psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital

[Post New]by psyche_ on May 13, 11 2:34 PM
I played the CE demo and liked it.... the subject matter didn't bother me - it's just fiction! I liked how interactive it was and the HOG scenes were great. However, after buying the SE, I have to say a BIG thumbs down. I completed the entire game in under two hours. Considering that was a first run through, that was far too fast - if i play it a second time, will I finish it in less than an hour?!? Also, once you got past where the demo ended, there seemed to not be that many HOG scenes.
Am gutted I just wasted a credit on this.

[Post New]by Memoryamethyst on May 13, 11 2:43 PM
This subject matter is too dark. The torturing of any person or animal in a postion of subjection is too over the top to be called entertaining. Just as consumers trust that the name brand of "Disney" means you can take your kids to it, many of us have come to trust the namebrand of 'Big Fish" to mean that our kids and grandkids can safely game on this site. This game falls outside of the "anyone can play" IMHO. I also wouldn't want to play a game that involves animal experimentation /torture or the use of children in medical experimentation. Just because the soldiers are grown men doesn't make it okay. At a time when many sons and brothers ( and daughters and sisters of course!!) are overseas, such a storyline seems inappropriate to say the least.
I am well aware that "It's just a game" but if we don't allow the folks who bring us these games to understand our desires we might end up with more of the same. Personally, Im okay with occult themes ( but please no more vampires, we are BORED TO DEATH {pun intender} with Twilight spins)
Okay, I'll get off and give the soapbox to the next fishy.

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on May 13, 11 2:52 PM
Thank you, Memoryamethyst. You put it beautifully.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on May 13, 11 3:50 PM
psyche_ wrote:I played the CE demo and liked it.... the subject matter didn't bother me - it's just fiction! I liked how interactive it was and the HOG scenes were great. However, after buying the SE, I have to say a BIG thumbs down. I completed the entire game in under two hours. Considering that was a first run through, that was far too fast - if i play it a second time, will I finish it in less than an hour?!? Also, once you got past where the demo ended, there seemed to not be that many HOG scenes.

TWO hours? Seriously? That's made me stop and think - I enjoyed the CE demo and have d/l'd the SE to try with the view that I would probably buy. I got to the end of the sample demo last time in about 45 mins... how much time would you say it took you to complete the game after that? (I was a but stuck tbh on some of the stuff!) That has put me off now, I would like a few hours play out of a game. I hate feeling like I've wasted my money.

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on May 13, 11 6:06 PM
arthurC wrote:dragon wrote:
Try to find something original for a change

I'm starting to think you're right.

The gameplay has really improved last year or so, and the graphics are mostly out of this world .. but I'm getting just a bit bored with the plots which all seem to be much of a muchness. I forget which game I'm in sometimes, because they're all so similar!

Someone mentioned on another thread recently that she'd like to see some games with a Sci-fi theme. I'll second that!
Jo

Yes I agree. I think the last 3 out of 5 games I've played have had mad scientists experimenting on people. (Well I bought them!). How about something set on a spaceship like Red Dwarf that has hundreds of floors & a Starbug for exploring or like Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy where there are lots of different planets to explore. The developers could let their imaginations run wild! (no more oil cans or feathers!)

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 6:15:55 PM PST

[Post New]by nuttyplayer53 on May 13, 11 6:08 PM
I love these type of hidden object games but I have such a problem trying to remember where some things are when I have to keep jumping back and forth to different places,

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on May 13, 11 6:49 PM
I agree with the fishies who didn't like the subject matter. When is Princess Isabella part 2 coming out? Now that's a beautiful and colorful game for children and adults enjoy it too.

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 6:52:31 PM PST

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on May 13, 11 8:35 PM
Just finished the game. That is the best music I have had on a game. This was a pretty good game and you just couldn't stop playing until the end. No glitches and a few trips to the SG. The hint wasn't as helpful as it could have been but all in all, a good game. Worth spending a credit on. Again....GREAT MUSIC.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 13, 11 8:41 PM
hcatb wrote:

I agree with the fishies who didn't like the subject matter. When is Princess Isabella part 2 coming out? Now that's a beautiful and colorful game for children and adults enjoy it too.

Hcatb, I’m so with you on the Princess Isabella Return of the Curse, I can’t wait for it to come to BFG.

Princess Isabella - The Witches Curse was one of the first games I bought from BFG and have played it many times.

I also agree the subject matter on this game is a little bit grim, but if you ignore that, it’s a very involving game.

jojo

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 13, 11 9:38 PM
psyche_ wrote:
I played the CE demo and liked it.... the subject matter didn't bother me - it's just fiction! I liked how interactive it was and the HOG scenes were great. However, after buying the SE, I have to say a BIG thumbs down. I completed the entire game in under two hours. Considering that was a first run through, that was far too fast - if i play it a second time, will I finish it in less than an hour?!? Also, once you got past where the demo ended, there seemed to not be that many HOG scenes.

Rachieroos wrote:
TWO hours? Seriously? That's made me stop and think - I enjoyed the CE demo and have d/l'd the SE to try with the view that I would probably buy. I got to the end of the sample demo last time in about 45 mins... how much time would you say it took you to complete the game after that? (I was a but stuck tbh on some of the stuff!) That has put me off now, I would like a few hours play out of a game. I hate feeling like I've wasted my money.

I have to congratulate you psyche on your speedy gameplay, I understand that 2 hours is a very short time for a game duration, and I would also be very disappointed if any game I bought only lasted me 2 hours (however 2 hours would be a rarity for me I’m a slow player, I read ever line and listen to all the dialogue) but I’ve been playing the this game for 3.25 hours and there is very little dialogue, and all the notebook entries are short and so far I [SPOILER ALERT] have only found 2 of the 5 nexus (or "NEXI" if that is more correct).

I’m open to the possibility that finding the last 3 "NEXUS/NEXI" will now have a cascade affect, but I’m sure it will take me at least another 1.5 hours to finish, I will let you know.

By the way if you look at the notebook on the lower left of the screen it displays "Total Game Time".

Happy gaming!

jojo

Update: I'm playing in advanced mode and have only looked at the Walkthrough once, and I really like this game.

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 9:46:25 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 14, 11 1:49 AM
OSM = Occult Subject Matter. I wish they would stop putting this in the games. And I agree, it seems we've seen alot of torture lately in these games. I like a good scary story, torture isan't a scary game to me. It's more on the gruesome side. I absolutely agree with everyone else, I would LOVE to see some Sci -Fi. How awsome would that be. I rate my games on graphics more than story. Because we get the same story all the time it seems. I agree with all of you.

I enjoy all of your reviews,
thank you pond,
much appreciated,
Lisa

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 14, 11 2:47 AM
just finished the demo, with 20 mins left..still undecided on the game, not too hard, but would be interested to know the length of game..may have to have a quick peek at the w/thru to see if there is alot left to go.

heaps of other games out, unfortunately for me they are all CE's..and i don't do them..everyone else..enjoy

[Post New]by deebee01 on May 14, 11 4:40 AM
I tried this game, and usually I can ignore the subject matter if the game is interesting and challenging - which this game is - but I won't purchase because I am disturbed as to why the subject has to be so unpleasant. Surely the hub of the game could have been achieved with a less gruesome plot.

I did buy 'Haunted Halls - Green Hills Sanatorium' which was almost as disturbing and was in two minds about that. I can live with ghostly plots or humorous vampires but this is getting too much.

Come on developers, you've got good sub plots and puzzles and an audience waiting to enjoy, just lighten up on the main theme.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on May 14, 11 9:16 AM
I'd like to see games made from some of the great fantasy books.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on May 14, 11 9:22 AM
I purchased this game (demoed the CE when it came out). I am just in awe. I love the storyline, I love the graphics, I love it all!
The goals to reach make me think, and the mini-games aren't too frustrating.
I love the hidden object scenes (having to complete something to find the object).
Really good game. Has kept me riveted!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 14, 11 10:24 AM
I enjoyed this game also, the theme is no more disturbing than the likes of Green Hills, Dire Grove, etc.

The graphics & artwork are lovely & the music is some of the best I have heard in a H0G. The hidden object scenes were often unusual, putting objects back into the scene rather than taking them out. Others required amalgamating different objects before completion.

The mini games were hard for me but I was able to figure out what to do, if you skip 30 minutes is added to your game time. It took me about 4 hours to complete the game although I am not one of the fast players as I like to appreciate the work put into the creation of each scene.

Thank you to Orneon for an enjoyable play.

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on May 14, 11 11:03 AM
Hey, Jojo, do you know when Big Fish is coming out with the sequel? Can't wait either. Glad to know there are more fans out there.

orijojo wrote:
hcatb wrote:

Hcatb, I’m so with you on the Princess Isabella Return of the Curse, I can’t wait for it to come to BFG.

Princess Isabella - The Witches Curse was one of the first games I bought from BFG and have played it many times.

I also agree the subject matter on this game is a little bit grim, but if you ignore that, it’s a very involving game.

jojo

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 11:06:07 AM PST

nelly55
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by nelly55 on May 14, 11 12:51 PM
I began playing today and finding a litter hard ,but i like it.

[Post New]by hilohattie on May 14, 11 2:06 PM
In Invisible Man corridor, can't play broken glass puzzle. Need to create smoke bomb first? I am playing in advanced mode. Checked walkthrough but no help there.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 14, 11 3:22 PM
Hello hilohattie

Please highlight below
the smoke grenade can be found on the verandah fence opposite the gramaphone player at the front of the house

Go to: