dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:Game is running so slow!!!!

[Post New]by dk5793 on May 12, 11 9:07 AM
Sorry, BigFish -- I really wanted to like this game, but it runs so sl-o-owly on my computer that I can't buy. I have a lean, mean Vista machine which has all of the resources that are specified. I run PCTools every week to keep my system optimized. I tried shutting everything else down, tried the system cursor, tried uninstalling, doing a reboot, and reinstalling. Nothing helped. Too bad, I would have bought it, but struggling with a game is not my idea of a good time.

[Post New]by genesisdiem on May 12, 11 9:56 AM
I tried this on Vista and Win7 and both times it had a big lag. In some games it only happens in the video portions but this time it was the entire game. I am disappointed but hopefully when the regular edition comes out, it will be fixed.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on May 12, 11 3:08 PM
Hey carolina67 I kind of fixed the problem with the game running slow. First I installed an update for directx, and then when I started the game I went into the options and upcheck special cursor. It did not fix the slow issue completely but it did help. I am going to download an update for my video card and maybe that will help. Will keep you posted if it works. Happy game playing.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 12, 11 3:14 PM
kayen59, unfortunately (I guess) I went to update my directx and after a scan it says I have the latest version or update. Still too slow. Let me know how to check my video card. I also changed to the regular cursor and it was still very, very slow.

Thanks for the info though.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 12, 11 3:27 PM
Hey everyone!

If you're having some troubles getting the game to work correctly, I'd encourage you to swim on over to our Help pages, as this is usually the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

Here are the links to a couple of help articles that have helped to correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support team. They're always happy to help!

Also, since this is technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock up this thread so that we can keep all of the tech issues together HERE.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 4:34:22 PM PST

Go to: