Re:Post any Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues technical issues here only

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on May 9, 11 9:02 PM
I was really looking forward to this game. I opened the game directly from the BFG Game Manager. It opens and the pages move until you get to the page that says HOLLYWOOD and has 3 places to put your name. The screen freezes right here...the mouse from the game completely freezes and you have to do a control/alt/delete to get out ot the game. The screen that freezes does not look professional at all. The rest of the previous pages appear to be like all games...until you get the the sign in page. Does not seem to belong to this game, but added as an afterthought.

I could not even type in my name in one of the 3 boxes. Frozen before I could do this.

FYI..

Too Bad.

OnWisc

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 9:04:53 PM PST

beeboppa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by beeboppa on May 9, 11 11:35 PM
0161 wrote:
Bboo2 wrote:Game would only let me inter my name to play and then froze on the screen. I had top use the ctrl and delete buttons to get out of it.
I have downloaded only the try part of the game.

I have had the same problem with this game,managed to put my name in and had to
use Esc to get back out.

I also had exact same thing happen...any ideas on what to do ??

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 10, 11 8:22 AM
did downld...then hit 'play'....immediate message: cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version file "d3dx9_43.dll"...

got that message!... ...had to shut off puter to get out!...bad news, not happy

got the directx update from a 'pop-up' prior to game....said 'NO'....have problems with that crap before...

then log on to puter this morning....some kind of message warning of 'diagnosis' problem...to restart!...very very

game not worth this trouble...checked my security report...ran scan yesterday and did defrag...but some port issue was blocked this morning....ENOUGH!

game no buy! .... sorry...first it is not worth all this 'hassel' to play...let alone then more problems if purchased...yes already have directx and this the only game which brought up...no issues with other games....needless to say have 'pop ups' blocked....very untrusting items...so all this is IMO....

68bird
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 68bird on May 10, 11 2:53 PM
I was able to downlaod and play this game fine, the only issue is the picture on the screen is about 8x8. Makes it almost impossible to find the small items, or any for that matter. It's a delete for sure for me, wasn't fond of the cartoon type boxes either.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on May 10, 11 5:42 PM
I tried this game again. First I checked my Direct X to make sure that I had the newest version. I did. I installed Hollywood again, this time a request came up to check Direct X and again it told me I had the newest version. This time I was allowed to add my name. HOWEVER...

THE SCREEN AND THE GAME MOUSE FREEEZES on the second screen. Can do nothing but close computer and re-start. Can't even get to Task Manager in order to just close the game.

An updated FYI.

OnWisc

[Post New]by Andymack50 on May 11, 11 1:30 PM
when I started the game it took a few minutes for the first screen to come up and, when it did, it could not make up its mind whether to be in full screen or windows mode.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on May 11, 11 6:00 PM
down loaded 3 times entered name, black screen. I give ,this is not worth the fight

tbnsgma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tbnsgma on May 11, 11 6:05 PM
I downloaded the game, and accepted the Direct X download. When it finished it said the one I had was updated already.

Tried to play the game, and it won't even start up for me. Just takes me to the screen that says...you have X # of minutes left...buy now.

benfa
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by benfa on May 14, 11 12:16 PM
I was able to type my name also and then nothing. Then I decided to hit enter and the game started. Hope this helps.

skhouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by skhouse on May 14, 11 4:06 PM
Could not download/activate game. Direct-X/game are corrupt. Is there a fix?

skhouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by skhouse on May 14, 11 4:07 PM
Suggest you remove this game until "issues" are repaired.

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on May 16, 11 7:38 AM
I CAN'T EVEN GET IT TO OPEN UP. IT WON'T START AT ALL.

[Post New]by beijing1 on May 31, 11 9:24 PM
My game opens and I played it quit a way through but now I am on the slot machine, it gives no instructions and every time I click on anything on the screen it goes to a game screen that says FAILED. Is this a game glitch?

smilindeb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by smilindeb on Jun 29, 11 12:25 PM
I am having problems from the start much like others on this blog. I did finally get my name entered with no direction from the program...but then got to the first story page and then it froze and I had to use escape to get out. I have been very happy with this game co but this time i am disappointed and wasted my money.
smilindeb

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 29, 11 1:39 PM
Hi smilindeb!

I'd encourage you to give the steps in the following help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please feel free to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page for further assistance

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Oct 29, 11 5:11 AM
ember89 wrote:okay... here's the message:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File "d3dx9_43.dll", error 126

i guess i will simply toss this to the side ...

Same here! Thought I would get this for the sale this weekend but I thought wrong

Go to: