Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by sherryle52 on May 15, 11 10:01 PM
great game, I've been playing BF games for years and it really is one of your better games. The only problem is I'm stuck on the part where I'm suppose to fix the bridge and get the case from the swamp. When I went to stargey guide they said I had to buy it. Then I went to buy it said it was on sale for 4.99 then I used the coupon and they said it's only for first timers. That's crap. I have a free game coming and they just keep adding more money to the things. Not fair. Especially since I've spent hundreds of dollars on this site.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 15, 11 11:16 PM
Review based on the demo.
The Good:
The musical score is phenomenal. It is symphony music at its finest, with a full repertoire of violins and piano. I would purchase this for the soundtrack alone.
The game is replete with hidden object puzzles and mini games, each one more fascinating than the one before. The graphics are clear, crisp, and beautifully eerie.
The story line is interesting and thought provoking.

The Bad:
Not for me, but some players might find the spiders, almost in every scene, a little too creepy.

The Ugly:
Nothing.

The Verdict: this one's a keeper.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 16, 11 12:51 AM
sherryle52 wrote:great game, I've been playing BF games for years and it really is one of your better games. The only problem is I'm stuck on the part where I'm suppose to fix the bridge and get the case from the swamp. When I went to stargey guide they said I had to buy it. Then I went to buy it said it was on sale for 4.99 then I used the coupon and they said it's only for first timers. That's crap. I have a free game coming and they just keep adding more money to the things. Not fair. Especially since I've spent hundreds of dollars on this site.

There is a walk through for this game. It is the first thread in the game forum. Right at the top of the discussions!! It's free.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 16, 11 4:39 AM
I am VERY happy that the overly large moving spider has been removed from that one H0 scene. I don`t mind spiders in a game, so long they are of a small size (and preferably don`t move), but this one was way out of size.

A lot of people complaint about that spider - I was one of them - and like others, I didn`t want to buy the game because of it. But seeing that the spider has been removed, I went ahead and bought the SE, because apart from the spider, I was loving the game.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 16, 11 5:00 AM
DeadRiver - your review about the music makes me so unhappy that I cannot play this game as I am a fan of symphony.

Unfortunately there are just too many arachnids & after 30 minutes my heart was pumping out of my chest in fear

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on May 17, 11 10:14 AM
I don't like this game much, too many hid obj scenes, items are often too small to see or blended to the background, the story is interesting though macabre, the puzzles far too easy, and most of the game is solved in the graveyard! Of course everything else is fine!

trembly6
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by trembly6 on May 17, 11 2:57 PM
I LOVED THIS GAME. I PLAYED THE TRIAL AND JUST HAD TO BUY IT. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST THAT I HAVE PLAYED IN A LONG TIME.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on May 17, 11 4:16 PM
Like most reviewers, I also enjoyed the game. The length seems decent based on the walkthrough and how far I got in the 60 minute trial (it seems like I got about 25% of the way). The hidden object scenes were not too difficult, yet not too easy and I liked the interactive nature of the hidden scenes. The music was good and there was not any aimless backtracking. The mini games were on the easy side and skippable. One complaint I had was the use of SPARKLES in the harder mode. Why do developers do this!!??

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 18, 11 10:27 AM
Though some objects were extremely small for my middle-aged eye's to discern... I really enoyed this game. Did find the puzzles to be on the easy side and the sparkles an annoyance in the harder mode. But all in all... a fun game.

[Post New]by smartvalerie on May 18, 11 10:45 AM
I thought this was a great game, never boring, lots of interaction. The sort of game I like. Not to hard & not to easy. Well done BF for bringing this game out on SE. Lets have somemore CEs turned into SEs. I have bought CEs & I do know they have more to them. Stupid person who complained about it coming out on SE should have waited before buying!! Thanks again BF for all the good games you bring out.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 18, 11 11:31 AM
Finished the game and it was great, ending a bit short but otherwise all was good.
Easy to follow and I used the walkthrough once.
Worth the buy.

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on May 18, 11 1:27 PM
Excellent game -- I've played hundreds of BF games and this one stands out -- surely a contender for one of the game of the year cats for 2011.

Q -- I normally do not buy the CE as I have been disappointed in the past. However, I really want the soundtrack. Is it possible to pay a few more dollars for an "upgrade" from SE to CE? I am certainly not going to re-buy the CE version just for a soundtrack...

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 18, 11 5:50 PM
hambon wrote:mcurty Stingray

Thanks for the heads up. I played the 60 minutes of the $6.99 game and it apperaed to be the same.

I think if a game is put out as a collectors game it should not be put out as a regular game. Thanks hambon

The games themselves are usually the same with the SE and CE versions. If you buy the CE, you get the game when it's first released. With the CE edition you are usually also getting a strategy guide built in - so you don't have to buy it separately or keep shutting down the game to go look up a walkthrough online when you get stuck. It also has some bonus game play - either extra levels, extra story or a segue way into the sequel. There is usually the original artwork that you can download as wallpapers, sometimes there's concept art so that you can see how the images developed, sometimes you can download the music files from the game, there might even be a screensaver.

It really depends on what's important. If you just want the game then the CE is a waste of money. But - and this is a big but - sometimes the extra game play is long enough or important enough to add a valuable extra layer to the game.

Ultimately, it's up to the buyer to decide which version they want. If you don't need the extras and don't mind the wait, the SE is the better value. If BF just released collector's versions, the outcry here would be immediate and they'd lose customers. There are a lot of people on fixed incomes who buy these games.

Rule of thumb here is, if a CE is released, there usually will be an SE version released in about a month.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on May 18, 11 6:02 PM
I tried very hard to like this game. I liked the story line, the graphics, the style of play. Some of the interactive h.o.g. scenes were quite innovative. But the h.o.g. scenes had some very small items. I didn't mind the bugs or spiders, but some of the smaller items were nearly impossible to find they were so tiny. Also, some of the interactive elements, such as find one item and interact with another item, were a bit obscure. I used more hints than I ever have in an i.h.o.g., and by the time it was done, I was glad to be finished. So I was a bit disappointed with this, I'm sorry to say. Perhaps if I had younger eyes, I might have enjoyed this a bit more.

[Post New]by Roseyjane on May 20, 11 7:08 PM
I was not able to download the trial CE version of this game so I have been waiting for this version to finally come out. I did want to purchase this with a credit but after playing the trial I changed my mind...simply because the **** items are waayyy too tiny for my old eyes. I found myself coming on with a headache from squinting at the screen trying to see the objects. It looks like an entertaining game but I just can't go through an entire game with not being able to see the items. It's too bad because I had every intention of purchasing the game...but, it's not for me.

bobbiemark
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiemark on May 21, 11 3:08 PM
Just to say I enjoyed playing this game (wait for it) BUT the items to pick up where too small not every one has super sight and now and again my nose was up on the screen looking for things.( it may be an age thing)
The colour was bril, good, thought our villan would have played a wee more of a part but then we cannot have every thing.
Well worth the money.

bobbiemark
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiemark on May 21, 11 3:08 PM
Just to say I enjoyed playing this game (wait for it) BUT the items to pick up where too small not every one has super sight and now and again my nose was up on the screen looking for things.( it may be an age thing)
The colour was bril, good, thought our villan would have played a wee more of a part but then we cannot have every thing.
Well worth the money.

flip13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by flip13 on May 22, 11 2:50 PM
hambon wrote:I'm extremely annoyed with BF....I bought this game on 4/7/11 for $13.99 as a collectors game and today it for sale at $6.99. WHY IS BF RIPPING GAMERS OF LIKE THIS. I have brought an awful lot of games from BF and now I'm seriously thinking about going to another game provider. This is not right!

I just can't believe a little over a month the same games is half the price I paid.
Come on BF you owe me as a loyal customer. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS MATTER?

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 22, 11 8:52 PM
Started out pretty good, but got so laborious, I thought I was in hell. The hogs are so tiny I can barely see them and asked repeatedly for the same items. The story was pretty good and the length of the game was a challenge, but the end, oh brother, was so stupid, I don't know why I keep coming back to this site to buy games. The game makers are having a struggle keeping up with the game players and I haven't seen a good game here for quite some time. If you just want to kill time, go ahead and purchase, otherwse, move on to something else. Sorry BF.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on May 23, 11 5:52 AM
Fun game. Good story line. Great puzzles. Enjoyed this game. Try it you will like it too!

Go to: