Re:the Ship Arcsde Game ~ oh, for a SKIP!

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on May 17, 11 6:05 AM
I too have great problems being quick enough to get through the arcade type puzzles. If I had realised there was no skip I would not have bought the game.I will have to check in future before parting with my cash that I can skip any puzzles that are too fast for my not so young hands. Its a great pity becasue I loved the game up to that point.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 17, 11 6:54 AM
I couldn´t believe my eyes when I saw this arcade game coming up - and no way to skip this dreadful "game".

It took me a couple of attempts to get through, but what a pain in the brown hole.

And why is there no possibility to skip the mini games anyway? I am able to do most of them, but I have to check the walkthrough for others.

I love this game, but this arcade game alone makes me doubt I will want to replay this otherwise cute and really well-done game.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on May 17, 11 7:31 AM
I love this game, but am now stuck totally as I can't finish the plane mini-game in Chap. 3 .

Edited to add: I DID it finally after 20 or so times ! YAY!

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 10:11:02 AM PST

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 17, 11 10:03 AM
I was ok once i realized the ship keeps going forward and it took me awhile to figure out, oh you have to push + button so the gates clear. Getting old I guess., and that I have to keep my turns itight it took me about eight try to get it done, I tried to get my teenager to do it for me but to no avail. Now I am stuck on the compass and really feeling dumb because it will align almost but not quite. Ugh. I will go and do something else for awhile and comeback to it this evening.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 17, 11 12:53 PM
I, too, HATE ARCADE GAMES. So I got through the ship one okay only to get stuck in another arcade game with the black fighter planes. WHAT YOU WERE THINKING DEVS??!! Why couldn't they have at least but a SKIP button in the game? This game developer CLEARLY DOES NOT KNOW THEIR TARGET AUDIENCE.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on May 17, 11 2:23 PM
Emmyjayne,

You CAN do it! Believe me, if I can, you can . Go watch the video at the walkthrough a couple of times, and then go back to the game and get as far as you can. Keep playing and eventually, you'll start to remember how many moves in each direction you need to go or whether to just stay where you are. It becomes kind of like a sequence game. I had to go back three times I think to the video, but I finally did it and you can too!!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 17, 11 4:35 PM
Hey dogmama! I took a break and then went back and finished it (I'm really stubborn) but I still really HATE arcade games. Thanks for thinking of me!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on May 17, 11 4:58 PM
mavethrave wrote:I just posted in the review section and I agree wqith all of you. I HATE arcade games and if I had known this was going to have them I wouldn't have bought it. I love the delightful artwork and the fact that for once we have a game that isn't dark and demonic. I'm mad that the developers are too lazy to include a skip feature and also, for me, the hint button has been useless. Most of the time if I use it it gives me no clue. I'm stuck on the boat game and I'm so frustrated I may never finish this game.

Totally agree w/you and the others. I'm just not quick enuf for theses types of games, and it needs a skip button. I hope the developers read this and learn. I"m sorry I bought the game now even tho the rest of it is cute and challenging, I can go any further.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 18, 11 3:34 AM
divaprods wrote:
mavethrave wrote:I just posted in the review section and I agree wqith all of you. I HATE arcade games and if I had known this was going to have them I wouldn't have bought it. I love the delightful artwork and the fact that for once we have a game that isn't dark and demonic. I'm mad that the developers are too lazy to include a skip feature and also, for me, the hint button has been useless. Most of the time if I use it it gives me no clue. I'm stuck on the boat game and I'm so frustrated I may never finish this game.

Totally agree w/you and the others. I'm just not quick enuf for theses types of games, and it needs a skip button. I hope the developers read this and learn. I"m sorry I bought the game now even tho the rest of it is cute and challenging, I can go any further.

I completely agree with the two above. I had to give up at the end of chapter 2 I think it was, when I had to deal with a second arcade game. What a shame, and what a waste of money.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on May 19, 11 10:07 PM
I was able to finally do the ships, but the next arcade game (airplanes) has done me in. Time to find a kid to get past this.

Other than the arcade games, I love this!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 19, 11 10:40 PM
I have to agree that the arcade-style games detract from the enjoyment of Tiny Bang. One minute, we're relaxed, listening to music, just looking around, the next minute we're white-knuckled, guiding a ship through dangerous waters! Just remember--the ship moves itself--you do the up-and-down, and you use the + key to get rid of the + blocks.

But then there's the astrolabe puzzle, and the colorful map puzzle (I must've spent an hour on that one)--they're not arcade-style, but will have you twisting your pigtails! Haven't gotten to the land-the-airplane puzzle yet--can hardly wait!

[Post New]by hicksville on May 19, 11 10:44 PM
tinyseahorse wrote:[b] DEV'S==PLEASE UPDATE THE GAME WITH THE SKIPS ALLOWED SO IT WILL BE ENJOYABLE!!

Like others I have given up since the second arcade appeared. If I wanted to play arcade games I would have many to choose from. But I DON'T want arcade mini-games with no skip! Will keep the game in hopes an update with skips shows up soon. Is anyone who can make this happen listening/reading???

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on May 21, 11 1:02 AM
I was nearly buing this game undtil I looked into this forum and saw there is arcade games in this cute game. No warning in the description about the game.
I will not play arcade games so
No skip - no buy
Thanks for the warning

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 21, 11 1:25 AM
Hi there those of you who have been put off considering this game.
Yes, there are no skip buttons on any of the puzzles/games, and I didn't initially like having to play the old-style video games (in the style of Pacman), but I persisted and had a WONDERFUL time with this game. Might take some trial and error (and exiting a few times to regain the resolve to continue and complete the task), but I felt it was well worth it.
A little gem of a game, can't wait for the next one. This is not to imply that there was a "To Be Continued" at the end, this is a stand-alone offering. I just hope that Calibri are developing another treat for us all.
Probably not a game to be completed in one "sitting", but well worth the effort. And you get to replay the puzzles at the end if you so desire.
Cheers

[Post New]by GameStudent on May 22, 11 5:21 PM
What a waste of money this purchase was. It's a beautiful little game but the 'no skip' option for the annoying arcade-style games means that I will never get to the end. I managed to fumble my way through the first ship puzzle, but the next one is way too frustrating and I have no intention of having yet another go. Note to devs: include a skip option or risk alienating most of your target market! Most of us are very, very glad that we have all moved on from these tedious arcade-style games - we don't want to go there ever again.

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on May 23, 11 1:11 PM
I agree completely. I love the graphics, puzzles and all, but the arcade stuff is just too fast! That's why I don't buy those games... thought this one was something else. A skip button would solve my problem!!!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 23, 11 5:52 PM
i would have used a skip button probably on several occasions had there been one. i must have tried sailing that ship at least 10 times. BUT, since each 'ocean' is the same, if you keep in mind what defeated you the last time(s), eventually it is surpassable. (sp?)

one side affect of not skipping is the immense satisfaction one obtains from having solved it, whether by luck or skill....

i am now stuck on level 4....have no freakin clue on where half the stuff is hiding, but i will, eventually. i refuse to let a game beat my brain....

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on May 24, 11 6:27 PM
I, too, hate arcade games and would like to "skip" them. I made it thru the first arcade game and am stuck on the second. Might have to hire a 12 year old to do it for me.

[Post New]by OozyDoozy on May 24, 11 7:57 PM
Stinking no good darn game! No skips! Rip off!

ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on May 25, 11 5:08 AM
Same here... hope the developers are listening (reading?). I'm really loving this game, but now after 6 tries on one of the arcade games - not so much. I'll probably just stop playing it all together. Not usually a "skipper" but on these arcade-type mini games, it's just too much for my older (so hate to admit that!) reflexes.

Really - a skip now and then to be able to enjoy the entire game. Is that too much to ask?

Go to: