Every bit as good as the first one. Same wonderful music, beautiful graphics, great main character. Will there be a third one?

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on May 7, 11 6:26 AM
This is a very nice game for kids...I'm sure they will love it

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 7, 11 6:36 AM
Raska wrote:This is a very nice game for kids...I'm sure they will love it

Yes, I bet you are right that kids would love this Raska.
However, I am no kid, far from it in fact and it is a very nice game for me - I loved it too! I also loved the first one and will be watching for a third one!

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

[Post New]by heartless500 on May 7, 11 6:50 AM
i have been waiting for this one!! and very glad to see all the positive reviews.

Loved the first one, just too funny, and a great change of pace from all the dark, spooky games.

I am downloading to my desktop now to see if it will run on this old machine - if not, it goes on the laptop - regardless, it will be a buy for me!!

arent we all just kids at heart??? I know I am!

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 6:52:05 AM PST

[Post New]by stingmaster on May 7, 11 7:21 AM
I am Happy to finally see the sequel to this game come out! i have yet to down-load it or even try it......But to my surprise when I seen the title.....and all the good reviews I just had to grab it! Happy Mothers day to everyone out there BTW and...Happy Gaming!

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on May 7, 11 7:41 AM

I haven't run into anything yet that would preclude this from the kid/family friendly game category. There have been many posts recently asking for more games that fall into that category.

Hopefully those people will be popping in to read, check the walkthrough and demo this one.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 7, 11 7:49 AM
Hello Fishies!

Thanks a bunch for starting this thread! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it so that others can join our official Comments and Reviews thread thread.

Please remember that a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on May 7, 11 8:04 AM
YAHOOO,
finally the sequel...will try it but am sure will buy it
GREAT WEEKEND PRESSIE TO ME!!!
Just finished the demo & it's a definite buy for me, too. It's just light hearted fun like the last one. There was even a point I laughed! Great job.
Did anyone else recognize the portrait? I know I've played "that" game too but can't place the people...Empress?
So very sad , finished the first time round...approximately 4 hours of fun great stuff!!

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 10:27:51 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 7, 11 8:08 AM
I usually don't play FROG, the only FROG i love are Dark Parables and Amanda Rose. The screens and the story seems to interest me, I haven't play the first one but want to try this one out.

After playing for about 10 mins, I removed it. The graphics are wonderful with colorful objects and scenes but don't know why it seems boring and not fun at all (to me). Those people who like FROG, Im quite sure you will enjoy it but not for me.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on May 7, 11 8:39 AM
I normally don't like Frogs, however during the last sale I got hooked on the first Snarkbusters so I was glad to see the sequel come out so soon after I played the first one! I enjoyed what I played of the demo. Having some of the usual frustrations I get with Frogs, LOL! I'll be using one of 12 punchcard coupons with this one, so I don't feel like it's too big of a deal, but I do enjoy snarkbusters graphics and fun spirited stories. As others who don't enjoy FROGs have said...there is a bit of frustration with finding some of those little pieces of the items. For some reason I'm experiencing this more in the first 40 minutes of the demo of Snarkbusters 2 than I did in the first Snarkbusters altogether. It's just that whole FROG thing I don't like. Nevertheless...Snark hunting IS fun you gotta admit, LOL! I am hoping the game eases up a bit the rest of the way through.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 7, 11 8:45 AM
HAHA!! I knew this was coming!! Said so in CCC,,,,neener neener neener I was right!

The graphics - gorgeous! The music - Just as whacky and weird as the last one! The characters - Funny and the news lady is back!

I loved the first one! Needless to say this one will be a buy for me as well!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 7, 11 8:50 AM

Not really! It's actually not that easy....well....at least the 1st one got harder as you went along. I am sure this one will too. Maybe it's the art that doesn't appeal to you? Did you play the whole demo? I am sure kids would like this tho. And I know a lot of adults will too

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 7, 11 8:54 AM
Bought it right out of the gate. I had so much fun playing Snark Busters Welcome to the Club that I didn't even see the forum till after I bought.

Sort of out of character for me but the first game was a LOL fun game.

Don't have any comments yet because I haven't started to play yet.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 7, 11 9:00 AM
Don't remember Mudrock writing about this game. Great fun!! I am not really a fan of IHOGS either, mainly because they are sooooo time consuming, looking for small pieces. However, the graphics are amazing and the storyline is cute. Music is adorable but after while becomes a little annoying but you really don't need it to play the game so you can turn it off. ALAWAR also has great games. I am going to play this; however,... I am MEMSMERIZED by The Mystery Trackers game. A very "tough" game and I am truly enjoying it. We don't games the caliber and length of Mystery Trackers very often. I will purchase and put away until summer vacation. This one is a great game but again, for me, not as good as Mystery Trackers! That game is an EXCEPTIONAL game!! Grade for Snark Busters: B+
Would have gotten an A for me, but I find IHOGS somewhat annoying and the pieces are a little hard to find.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 7, 11 9:11 AM
Kimmeh86 wrote:Not a big a fan of a FragmentedHOGs so I'm going to have to pass.

That's a shame because you're missing out on a great game. I couldn't wait and bought it from the developer's site a week or so ago and have played it twice since. If you enjoyed the first Snark Busters then you're going to love this one.

S_Sorcha
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by S_Sorcha on May 7, 11 9:12 AM
I love Snarkbusters! I couldn't wait for this one to come out!! It has the same catchy music and great graphics, but I am kinda bummed that Kira isn't in it. The new character doesn't seem as likable as her, he's a little too full of himself. BUT all in all I am just happy that there was a sequel, so if you liked the first, you'll like this one!

~~Swim long and prosper fishies

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on May 7, 11 9:16 AM
LOVE FROGS!!!!!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 7, 11 9:53 AM
Love it been working today only just had chance to play what a refreshing change , quirky music that is good to listen to , bright colours overall a pleasure to play .Its a buy for me and even better because I have a free coupon . Pity I have to get ready to go out tonight .

Go to: