Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pahelika: Secret Legends

[Post New]by Menesa on May 16, 11 8:18 PM
Bought Pahelika: Secret Legends as a D.D. ( $3.11AUD) and finding its quite a good value especially to pass away a dreary,chilly Melbourne afternoon.
Easy on the eyes,ears and certainly not a brain drain puzzlewise.
Pahelika presents clear, defined graphics,but maybe a lil too many sparkles and lots of blah,blah,blah from our hero.
From the walkthrough its quite a short game,guessing around 2-3hours playing time for the average fishie.
While I'm a fan of the dark fantasy ****,FHO adventure games such as the wonderful Raincliff,Gravely Silent, Phantasmat,Puppetville,Dark Parables etc I am really enjoying this game.
I dont think the full price value is there but would recommend to any fishie as a D.D or to use up your punch card game credits.
Enjoy

[Post New]by lizskokie on May 17, 11 10:00 PM
No way is this a hidden object game. It is one big puzzle.
Very difficult to solve without walk through assistance.
Never again with I purchase a game without trying it first.
I was most disappointed in this game.

[Post New]by Ness55 on May 18, 11 3:25 PM
I loved this game - though it was a bit short! Lots of puzzles and not just a series of endless hidden object screens (is that what HOG stands for?) There were enough clues to make it not too difficult.... Now how to track down some similar games?

peszeki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by peszeki on May 20, 11 10:43 PM
deja vu for me as well... I have a database of the games I played so I know I have not played Pahelika.... could it have been re-released with another name? I KNOW I played it before. Bought it on a shopping spree when all games were 4.99 (can not resist) but do not regret. Having fun still!

peszeki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by peszeki on May 20, 11 10:43 PM
deja vu for me as well... I have a database of the games I played so I know I have not played Pahelika.... could it have been re-released with another name? I KNOW I played it before. Bought it on a shopping spree when all games were 4.99 (can not resist) but do not regret. Having fun still!

Your Comments and Reviews for Pahelika: Secret Legends

[Post New]by cloystered on May 21, 11 4:41 PM
cleoladycat wrote:Give us your views fishes.

Hi fishies,

thanks for starting this thread. I will sticky it for you.

What do you think of Pahelika: Secret Legends? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

this is one of the worst games ever. no technical issues but there is no intuitive sensible way to use clues. It's just a hodgepodge of magical acts which would be practically impossible without the walkthrough. Hints should be provided as often the acts you must perform make no sense at all.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 4:43:13 PM PST

melouria
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melouria on May 24, 11 3:47 PM
Just finished this game and I really enjoyed it. Loved the music and the puzzles were just difficult enough to stretch my mind. I look forward to Pahelika 2!

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Jun 3, 11 12:21 PM
I consider myself pretty good at adventure puzzle games but I found this one quite tough. The puzzles themselves were ok as they could usually be worked out with a bit of lateral thinking (or blood, sweat and tears!) I found some of the objects unrecognisable and neither was there a caption to tell you what they were - maybe to make the game harder. It was difficult knowing which items needed to be combined so I found myself randomly trying to combine items in the hope that I'd find something! And sometimes that worked! But I did find myself heading to the forum more than I usually do for help with some parts.

The music is completely unintrusive at worst and beautiful at best. I never felt the need to turn the sound off. The graphics are beautiful and easy on the eye - occasionally a little dark but all in keeping with the mood of the game.

Although I enjoyed this game the sheer nonsense of some of the things that you had to do was very frustrating. Some actions have to be repeated 2 or 3 times before you've solved that particular task and I did think I'd got a computer or game glitch on quite a few occasions simply because of this.

On the whole, an enjoyable game - even a bargain on the DD - and I'm glad I bought it.....I think. Still recovering from the ending which I won't share here but safe to say it wasn't as tidy as I would have liked.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re: have a question on sticky

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jul 29, 11 9:49 AM
What do you mean when you say I will sticky it for you?

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 5:52 AM
I bought this game when first came out, the game is fairly good, I love the sparkled areas of it, the challenge level is OK, I did get stuck a few times, the graphics are crisp and that is something I like.

The story line is also OK, I see it as more of an HOG adventure.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Mar 21, 13 6:18 AM
I didn't like this game. It seemed user unfriendly. There was no hint button. When items went into your inventory it wasn't named, so you never new what the items were or what you were working with. I had to jump back and forth lots from the game to the walkthrough cause I never new for sure what to do. There is another Pahelika and I trialed it and it seemed better but it was the first game. Didn't get. Others seemed to like it but my thumbs are down on this one.

Go to: