bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 16, 11 4:41 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi all,
Anyone else had trouble trying to access the forums in the past 1/2 hour? Maybe a regional thing. This might also be causing problems with DLing.
Oh well, no matter, got here eventually!!
I think I am going to wait on this offering and try to finish the delightful Tiny Bang Story along with JoJo.
I too have not had thrilling experiences with Nat Geo games which is a pity as their subjects are usually interesting. But in light of the pictorial, editorial and research resources available to them as a whole, their games are generally more in the "bleh" classification rather than the interesting, edifying or enjoyment classifications.
Cheers.

on my ccc page there are 9 threads (not stickys) that are staying on top, some tgt c and r, and one with a last post from 2009, must be

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on May 16, 11 6:22 AM
What I don't understand is why, with the vast resources available to NatGeo, they consistently sponsor the most horrible games? It isn't as if they can't afford to hire a good developer.

Actually, this one isn't horrible but it is deadly dull. I wanted to like it, I tried to like it and, considering the paucity of good games since last week and that I have credits flaming away, I needed to like it. Alas. I'm back to playing a city-building game that's giving me fits.

Maybe tomorrow...

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 16, 11 6:44 AM
tredzwater wrote:What I don't understand is why, with the vast resources available to NatGeo, they consistently sponsor the most horrible games? It isn't as if they can't afford to hire a good developer.

Actually, this one isn't horrible but it is deadly dull. I wanted to like it, I tried to like it and, considering the paucity of good games since last week and that I have credits flaming away, I needed to like it. Alas. I'm back to playing a city-building game that's giving me fits.

Maybe tomorrow...

Hey, at least they're consistent.....

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on May 16, 11 7:13 AM
Micha1234 wrote:
tredzwater wrote:What I don't understand is why, with the vast resources available to NatGeo, they consistently sponsor the most horrible games? It isn't as if they can't afford to hire a good developer.

Maybe tomorrow...

Hey, at least they're consistent.....

Yeah. Too bad they've chosen to be consistently bad in casual gaming when just about everything else they do is excellent. Are we the red-headed stepchildren? Do they think that we'll lap up any old bat guano they choose to toss at us?

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on May 16, 11 8:47 AM
As a history buff who used to teach primary age kids about the Roman period I really wanted to like this game but it bored me to tears. I know the story, I don't need to be lectured thank you! I don't mind scrolling through dialogue if it is interesting but not one of the characters in my half hour had anything vaguely resembling a personality.
The gameplay, puzzles and hogs were all far too easy.
I could see myself using it with the kids as a fun extra as they often are more receptive to visual stimulus. Finish your work on time on time and you can have 10mins. with this game It would probably be about their level.

Go to: