Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fruits Inc.

[Post New]by lhelms on May 11, 11 8:36 AM
Hello all.... This is my first game review, but trust me,have been playing way too many games on here for way too long lol.

I just had to comment on this game. Almost every game I own is TM, and am not happy unless I get gold on all levels. This game is crazy, first level on I had to replay EVERY level, and still could not get gold on most. I would miss it by a few seconds, which made me even more frustrated.

Also, it looks like this game is not very long, from what I could tell, I was half way through the game in the trial period....

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 11, 11 10:03 AM
lhelms wrote:Hello all.... This is my first game review, but trust me,have been playing way too many games on here for way too long lol.

I just had to comment on this game. Almost every game I own is TM, and am not happy unless I get gold on all levels. This game is crazy, first level on I had to replay EVERY level, and still could not get gold on most. I would miss it by a few seconds, which made me even more frustrated.

Also, it looks like this game is not very long, from what I could tell, I was half way through the game in the trial period....

Just saw your post and as no one has responded yet, I just wanted to say
Welcome to the Pond I love your first post, please do not go away

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 11, 11 10:10 AM
I wasn't really enthralled with this game. Maybe the idea was fab but after completing the first few levels, I just felt it wasn't for me.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 11, 11 10:14 AM
seven tips from our team that might help:

1. Fruits can be sold quickly by clicking on the Sell Sign button, just above the storage. Try it!

2. You don’t need to complete the level’s objectives following the order presented. You can complete the level’s objectives in the order you want.

3. From time to time the farms can be attacked by bugs. Combat them is a timing task, as soons as possible might not be the best way!

4. Fruit’s derivatives can be produced by dragging the fruits from the storage to the desired factory.

5. Every time you use one of the factories you have the chance to get a experience token. Experience tokens can be further used for factory upgrades. You can upgrade factories to produce more, or require fewer workers to produce. You get a token every time you produce 200 units of products from a factory. You can see how many tokens you have at the top of the screen. Use them to unlock new brands and colors and customize your products.

6. To upgrade a building just click on it to open its window. Click on one of the upgrade tabs and click on the icon of the upgrade.

7. You can change the product that a factory produce by clicking on it and selecting the edit option. Now you can create a new product or select a previous created one.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on May 11, 11 10:18 AM
Zemane wrote:...
some tips:
learn to use the $ button at the proper time
dragging the fruits to the farms helps a lot
doing what grandma says in the first levels will lead you to gold times easily, and she won't appear anymore
When you say $ button, do you mean the $ key on the keyboard?

Forgive me, but I didn't understand that from Grandma (or perhaps I wasn't expecting that and therefore misread it) - I have been using the $ sign on the blackboard, bottom right of screen.

On this basis, I too failed to achieve gold at level 1.3 after many many retries, same as other commentators.

ETA I now see your more recent post, and I guess clicking on the blackboard was the right thing to do.

It is unfortunate that I have finished the demo time at level 1.5, without feeling that I have gained a proper idea of the game.

The problem with Grandma (mentioned by several others) is a big nuisance - there seems to be no way to get rid of her quickly enough, and she can hang around a looong time.

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 10:24:29 AM PST

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by SnowNSew on May 11, 11 10:29 AM
I almost didn't even attempt this trial due to the reviews this game received. I did, however, and I am glad I did. I actually appreciate that you do not automatically receive gold on the early levels. I always feel like the first few levels are throw away when it is easy to get gold. I enjoy the challenge.

Some people have called this a farming game - I think it is more a building game. You have to build orchards and factories. You aren't just planting and harvesting, you are also building and managing resources. That may explain some of the negativity here. You may build anything on any lot - but you must manage your resources and manpower to do so.

In the first few levels, I needed to plant orchards, sell produce and make product (in this case juice) from the produce. The trick in that sets this game apart is that the produce is automatically sold. You can sell the produce earlier, by clicking on the little blackboard with the $ on it. This presents a bit of a challenge when trying to make product as you have to get it to the factory before it is sold. So, there is strategy involved in when to take what to the factory and when to allow things to sell. For instance, you may want to wait for that last crop of apples to be ready before you carry them to the factory to make juice - or some apples may be sold before you can get them to the factory. There are timers for the produce, the selling as well as they juice factory - and they are all a bit different.

The technologists are required to kill the pests that attack the produce. From the window provided, I assume more things will be required from these guys as the game progresses.

That being said, I really enjoyed my hour. I received gold on the first 5 levels - had just started the 6th when my time ran out. There is definitely strategy involved on each level, even the early ones. No level is a gimme! I thought this game was different from any game I have played before, while incorporating several common objectives. I am interested to know how many levels are included before I decide to purchase - which I likely will do.

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by SnowNSew on May 11, 11 10:34 AM
Zemane wrote:<snipped> seven tips from our team that might help:

(I didn't feel the need to repeat your entire post. )

Just to be clear, I determined most of your tips from the tutorial. While grandma is definitely annoying and actually does inhibit the ability to get gold on the levels in which she is present, I did feel as though the tutorial was adequate. Obviously, I am in the minority. That is ok - I find myself here often.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 11, 11 10:37 AM
Frogmort wrote:
some tips:
doing what grandma says in the first levels will lead you to gold times easily, and she won't appear anymore

Forgive me, but I didn't understand that from Grandma (or perhaps I wasn't expecting that and therefore misread it) - I have been using the $ sign on the blackboard, bottom right of screen.

On this basis, I too failed to achieve gold at level 1.3 after many many retries, same as other commentators.

ETA I now see your more recent post, and I guess clicking on the blackboard was the right thing to do.

It is unfortunate that I have finished the demo time at level 1.5, without feeling that I have gained a proper idea of the game.

The problem with Grandma (mentioned by several others) is a big nuisance - there seems to be no way to get rid of her quickly enough, and she can hang around a looong time.

sorry, the $ button i am talking about is the clicking button (the black board one) not the $ key on the keyboard

about the grandma the intent is that she tells you exactly what to do in the first group of levels. we followed a more strict tutorial approach, like a step-by-step. unfortunately seems like she is annoying more then helping. the good news is that she is only present in a few levels, about 4 or 5 (the game has 45 levels).

about level 1.3 it is suposed to teach about the best strategy to combat the insects. combating them takes time and after you do it the farm restart to grow. So, you need to figure out the best time to call the technicians because you can do it in a way you loose only one cycle or if you do it poorly you can loose 2 or 3.

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 10:50:26 AM PST

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 11, 11 11:04 AM
SnowNSew wrote:I almost didn't even attempt this trial due to the reviews this game received. I did, however, and I am glad I did. I actually appreciate that you do not automatically receive gold on the early levels. I always feel like the first few levels are throw away when it is easy to get gold. I enjoy the challenge.

Some people have called this a farming game - I think it is more a building game. You have to build orchards and factories. You aren't just planting and harvesting, you are also building and managing resources. That may explain some of the negativity here. You may build anything on any lot - but you must manage your resources and manpower to do so.

In the first few levels, I needed to plant orchards, sell produce and make product (in this case juice) from the produce. The trick in that sets this game apart is that the produce is automatically sold. You can sell the produce earlier, by clicking on the little blackboard with the $ on it. This presents a bit of a challenge when trying to make product as you have to get it to the factory before it is sold. So, there is strategy involved in when to take what to the factory and when to allow things to sell. For instance, you may want to wait for that last crop of apples to be ready before you carry them to the factory to make juice - or some apples may be sold before you can get them to the factory. There are timers for the produce, the selling as well as they juice factory - and they are all a bit different.

The technologists are required to kill the pests that attack the produce. From the window provided, I assume more things will be required from these guys as the game progresses.

That being said, I really enjoyed my hour. I received gold on the first 5 levels - had just started the 6th when my time ran out. There is definitely strategy involved on each level, even the early ones. No level is a gimme! I thought this game was different from any game I have played before, while incorporating several common objectives. I am interested to know how many levels are included before I decide to purchase - which I likely will do.

Nice comment, that is exactly the kind of experience we were trying to create while making the game.

Thanks

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 11:04:19 AM PST

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 11, 11 11:17 AM
Although the tutorial levels were good, the 3rd one drove me batty. I did get through on gold finally but it took maybe a dozen tries. I only had to repeat the first two levels once.

I do enjoy the challenge of the game although the level I left the demo on was seemingly impossible. The one where you don't have the resources to get the fields and factories made right away.

I don't think resources and money transfer to the next level though, so you can't stock up to prepare for the next level.

If you can get through the first few levels and take on the challenge you may enjoy it.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 11, 11 12:20 PM
MickyTeddy wrote:Well, it is now deleted.

Gold Level 3 impossible.

Working it out-
1 cycle = 10 seconds.
4 lots of apples as you only have 4 farms, is 4 x $20= $80
You need to raise $850.

To achieve Gold you theoretically would need 5 cycles which is 50 seconds so on paper possible BUT only with no bugs on the farms.
And even though Gold Time is 1 minute 15 seconds there is insufficient time to get more crops. 25 seconds is not enough time.

If you leave the bugs the fruit price drops anyway.
Clear the bugs and you lose the crop.
No win (pun!!) situation.

Total disaster.

Big Fish you made an error with this game.

I can assure you that ALL gold times are possible. We've done it tons of times to ensure the best possible experience for anyone playing the game.

For those frustrated by not getting gold right off the bat (and we are really sorry about your frustration by the way), just play the levels and go for the gold after you get the hang of the game.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on May 11, 11 12:36 PM
The game does seem to get better once you get past the tutorials & figure out how to play. There is a fair amount of strategy involved. As others have stated--it would be great to either skip over the tutorial on replay or not have the timer start until the grandmother has left.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 11, 11 12:45 PM
kitty1 wrote:The game does seem to get better once you get past the tutorials & figure out how to play. There is a fair amount of strategy involved. As others have stated--it would be great to either skip over the tutorial on replay or not have the timer start until the grandmother has left.

thanks for the input and sugestions they are all very valuable to us. specially one of this kind

[Post New]by filmcrazylady on May 11, 11 1:11 PM
Hi Everyone, this is the first time i have posted in a review area, i have been a member of Big Fish longer that i would like to mention lol, and i am a total addict when it comes to Time Management games i've pretty much got every one released on here, wish more were released , i do understand people getting frustrated on not getting gold straight away, i myself see that as a positive.

Some games let you get gold too easily without letting you work at it and then suddenly upping the stakes and you suddenly find you can't get gold easily at all.

Grandma is a pain i must admit, if you could get rid of her off the screen quicker that would be good, i found i could follow the instructions and it's nice to have a game that gets your brain working. Once i started to get the hang of it i did start getting the golds, it really is a game that you need to get the hang of before you get any golds

I like it and will purchase it, i will play it to death to get gold on every level lol.

Anyway that's my take on things and the end of my first ever review comments lol

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on May 11, 11 2:22 PM
Reading the comments I had to see just how bad it was. I got gold first try 36 seconds. But if I did not read your comments I would not be looking to do that. Thought they were slick just push that dollar sign as soon as it pops up on the bottom right side of screen. Later it tells you that you can sell fruit faster by pressing it . It should of told us that in the beginning. I had to be there for something so I pressed it . I knew it could not be the doomsday button. lol
. it is one of those so bad it is good games. Where are all of these grandparents, parents, uncles with all these shops, supermarkets, resorts, farms and business's to give away at?

Re: Thanks to Zemane!!!

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on May 11, 11 3:02 PM
Hi! I want to thank ZEMANE for his reply earlier. The game had me so angry and that just from playing through 1.3. Then before I was going in to delete, I thought I would check out the other members reviews. I read up to Zemane's reply then decided to give it another chance. Zemane was exactly right, plus it all would have made sense if I had taken the time to read the HELP section on the game. Not only does it explain in more detail, but with pictures ... duh, I felt sooo stupid. Bought the game and am LOVING IT!!! Thanks again Zemane I truly appreciate it! Linda

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on May 11, 11 4:01 PM
I don't mind a game where I have to work to get gold on the levels. However, this game seems like an annoying cross between build-a-lot and farming.

I disliked the build-a-lot series, and this reminded me of that. I also think that if a developer has to get on here and explain how the game works, then there is something wrong with the game in the first place.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on May 11, 11 4:07 PM
Hi You All,

I very seldom post anything on this forums, unless I have something very important to say. But lately, I am very furious with BF because all I see is these kinds of games, which I don't care to play, and I have been searching for older games since newer games are these types, which I could care less. Maybe other fishes like them, and I am sorry, but I can do without them.

WHERE ARE IHOGs, I want to get lost, find things, put them together, go to the next adventure or place, or scene, whatever place it is. I find adventures interactive hidden objcts more interesting, and have been missing them.

It is either, CE games, or TM games, I don't know what else to do. I want to be able to play games.

I apologize for posting here on the: "Your Comments & Reviews but, I couldn't help it, because of the way I feel about these kinds of games. By the way BF, bring us the games we are waiting for!!
Thank you for your time reading.
Marty & Family

hb98rml
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by hb98rml on May 11, 11 4:26 PM
Zemane wrote:
Frogmort wrote:
some tips:

sorry, the $ button i am talking about is the clicking button (the black board one) not the $ key on the keyboard

about the grandma the intent is that she tells you exactly what to do in the first group of levels. we followed a more strict tutorial approach, like a step-by-step. unfortunately seems like she is annoying more then helping. the good news is that she is only present in a few levels, about 4 or 5 (the game has 45 levels).

about level 1.3 it is suposed to teach about the best strategy to combat the insects. combating them takes time and after you do it the farm restart to grow. So, you need to figure out the best time to call the technicians because you can do it in a way you loose only one cycle or if you do it poorly you can loose 2 or 3.

I deleted my trial within minutes after having started. Then I read this and decided to try again since I had to have missed something in grandma's walk-through and in help. But my $ doesn't show on the blackboard when I have harvested. I'm just stuck and this is on the very first level. I have never tried such a stupid game before (at least in my opinion). On a scale from 1 to 10 I give it 1.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 11, 11 4:34 PM
Nice game. I love it! It's different. Once you figure things out, this game is a lot of fun. I wasn't concerned with earning gold during the demo, which allowed me to relax, tinker with things and learn how to play it correctly. I'll go back and try to earn the gold trophies later on.

Your fruit is sold automatically after a period of time. Watch the colored timer bar under each fruit move to the left as time passes. When the bar disappears the quantity of fruit shown is sold directly to market.

You can also sell your fruit manually by clicking on the chalkboard sign in the lower right corner of the screen when a dollar sign appears (you have to wait for it). This allows you to sell the fruit before it's sold automatically if you're in a hurry.

If you want to make juice at one of your factories, make sure there's some fruit in inventory and then drag one of the fruit icons over to the factory before the timer bar disappears, otherwise the fruit will be shipped directly to market (i.e. the fruit does not automatically go to a factory. You have to move it manually by either dragging the fruit icon from the lower right corner of the screen, or by clicking on the factory and then clicking the appropriate button to load the fruit into the factory).

Don't send a technician to spray for bugs until the bugs are swarming, otherwise you'll be wasting time and materials. Spray the bugs when they increase in number, become noticibly larger in size and begin flying around in frenzied circles - as soon as you hear a buzzing sound, that's your cue to spray 'em dead.

Be patient with this game and don't worry about the trophies during the demo. You'll enjoy the game much more once you figure out how things work.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 12:48:36 AM PST

Go to: