Re:Post any The Tiny Bang Story technical issues here only

[Post New]by sinfulcashew5 on May 16, 11 5:20 PM
I am sure I would like this game if.....if the hint worked and I could find all the things it wants me to find, etc.
Is there a 'fix' coming?
I am still in the first part of the thing and have gotten no where.
Can't find last ladder rung,
Can't find wrench.
Can't find all numbers.
Am I this stupid?
Just because I am a senior citizen it doesn't mean a thing?
What now.
I have no clue as to what is going on. No story line?

[Post New]by crashandboom on May 16, 11 7:12 PM
Me again. Tried again today thinking surely the "no cursor" issue would be resolved since this is actual release day and have same problem. What's worse, I have now used 8 minutes of my free trial doing...nothing. I guess no one cares. Nice.

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomtroxel on May 16, 11 9:15 PM
Why in the hell is there no cursor..Why does BF ignore other posts with this problem? What is going on????

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on May 17, 11 11:48 AM
Sinfulcashew, the things you cant find are there, believe me. When I did my hour demo, and left, then bought the game, I had to start over, but it was an eye opener. I found all the things I couldnt find the first time around really fast. Some are just hidden really good. Its hard to explain, but they are all there. Its funny tho, the ones I found the first time, I had trouble the second time, It seems its always the last item. Please keep at it, if you read these threads, most everything is answered on here. Have fun the game is really great.

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomtroxel on May 17, 11 12:36 PM
Ok OK its not BF fault..to find the cursor reset the display to 125% > I have llately (very late) that many games do not work as wellat the 150% setting of the display. Try it. Maybe that is the cause of other tech issues of this game

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 12:59:03 PM PST

[Post New]by crashandboom on May 17, 11 3:20 PM
I never suspected the problem is Big Fish's fault, but I still think a response from a moderator would have been appropriate.

[Post New]by differentdances on May 17, 11 10:29 PM
LOL nevermind, Watched a video walkthrough that solved my issue.

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 10:38:25 PM PST

[Post New]by SoDoIt on May 18, 11 10:58 AM
Well my hint won't work anywhere (help me I'm on level three) my mums playing the game but she didn't tell me of the problem. Do the people that have written about it got a solution yet???????????????????????

[Post New]by LADYLYNN18 on May 18, 11 4:38 PM
Whenever I quit the game it does not save my progress at that point but rather goes back 3 or 4 steps. It is very frustrating to have to keep doing the same puzzles over.

[Post New]by jarcari on May 18, 11 4:40 PM
Solved puzzles out of order (code from da vinci paper) and can't get the plane. I had the template and put it on the paper, didn't move it to the appropriate spot, solved the code by trial and error. Went back and solved the code puzzle but when I leave the puzzle it resets and solve doesn't stick. I never get the plane after completing the second video game. Looks like it requires a restart, very frustrating.

[Post New]by crashandboom on May 18, 11 7:03 PM
tomtroxel wrote:Ok OK its not BF fault..to find the cursor reset the display to 125% > I have llately (very late) that many games do not work as wellat the 150% setting of the display. Try it. Maybe that is the cause of other tech issues of this game

Thanks for the tip, tomtroxel. Got the game up and running last night and found it as enjoyable as I thought I would. Sorry I sounded so grumpy in my last post, my office moved in to a new building this week and I somehow got tasked with being the middle-person between whining employees and building management.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on May 19, 11 4:27 AM
I am trying to play this on a netbook, and I'm having a display issue, the bottom part of the screen is missing. The game won't let me switch to windowed mode. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to work round this? It's a gorgeously pretty game and I'd love to be able to at least give it a decent trial.

[Post New]by CasualPlayer2 on May 19, 11 1:41 PM
Refrenz wrote:Chapter 2 - collecting 24 balls. The game thinks there is one left to collect but there isn't (I've checked the locations listed in another part of the forum). The hint button does not work anywhere which also indicates there is nothing else to collect (it is fully charged), yet the game thinks I still need to find one more ball.

Result - game broken, can't progress. Can't be arsed to start again. Very annoyed. >:-(

I've had the same issue - set up a second profile and went through it again only to have it happen a second time. Beyond annoying! Wondering if I have to find all the balls before I go to another step or????

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 19, 11 2:28 PM
bedheadkg wrote:I am trying to play this on a netbook, and I'm having a display issue, the bottom part of the screen is missing. The game won't let me switch to windowed mode. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to work round this? It's a gorgeously pretty game and I'd love to be able to at least give it a decent trial.
I doubt it's possible. Most netbooks don't support the 1024*768 screen resolution that the game needs.

[Post New]by fene0004 on May 19, 11 4:54 PM
LadyHoneyBabe wrote:When I upgraded from the demo, it didn't save and I had to start all over. I'm not the only one this happened to. I think it may be a problem??

I had the same issue....so annoying!

[Post New]by sherrylmarshall on May 19, 11 5:21 PM
AvgSpock wrote:My hint button does not appear to work. I filled it up all of the way because it will not allow me to fill it anymore.

It does give pictures about puzzles but, it never drains and it won't help me find things.

Is there something wrong with my button or is this how it is supposed to work?

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on May 19, 11 9:57 PM
by Mr_Russ on May 19, 11 2:28 PM

bedheadkg wrote:
I am trying to play this on a netbook, and I'm having a display issue, the bottom part of the screen is missing. The game won't let me switch to windowed mode. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to work round this? It's a gorgeously pretty game and I'd love to be able to at least give it a decent trial.
I doubt it's possible. Most netbooks don't support the 1024*768 screen resolution that the game needs.

Having the same problem the demo is deceptive how was i to know the game bottom was missing ...very irritating. .now have full version and getting no where the windowed mode don't work...can't increase as on netbook and can't window ....help would be nice

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on May 20, 11 12:25 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:I doubt it's possible. Most netbooks don't support the 1024*768 screen resolution that the game needs.

That was what I was suspecting, I was just clutching at straws hoping for a magic solution!

[Post New]by armareum on May 20, 11 12:04 PM
I played the demo, like it and so bought the game. The game loaded successfully the first time, but now won't start up at all. Bought through Steam. Video card drivers, shockwave and flash all up to date.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, included computer resets.

The error I get is:

"The Tiny Bang Story has stopped working.
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

*Check online for a solution and close the program.
*Close the program"

Checking for a solution does not bring up any suggestions.

Details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ttbs.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.10
Application Timestamp: 4d9ae9a8
Fault Module Name: ttbs.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.1.10
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d9ae9a8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0020faca
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

[Post New]by spendermisty on May 21, 11 9:11 AM
Hi,
When I do the 4 dice game, thats okay but as soon as I click on it after I work it out my screen goes funny with lines running thrugh it and I have to reboot the computor to get it back up and running and when I go back into the game I haven't done the dice game and have to start over again. do I need to uninstall and start again?

regards

Go to: