puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 9, 11 2:04 AM
@ elldee I always look for a clock on screenshots or some clue it may be a timed game. But sometimes I luck out when the game has the option, then the clock ticks up just to tell you how long it took. Not that I'm into trophies or scores. But I don't pass on them from the screenshots anymor.

I didn't even click on the Free Play, assumed it would be locked until finishing the Quest. . I'm with Cherb, had I looked at that list of minis I'd exited then too.

Sure is making yesterday's TGT look better and anxious to go do another chapter (Box). Lighthearted fun, enjoy reading the popups and nice pleasant diversion, more went into that game than first glance, lots to do. Then maybe I'll finish if I stop testing the daily waters, and get back to Raintree. Or Shiver. Or even Queen of Spades or or or. Little time to play with demos and gabbing.

Anyone who has limited downloads STOP and think...and it was well over 200mbs just the demo. I dumped it from Ctr Panel just to make sure not a trace of it ever haunts my pc, restarted it too. ,

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 2:06:26 AM PST

Nemo_60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Nemo_60 on May 9, 11 2:11 AM
Simply awful. Graphics are small and terrible, if you don't have vision problems, you will after trying to play this game. Couldn't even finish demo. That bad.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on May 9, 11 2:25 AM
That was bad!! Out dated and ridiculous. I lasted 4 minutes and had to stop. Better luck tomorrow I guess.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 9, 11 2:30 AM
My other peeve besides a timer is creating a player name and it wont take numerics, just alphas. So I am turned off before even starting Play. I use the date for a name so if I buy it I keep track how long since I started (or since I last played yikes) I typed in May but it would not take 0911 so I just played as May. Should have entered May Dumpit and been correct.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on May 9, 11 3:14 AM
Yikes! I lasted about 3 minutes and that was all I could stand of this dud. Definitely not my cup of tea.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on May 9, 11 3:17 AM
Whew. A really BIG thank you to all fishies for the posts, comments, and reviews. I won't even bother downloading, it sounds just awful.

A game with a timer? I like to pop out and put the kettle on for a cuppa while I'm playing, without getting penalised.

So it's a no try and no buy from me today. It's either back to replaying Void, a really good game, or buying a second choice. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

[Post New]by heatherington on May 9, 11 4:10 AM
Bribling, a Timer! I'm not even downloading. I hate timers! Jojo I'm with you. I haven't made it through the latest Mystery Trackers and Snark Busters and that Looking Glass thing. I'm glad there is no good new game today. And a "Pig Down" to boot! Thanks Miss Lisa!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 9, 11 4:28 AM
This one is a real stinker! I don't think I have ever dumped a game after just 3 minutes, but I couldn't take any more of this one. I don't know what font they used, but I couldn't read it. I really dislike comic book style to begin with, but this is even worse than that. I just can't find the words to say how bad it is. You couldn't pay me to play it.

[Post New]by Coronagold on May 9, 11 4:38 AM
Thanks for the warnings.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 9, 11 4:48 AM
puzzledone wrote:@ elldee I always look for a clock on screenshots or some clue it may be a timed game. But sometimes I luck out when the game has the option, then the clock ticks up just to tell you how long it took. Not that I'm into trophies or scores. But I don't pass on them from the screenshots anymor.

Hey Puzzledone--I agree with you on the "time"--it could be just how much has elapsed since you've started the scene. But the hourglass? Not so much--sand doesn't run "up" into the top half--when it reaches the bottom half, usually nothing nice happens. IMHO, this is just as much a very poorly-executed (probably what should be done to it) TM game as it is a HOG/Adventure.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 9, 11 4:51 AM
elldee2728 wrote:...executed (probably what should be done to it)...

Oh... elldee... ROFL... good one!!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 9, 11 4:59 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:...executed (probably what should be done to it)...

Oh... elldee... ROFL... good one!!

T/Y, Shadowfax! Off-topic now, but COME ON, Shadowfax--just two to go!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 9, 11 5:47 AM
well, so nice to see all these wonderful comments about the game!

glad to know i'm not missing anything since the thing won't even run... something about it being corrupt or parts missing...

so, it really is a case of sour grapes!

i love you, guys!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 9, 11 6:16 AM
I played for about 9 minutes then uninstalled the demo from my computer. I usually at least play the demo through, but this game was miserable. Instructions for the mini games were unhelpful for some. Graphics for the **** scenes were awful. Everything was tiny enough to require a microscope and the art made everything blend together. Finding things was NOT fun. I skipped over the comic scenes so I don't have a clue what the story was about. Not a comic fan. Turned the background music WAAAYY down because it was downright obnoxious. Got to a mini-game that had virtually no explanation and nothing on the screen was clickable, so I haven't a clue what was supposed to be happening.

Not a game for me. No buy!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on May 9, 11 6:36 AM
Wow wow and WOW! I try a game even when it's being dissed by everyone in the forums because once in a blue moon I may like it (hey, it's happened!) Well, the thing I thought was odd was that after I made i past that horrid picture snapping scene the first hidden object scene...I clicked on the first item on the list 3 times! Yes... 3 times I clicked on the first item on the LIST and it all of a sudden takes me to another scene and another LIST! WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT??? LOL! THEN it takes me through this rotten tutorial everytime I try to click on the first item on the list! It was like...JUST LET ME GET TO THE ITEMS ALREADY!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! And when it comes to everything everyone else was saying...ditto....ditto...ditto...and ditto.

Oh, and DITTO!!!

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on May 9, 11 6:46 AM
Did not like this game at all...really poorly done. no buy for me. just uninstalled. guess I am so spoiled by some of the really good games we have had!

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 6:48:19 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 9, 11 7:12 AM
elldee2728 wrote:

T/Y, Shadowfax! Off-topic now, but COME ON, Shadowfax--just two to go!

I sat here scratching my head for a minute... and looked around... and pondered... and then !! Duh... I must be about to morph. Right?? LOLOL

I have no idea what I will turn into but it cannot be as ugly as this dang dogfish!!

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on May 9, 11 7:23 AM
JoJo, that is one heck of a silver lining you found this morning!

Thank you all for your awesome reviews. I tried it for a few minutes, but I don't like the pressure of timed games. I like to relax while I play. I'm envious of the fishes who love time management games. I just can't handle it! LOL

Also, I kinda like to know what I'm doing when I'm playing, but I was just kind of floundering, so...onto another game for me! Oh, wait, I mean study for my final exams and then on to another game!

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on May 9, 11 7:41 AM
Some game developers just don't know quality. Not a good game.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on May 9, 11 8:37 AM
What can I say that has not already been said. Played for 7 minutes and deleted.
* Too much dialogue
*Poor graphics, enough to give up the game.

Go to: