fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by fairjuno on May 14, 11 2:55 PM
RenaissanceMom wrote: It's not like it grabbed you or anything.

LMAO! I feel so sorry for the devs. People don't want spiders, people do want spiders. What are they supposed to do? I'm surprised they listened though. What about the group of people, including myself, who like/don't mind it or want to feel like they've accomplished something?

hambon
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by hambon on May 14, 11 5:02 PM
I'm extremely annoyed with BF....I bought this game on 4/7/11 for $13.99 as a collectors game and today it for sale at $6.99. WHY IS BF RIPPING GAMERS OF LIKE THIS. I have brought an awful lot of games from BF and now I'm seriously thinking about going to another game provider. This is not right!

I just can't believe a little over a month the same games is half the price I paid.
Come on BF you owe me as a loyal customer. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS MATTER?

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on May 14, 11 5:52 PM
Hi hambon, it is not the same game. There is no strategy guide and no extras. Also, if you read the posts above, there appear to have been other changes made. All CE games come out about a month later as "regular" games. Without the extras. You have to decide if getting to play it right away and enjoying the extras is worth it to you.

Did anyone else think the ending was kinda lame?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 14, 11 6:01 PM
fairjuno wrote:
RenaissanceMom wrote: It's not like it grabbed you or anything.

LMAO! I feel so sorry for the devs. People don't want spiders, people do want spiders. What are they supposed to do? I'm surprised they listened though. What about the group of people, including myself, who like/don't mind it or want to feel like they've accomplished something?

I like the spiders in my game. Heck it's realistic. I am often seeing spiders in my house - that is life. Bugs/insects/creepy crawlies are here to stay get used to it! LOLOL

Please Devs... some of us like the spiders in the games and I am one of them!!

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on May 14, 11 6:56 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:

I like the spiders in my game. Heck it's realistic. I am often seeing spiders in my house - that is life. Bugs/insects/creepy crawlies are here to stay get used to it! LOLOL

Please Devs... some of us like the spiders in the games and I am one of them!!

Me too...but only in my game. Which reminds me, just the other day I was sitting here at the computer in the dark when suddenly I see some sort of black splotch move quickly across my desk. I jumped up and turned the light on freaking out because I knew what it was. Unfortunately it was nowhere to be seen. Two days later, I see my dog trying to chase a 1 inch huge hairy spider up the wall. Who knows how many times that thing has crawled across my keyboard or across my feet.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on May 14, 11 9:58 PM
hambon wrote: I'm extremely annoyed with BF....I bought this game on 4/7/11 for $13.99 as a collectors game and today it for sale at $6.99. WHY IS BF RIPPING GAMERS OF LIKE THIS. I have brought an awful lot of games from BF and now I'm seriously thinking about going to another game provider. This is not right!

I just can't believe a little over a month the same games is half the price I paid.
Come on BF you owe me as a loyal customer. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS MATTER?

Hi and welcome to the pond!

I'm guessing you weren't around a few years back when all the games were about 13 bucks. Then Bigfish came up with the idea of offering all their games for $6.99 which was awesome for us, not so great for the developers. So they compromised. Really great games would get a Collectors Edition (or CE) for $13.99. CE's give you early access to the game, some extra play and bonus material like wallpapers.

Approximately a month later, the Standard Edition (SE) comes out. It's the same game but without all the bonus content and you need to wait that extra month to play it.

This was all a bit confusing when it first started so I can see how a new fishie might get a little disgruntled. If you accidentally purchased both the CE & the SE, contact customer service (The little green envelope over there --> and up a ways) BFG customer support is terrific and they'll have you all sorted out in no time.

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 9:59:04 PM PST

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on May 25, 11 3:33 PM
I think this is really a great game, although it is very similar to the ones I've played in the past. They all seem to have the same MO. Find your sister, brother, etc. But that being said, I am now checking the forum for the first time and I've been playing for several hours. It is a great game, easy to navigate, graphics are good and it's not confusing to me like several of the others. I too would like to see a different storyline come through just for a break in this type of game.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on May 27, 11 6:00 AM
Really didn't like this game only played 12 minutes and left it,not long enough some of you might say,but for me I always know in the first 10 minutes if it's one I'll like.Funny thing is I couldn't tell you why I don't like it,it has all the elements I go for.Oh well that's the way it goes sometimes.Happy gaming to those who like it.

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on May 30, 11 10:49 AM
I really enjoyed the standard edition of this game. it had a lot of variety of puzzles and scenes. It transitioned very smoothly from scene to scene. There wasn't too much back tracking over and over except maybe to the graves.

Things I didn't like:
1. Puzzles were just a little too easy - but I like that I didn' have to go to walk through to solve.
2. Ending was abrupt. I was thinking "Really - that's it?" SPOILER ALERT No big show down with the baddie. Maybe it was different in the CE, but they kind of built up how bad this guy was and you don't see him until the very end. No confrontation or "I'll be back" or "I'll get you"
3. Game style - as usual the first wife has a lot of rooms and puzzles to solve and then there is less and less game play as you find the other wives.
4. [SPOILER ALERT - Why did the 4th wife have to be a witch? He married and acress, artist, gardner & a witch? Couldn't she have been a singer or dancer or somthing like that? Why does there have to be so much witchcraft and potion making in these games?

OK, I know I had a lot of complaints, but I would still give it 4 out of 5 stars because I really did enjoy all the puzzles and the variety.

Go to: